Kentucky Wildcats

Thread: Kentucky Wildcats

Bookmark and Share
    Ducati is offline Citizen

Default Kentucky Wildcats

My wife got me involved in this...she's a Wildcat.

I have to admit its rubbed off on me over the years. Never really follow collage sports other then UK-B ball.

There having a banner year this year....#1.

Default Re: Kentucky Wildcats

They'll be hard to beat and will more than likely take the whole thing. I'm guessing the NCAA sticks WKU up against them in the first round. We've beaten them 2 times out of five games ever played against them.

The first time WKU ever played UK was in the 1971 NCAA where WKU gave Adolph Rupp his worse ever defeat in an NCAA tournament--107-83. Last time we played them was in 2001 where WKU beat UK by 13 in Rupp Arena.
    WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY HILLTOPPERS: 45 basketball conference championships, third-most in NCAA history. 43 seasons with 20+ wins, sixth-most in NCAA history. 38 All-Americans, 37 national post-season appearances, 23 NCAA Tournament berths. 14th in NCAA history in all-time wins. 8th in NCAA history in all-time winning percentage. 2002 NCAA Division 1AA National Football Champions, 2012 Little Caesar's Bowl

By your signature I see you keep up with this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducati View Post
    By your signature I see you keep up with this sort of thing.
    If your wife is from Kentucky, she also knows that "basketball is life" around these parts!
    WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY HILLTOPPERS: 45 basketball conference championships, third-most in NCAA history. 43 seasons with 20+ wins, sixth-most in NCAA history. 38 All-Americans, 37 national post-season appearances, 23 NCAA Tournament berths. 14th in NCAA history in all-time wins. 8th in NCAA history in all-time winning percentage. 2002 NCAA Division 1AA National Football Champions, 2012 Little Caesar's Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by WKUHilltopper View Post
    If your wife is from Kentucky, she also knows that "basketball is life" around these parts!
    Trust me, I've come to see this.

Todays game against Vandi.......UK had the game with 3:00 left with like a 7 or 9 pt. lead...every possession they got they never drove the basket...just trying to run the clock down. 3 min in basket ball is like 10 min in football. They would have won if they played with any urgency...but Vandi needed it more.

Trust me, I've come to see this.

Todays game against Vandi.......UK had the game with 3:00 left with like a 7 or 9 pt. lead...every possession they got they never drove the basket...just trying to run the clock down. 3 min in basket ball is like 10 min in football. They would have won if they played with any urgency...but Vandi needed it more.
    I hate that "slow the game down to kill the clock". They should have just played their regular game because the slow down throws any team off their pace...unless they play slow in the first place. Vandy just proved that KY is beatable. But UK's coach kept telling everyone the SEC tourney meant nothing anyway...so I guess their team bought into that. Calipari should have known better than this--but he is right in the end however, they'll still get a number 1 seeding in some region and I'm betting it is the the Dum! Arena (Yum! Center) in Louisville--the NCAA ain't stupid, it will be a cash cow game on ticket sales around here.

Yep...just like I said...putting WKU in the same bracket as UK.

So if WKU wins the play in game, you'll have WKU, UK and Murray State (Murray, KY) playing in the Dum! Center in Louisville---a scalper's paradise!

This almost seems to be just wrong. A #1 vs. a #16...? The poor kids a WKU have to feel humiliated.

I'm watching the game now in the 2nd half.....63 to 36 ?

Chris is offline Administrator

This almost seems to be just wrong. A #1 vs. a #16...? The poor kids a WKU have to feel humiliated.

I'm watching the game now in the 2nd half.....63 to 36 ?
    WKU turned it around. The final was 81-66. That's a respectable score against the number one team in America. At least that's IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    WKU turned it around. The final was 81-66. That's a respectable score against the number one team in America. At least that's IMHO.

Yeah, a 16-1 run at the last (as usual the runs always come at the last)--and uk didn't substitute until the last 22 seconds.

If anyone got on here--after having a dismal start at the season, would have a losing record by January, fire the head coach and then said WKU would win 7 straight as Harper as coach, would win the SBC tournament, would go to the NCAA and win a game in the NCAA all with a losing record--they would have been calling for that poster to be locked up in a nut house.

Next year should be incredible as all these freshmen have a year under their belt. A great PG and power forward would be nice to sign.

Only 170 days til kick off!

ragamuffin is offline Citizen

Congratulations to WKU on a great finish to this season! Their future definitely looks bright!

Go CATS!

Quote Originally Posted by ragamuffin View Post
    Congratulations to WKU on a great finish to this season! Their future definitely looks bright!

Go CATS!
    Thanks...UK is gonna be tough to beat. And what a great team! Most of your freshmen will be going to the NBA draft this year--that's pretty remarkable. We get you in football in a few months in Lexington...payback?

ragamuffin is offline Citizen

Payback... perhaps so! Our football program isn't on the same trajectory as basketball these days. So nothing would surprise me there.

I'm afraid you're correct that we will indeed lose several of our players when this season ends. This team seems to have an "air" of humility about them that is rare these days in kids of that age. We'll enjoy this ride as long as it lasts!

Wish we could play football at WKU... you have an awesome facility! My son's team won a state championship in High School at WKU back in 2009!

How come Kentucky football has never stood up to the basketball program ?

anath is online now I Love the Lord

Hilltopper your team had an exceptional season and congrats are in order.
    Also congrats to UK for winning the national championship

Amazing love! How can it be that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

Quote Originally Posted by anath View Post
    Hilltopper your team had an exceptional season and congrats are in order.
    Also congrats to UK for winning the national championship

Thanks...with the new coach--who actually knows how to coach, I'm expecting greater things in the future.

UK is a team of destiny. They basically are a mid-level NBA team. And 3/5's of them playing are/were freshmen.

The only compliant I can have is the group that sang the national anthem just before the game against Kansas. I mean, those were the worse sounds I've ever heard! Who the heck picked this outfit?? I actually flipped to the "local access channel" until it was over.

Thread Information