Site down over weekend

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone,
I'd like to apologize for the site being down this weekend. As many of you know we have been having disrutions every few months with the site having trouble. The analysis is the site has too much traffic for a shared hosting account. So, we have had to move the site to a "semi-dedicated" server that hosts a small number of websites in order to improve resources needed to run Rapture Forums.

If we continue to experience difficulties, we will need to move to a dedicated server. But for the time being, I am hoping that our problems are solved and I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused folks by not getting on Rapture Forums during the weekend. I had "withdrawls" myself, so I know how many of you felt. :lol

I have already noticed the forums and site loading faster since the move to the semi-dedicated server, so hopefully this will make the browsing experience here at RF more enjoyable. :)

God bless.

mattfivefour

Chris will never say this, folks, but I will! If you really appreciate RF, go to http://www.raptureforums.com/donate.cfm and give some practical support. Even a thimble full of financial help will do a lot. Enough people giving a little will help keep RF up and running.

Now, Chris may be mad at me for saying that: he never likes to ask for financial help. He wants this site to be free to all. I agree with that. But the Bible teaches that we should help support whoever feeds us. And RF feeds us all with prayers, Bible study, encouragement and fellowship. I'll leave the the decision to give a bit of financial help to you. Let God guide you.

Back