How was SAUL Saved ?

dan p

Hi to all , and ever since I can remeber , that is Sunday School , they always point out that Saul was struck down on the road to
Damascus .
They talk about the light and how not to kick against the pricks and do an application of Acts 9:6 .

So , from Acts 9:6 , How was Saul saved ??

What was said that saved Saul ?

Did Jesus , say , Repent ?

Where in verse 6 , did Jesus say be Baptized ??

Was Saul saved by what John the Baptist said, Repent and be Baptized ?

Saul was already a believer in the Mosiac Law !!

I believe that Saul was saved by Grace !

Saul was the First one saved by Grace !! 1Tim 1:15-16 !!

Saul was the first one inducted into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit , in 1 Cor 12:13 !!

Saul was the first one saved by Grace as 1 Cor 12:3 , Reveals !!

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord

He was, as we all are.

No, he wasn't the first saved by grace.

Saul was the first one inducted into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit , in 1 Cor 12:13 !!

Again, no he wasn't the first.

Again, you're wrong. He wasn't the first.
The other apostles (and others) were saved before Paul.
Read Acts chapter 2. The Church (body of Christ) began at the day of Pentecost.

mattfivefour

You are absolutely correct when you state that Saul of Tarsus was saved by grace through faith on the road to Damascus. "Faith?" you say. Yes, because He acknowledged Jesus to be Lord and proved it by an act of obedience in doing what the Lord commanded him to do. (Acts 9:3-9) All true faith in Christ is followed by an act. How do we know Abraham had faith in God? Because he obeyed Him and left his home and family in Ur. And, for the rest of his life, he tried to obey God. As James said, faith without works is dead. It is meaningless. It is nothing. Only when someone acts on that faith, manifesting it by doing what God commands them to do, is there evidence that they are saved. And to say that is in no way suggesting that salvation is by works. No it is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. What the Bible teaches is that the evidence of that faith, the proof of it, is action.

Saul expressed faith in Christ as evidenced by his actions. And, for the record, he was baptized (Acts 9:18). Even Gentiles were baptized. (Acts 10:48)

However, Saul was no where near the first saved by grace. Thousands were saved by grace before him, including Gentiles. Grace is the only way ANYBODY can EVER be saved. God does not have two means of salvation ... only one. Faith in Jesus Christ. And THAT is a gift of His grace.

dan p

You are absolutely correct when you state that Saul of Tarsus was saved by grace through faith on the road to Damascus. "Faith?" you say. Yes, because He acknowledged Jesus to be Lord and proved it by an act of obedience in doing what the Lord commanded him to do. (Acts 9:3-9) All true faith in Christ is followed by an act. How do we know Abraham had faith in God? Because he obeyed Him and left his home and family in Ur. And, for the rest of his life, he tried to obey God. As James said, faith without works is dead. It is meaningless. It is nothing. Only when someone acts on that faith, manifesting it by doing what God commands them to do, is there evidence that they are saved. And to say that is in no way suggesting that salvation is by works. No it is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. What the Bible teaches is that the evidence of that faith, the proof of it, is action.

Saul expressed faith in Christ as evidenced by his actions. And, for the record, he was baptized (Acts 9:18). Even Gentiles were baptized. (Acts 10:48)

However, Saul was no where near the first saved by grace. Thousands were saved by grace before him, including Gentiles. Grace is the only way ANYBODY can EVER be saved. God does not have two means of salvation ... only one. Faith in Jesus Christ. And THAT is a gift of His grace.

Hi , and I believe that Saul was saved by Grace , but notice what Saul/Paul was sent to do in Acts 9:15 !!

Saul was sent to preach to :

#1 , To Gentiles
#2 , and to Kings
#3 , Then to the Children of Israel

Notice that the children of Israel reject Paul 3 times , Acts 13:46 , then Acts 18:6 and then Acts 28:25-29 and after Acts 28 , Israel was set aside as Rom 11:1-12 , dan p

dan p

He was, as we all are.

No, he wasn't the first saved by grace.

Again, no he wasn't the first.

Again, you're wrong. He wasn't the first.
The other apostles (and others) were saved before Paul.
Read Acts chapter 2. The Church (body of Christ) began at the day of Pentecost.

Hi , and , so them what verse do you have as to the first one saved by Grace , that trumps 1 Tim 1:15-16 ?

dan p

mattfivefour

Respectfully you are making a mistake when you interpret Acts 9:15 to say:

#1 , To Gentiles
#2 , and to Kings

From church history (the canonical Acts plus Paul's epistles, plus reliable extra-Biblical writers) Paul preached to Gentiles and to kings and to Jews. You have inserted a THEN, implying he did it in that order ... but that is incorrect. The listing in Acts 9:15 is not sequential but merely descriptive and, if you will, cumulative. You are building a doctrine on shaky ground.

