Troy vs. WKU

Thread: Troy vs. WKU

Bookmark and Share

Default Troy vs. WKU

Who would have thought Troy would be in the running for the top spot of the east division of the Sun Belt Conference? How about that, Chris. You're one game behind WKU. This coming Saturday night is a big game when WKU visits Troy. I will remind you that WKU shellacked Troy at WKU 99-76 earlier in the season!

I think Troy beat FAU tonight too. And in case you missed it, WKU had a national TV game against South Alabama--and won, of course!

I know, I know--you all only care about football. But in some ranking services, WKU's football recruiting class for this year ranks #1 in the conference. Aren't you all building a new arena for basketball?

Sun Belt Conference Standings
    East.........................Conf...........All
    Western Kentucky.......11-2.........17-7
    Troy...........................9-3.........14-10
    Middle Tenn. St............8-4.........14-9
    South Alabama.............6-6.........13-10
    Florida Intl...................4-8..........9-16
    Florida Atlantic.............1-11........5-19
    West.........................Conf..........All
    AR Little Rock..............9-2..........16-6
    Arkansas St................5-6..........13-9
    North Texas................5-6..........12-10
    Denver.......................5-6..........10-12
    LA Lafayette...............5-6...........8-14
    New Orleans................5-7.........10-13
    LA Monroe...................3-8..........7-15
    WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY HILLTOPPERS: 45 basketball conference championships, third-most in NCAA history. 43 seasons with 20+ wins, sixth-most in NCAA history. 38 All-Americans, 37 national post-season appearances, 23 NCAA Tournament berths. 14th in NCAA history in all-time wins. 8th in NCAA history in all-time winning percentage. 2002 NCAA Division 1AA National Football Champions, 2012 Little Caesar's Bowl

Chris is online now Administrator

You maybe sorry you created thread after the next game. :tongue

I had no idea Troy was playing that well right now. It will be interesting to see who pulls this game out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You maybe sorry you created thread after the next game. :tongue

I had no idea Troy was playing that well right now. It will be interesting to see who pulls this game out.
    Yeah, I probably just jinxed it! WKU plays goofy on the road--at least this team does. We lost like six seniors from our Sweet 16 run from last years NCAA tournament and are some what inconsistent.

And even though we beat number 3 ranked Louisville by 14 points this season, it seems like sometimes this team forgets how to play.
    WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY HILLTOPPERS: 45 basketball conference championships, third-most in NCAA history. 43 seasons with 20+ wins, sixth-most in NCAA history. 38 All-Americans, 37 national post-season appearances, 23 NCAA Tournament berths. 14th in NCAA history in all-time wins. 8th in NCAA history in all-time winning percentage. 2002 NCAA Division 1AA National Football Champions, 2012 Little Caesar's Bowl

I didn't know Troy had turned their basketball season around. After you mentioned it, I went and looked at the result of their schedule. They have won like 10 out of the last 11 games. This is not the time to play Troy. They started the season in bad shape, but they have rebounded. Whether they have enough to beat WKU remains to be seen. I guess we'll know in 5 days.

Nice game...I knew we would choke! Troy now on top of the division.

Quote Originally Posted by WKUHilltopper View Post
    Nice game...I knew we would choke! Troy now on top of the division.
    :tongue

Well, you guys still got the conference tournament where you can seek revenge. I don't think the home court advantage will come into play there. We still got a couple of weeks to see how things pan out. :woah:

Troy loses at FIU. WKU wins at UALR---retakes lead in SBC east division!

Thread Information