Ditto your interpretation of 1 Timothy 1:15-16. The Greek adjective protos used in these verses does not mean first in sequence but first in magnitude. In other words, Paul is saying "It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost (protos) of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost (protos), Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life." To use your interpretation of protos as "first in order" then you would have to interpret verse 15 as saying that Paul was the first sinner ever.

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
Hi , and I believe that Saul was saved by Grace , but notice what Saul/Paul was sent to do in Acts 9:15 !!

#1 , To Gentiles
#2 , and to Kings

Notice that the children of Israel reject Paul 3 times , Acts 13:46 , then Acts 18:6 and then Acts 28:25-29 and after Acts 28 , Israel was set aside as Rom 11:1-12 , dan p
Don't read into it more than there is; Paul was saved by grace through Faith in Jesus as we all are, nothing different here, Paul is a part of the New Testament church as we are.

dan p

Respectfully you are making a mistake when you interpret Acts 9:15 to say:

From church history (the canonical Acts plus Paul's epistles, plus reliable extra-Biblical writers) Paul preached to Gentiles and to kings and to Jews. You have inserted a THEN, implying he did it in that order ... but that is incorrect. The listing in Acts 9:15 is not sequential but merely descriptive and, if you will, cumulative. You are building a doctrine on shaky ground.

Ditto your interpretation of 1 Timothy 1:15-16. The Greek adjective protos used in these verses does not mean first in sequence but first in magnitude. In other words, Paul is saying "It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost (protos) of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost (protos), Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life." To use your interpretation of protos as "first in order" then you would have to interpret verse 15 as saying that Paul was the first sinner ever.

Hi , and you are right that PROTOS means first and verse 16 , me PROTOS me first Christ Jesus might show forth all longsuffering for a Pattern of the ones coming to believe on Him unto everlasting life ,

In Phil 3:6 , Saul was Blameless , under the Law . Why do you say I am reading into it ?

Tell me why ??

dan p

dan p

Hi to all , and ever since I can remeber , that is Sunday School , they always point out that Saul was struck down on the road to
Damascus .
They talk about the light and how not to kick against the pricks and do an application of Acts 9:6 .

So , from Acts 9:6 , How was Saul saved ??

What was said that saved Saul ?

Did Jesus , say , Repent ?

Where in verse 6 , did Jesus say be Baptized ??

Was Saul saved by what John the Baptist said, Repent and be Baptized ?

Saul was already a believer in the Mosiac Law !!

Hi to all , and Saul reponds to Jesus and says , LORD/KURIOS/JEHOVAH , what wilt thou have me to do ?

1 Cor 12:3 says this , " that no man can say that Jesus is LORD/KURIOS/JEHOVAH , but by the Holy Spirit and this means that Jesus saved Saul atr this point in time Acts 9:6 !

1Cor 12:13 also applies , and the Holy Spirit BAPTIZO/PLACES Saul into the Body of Christ , the first member of the Body and 1 Cor 12:13 , there is no water here at all .

If anyone says that Saul was not the first one in the Body of Christ , where is there a verse to show where as Paul is the one the writes about the Body of Christ , all in Paul's epestiles , dan p

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
How could "Saul" be the first one in the church if he was part of the religious authorities who were persecuting and killing Christians before he went on the Damascus Road? :scratch:

And what exactly is your point in trying to argue this issue? Where are you leading to? :scratch:

dan p

How could "Saul" be the first one in the church if he was part of the religious authorities who were persecuting and killing Christians before he went on the Damascus Road? :scratch:

And what exactly is your point in trying to argue this issue? Where are you leading to? :scratch:

Hi , and I am showing that Paul wrote how each one is put into the Body of Christ , 1 Cor 12:13 !

By showing that all are saved by Grace , Eph 2:8 !

By showing that Saul , became the Apostle to the Gentiles in Rom 11:13 !

Are these verses wrong ??

What EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY was Saul persecting in Acts 8:3 , it seem that they were are Jews by context !!

Gal 1:13 , the Holy Spirit calls it the EKKLESIA/ASSEMBLY of God , what say you ?

Is that not what EKKLESIA means " , Assembly ??

dan p

dan p

mattfivefour

Hi , and you are right that PROTOS means first and verse 16 , me PROTOS me first Christ Jesus might show forth all longsuffering for a Pattern of the ones coming to believe on Him unto everlasting life ,

In Phil 3:6 , Saul was Blameless , under the Law . Why do you say I am reading into it ?

Tell me why ??

dan p
I never said protos meant "first" I said it meant "foremost". Foremost means "above all else", NOT "before all else". You have totally missed the meaning. Secondly, Paul says he was blameless "in respect of the law"; as Philippians 3:6 says, "I was ἄμεμπτος (ableptos: meaning 'without blemish in terms of the law', in other words: 'ritually pure')." He is saying he kept every external requirement as befit a young rabbi. But Paul makes it clear that keeping the law can NEVER save anyone. In fact he says plainly that the purpose of the law was to prove to everybody that NOBODY could keep it properly.

mattfivefour

Hi , and I am showing that Paul wrote how each one is put into the Body of Christ , 1 Cor 12:13 !

By showing that all are saved by Grace , Eph 2:8 !

By showing that Saul , became the Apostle to the Gentiles in Rom 11:13 !

Are these verses wrong ??

What EKKLESIA /ASSEMBLY was Saul persecting in Acts 8:3 , it seem that they were are Jews by context !!

Gal 1:13 , the Holy Spirit calls it the EKKLESIA/ASSEMBLY of God , what say you ?

Is that not what EKKLESIA means " , Assembly ??

dan p

dan p
Ekklesia means "the called out ones" and refers to the mystical, invisible body of believers and any group of members in it. You are trying to differentiate between Jews and Gentiles in the Ekklesia despite Paul having said that there is neither Jew or Gentile in it but all are one.

And, for the record, as is clearly stated in Scripture, there is only ONE way in which people are put into the Ekklesia— by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. End of story.

Elijah's Mantle

:welcome: Dan P

Good to see ya come to the table and taking in the word :yeah:

much of learning is in asking :elmogrin

there is awesome stuff to explore and learn about Paul/Saul :((

dan p

:welcome: Dan P

Good to see ya come to the table and taking in the word :yeah:

much of learning is in asking :elmogrin

there is awesome stuff to explore and learn about Paul/Saul :((

Hi , and thanks for your welcome , as I was reluctant to start with Acts 9:6 and verse 17 is hard to understand !

Matt-Revelation is very hard to understand for most believers and most have never seen how the verb tense can expland any verse and I mostly expect to mostly be attacked as to my intelligence and it is hard to get a fair hearing ,and that is what I want , just a fair hearing and will always have verses to back it up and in Context , Grammarical , Historical , Dispensational and use 2 Tim 2:15 , dan p

dan p

Ekklesia means "the called out ones" and refers to the mystical, invisible body of believers and any group of members in it. You are trying to differentiate between Jews and Gentiles in the Ekklesia despite Paul having said that there is neither Jew or Gentile in it but all are one.

And, for the record, as is clearly stated in Scripture, there is only ONE way in which people are put into the Ekklesia— by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. End of story.

Hi , and I am sure that most realize that Gal 3:28 was written some 30 years after Saul was saved and no one knew about Gal 3:28 , until Paul wrote about it , nor knew how anyone was inducted into the Body or even knew that there was a Body of Christ ,

And other important fact is the Paul is the only that uses the phrase " in Christ " and only Paul wrote about it , and Jesus nor the 12 used this phrase nor wrote about it , dan p

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
Hi , and I am sure that most realize that Gal 3:28 was written some 30 years after Saul was saved and no one knew about Gal 3:28 , until Paul wrote about it , nor knew how anyone was inducted into the Body or even knew that there was a Body of Christ ,

And other important fact is the Paul is the only that uses the phrase " in Christ " and only Paul wrote about it , and Jesus nor the 12 used this phrase nor wrote about it , dan p

The induction began in the Upper Room by the Holy Spirit; there really are no distinctions; God see us as lost or saved; we are currently the Bride of Christ; that includes Peter, Paul, myself and yourself as well. The Holy Spirit used men to write the scriptures, they are not Paul's personal opinions as some like to divide.

dan p

Hi , and where are is the Greek word CHRISTIANOS found in the Gospels ?

You will find i9t in Acts 11:25 and they seem to be Jews and not Gentiles .

In Acts 11:20 , these are Grecians Jews , and christian just means a Disciple and follower of Christ , dan p

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
Hi , and where are is the Greek word CHRISTIANOS found in the Gospels ?

You will find i9t in Acts 11:25 and they seem to be Jews and not Gentiles .

In Acts 11:20 , these are Grecians Jews , and christian just means a Disciple and follower of Christ , dan p

"Christian" was a derogatory word made up by the Greeks to ridicule believers who depended upon Christ for their salvation, trusting in Jesus alone for salvation began in Acts 2 as I already mentioned before; the Jews of the OT trusted in the coming Messiah for their salvation just as we trust in the messiah who already came. The OT Jews were of Christ as well but no one realized it, but Jesus preached this message to them in the prisons in Hades where he released the captives to heaven for they were now in Christ. Ephesians 4:8

GlennO

Acts 11:26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians.

Acts 19:23 About that time there arose no little disturbance concerning the Way.

Back