• 6 Post By mattfivefour
  • 6 Post By WKUHilltopper
  • 3 Post By mattfivefour
  • 2 Post By YeuEmMaiMai

Thread: Digital resurrection

Bookmark and Share
    Forgiven is offline Citizen

Twitch Digital resurrection

The latest technology for entertainment...

Tupac’s resurrection and questions over raising the dead

By Vera H-C Chan
    Yahoo | Trending Now
    April 19, 2011

In case you were busy paying attention to the living and missed the news, Tupac Shakur was the latest dead celebrity to be digitally reincarnated. The reaction—from thrilled to queasy—at the Coachella festival may call for a repeat performance this Saturday. (A Coachella spokesperson could only confirm Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg's concert, not the hologram.)

Anytime you resurrect the dead, though, a lot of questions crop up, from the technical (why isn't this a hologram?) to the legal (who owns you when you're dead?) to the downright ethical (what's to stop you from reanimating the fill-in-worst-dictator-and-criminal-scenario here?). Besides death, there is one certainty: Digital zombies will continue to rise, and so will the controversies.

"We're beginning to live in a world where it's extremely difficult for people to determine what is real from what is not real," Ryan Calo, the director for privacy and robotics at the Stanford Center for Internet and Society, observes in an interview with Yahoo!. "It's kind of a technology vertigo." On the upside, while falsifying history has long been possible, forensic science has kept up with manipulation technology.

Yet what will this confusion over what's real and what's not real mean to later generations? Might this cement confirmation biases, the tendency to believe what supports your thinking? Say you're a moon hoax conspiracist: A revived Tupac "proves" how a mass lunar deception could be executed. "Maybe there will come a day you will physically witness something and not believe it," Colo suggests.

Y! Big Story: Tupac

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

Default Re: Digital resurrection

It is interesting the technologies that exist which finally disprove the notion that "seeing is believing." It would not surprise me to see the A/C use such technologies in the future in order to "deceive many".
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Digital resurrection
    Great. High tech zombies. We've got plenty of those in Congress and on the payroll in DC already.
    WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY HILLTOPPERS: 45 basketball conference championships, third-most in NCAA history. 43 seasons with 20+ wins, sixth-most in NCAA history. 38 All-Americans, 37 national post-season appearances, 23 NCAA Tournament berths. 14th in NCAA history in all-time wins. 8th in NCAA history in all-time winning percentage. 2002 NCAA Division 1AA National Football Champions, 2012 Little Caesar's Bowl

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

I thought those were low tech, bro.
    JC1949, SonSeeker and ShilohRose like this.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

YeuEmMaiMai is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WKUHilltopper View Post
    Great. High tech zombies. We've got plenty of those in Congress and on the payroll in DC already.
    Congress are considered low tech as they are not bright enough to light up an LED lightbulb.....
    Obie and ShilohRose like this.

ForgivenOne is offline Citizen

It is not so far-fetched, and as the British have proven, the technology is already here. Fatal wound to the Antichrist - no problem, he'll be back instantaneously:

BBC News - Top Gear presenter James May meets his virtual self
    Nancy

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

David T. McKee is offline Jesus is Truth

I have question about all of this that puts a little bit of an additional spin on these things...

We know that the Bible is pretty clear about the practices of "Majick" (I use Crowley's spelling to refer to the practice of actual "spiritual magic" as opposed to the art of illusion).

We also know that Arthur C. Clarke said something very profound on technology and majick: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

So when does technological knowledge and practice cross the line of spiritual majick? When we start reanimating from digital records, pictures, interviews, memories the lives of someone who has passed away? Or is it when we then put those reanimated programs into a life-like robot such as the ones the Japanese are building?

Or is it when we start replacing, one by one, the neurons in our brains with artificial silicon neurons (such chips exist now and are even available as free or low cost samples for you to experiment with).

Or does it begin when someone connects a transistor up as a quantum noise source by leaving the collector unconnected, samples that noise, and starts asking the transistor questions, or tries to influence the noise with their minds? (don;t laugh the plans and the actual device is available now with a usb connection and software which you can purchase online - or you can build your own, the plans are on sites like "Instructables"). Build your own electronic Ouija board.

Or some total combination of these things to give your resurrected robot loved one that personal "thinking for itself" touch.

Just some thoughts...

-DTM
    Colossians 3:8 But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Dear God help me to take off these filthy cloths!

DanLW is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by mattfivefour View Post
    It is interesting the technologies that exist which finally disprove the notion that "seeing is believing." It would not surprise me to see the A/C use such technologies in the future in order to "deceive many".
    Highly likely in view of scripture:

Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. (NKJV)(emphasis mine)

I think this seems to suggest that the resurrection of the beast, or antichrist, will be a counterfeit resurrection.

Duncanmc is offline Citizen

Does anyone remember the superbowl commercial where actor Christopher Reeves got up and walked across the stage? It was a very powerful and impactful vision of hope for so many para's and quad's. Imagine something similar but staged to appear "live"....doubters would quickly be shouted down or seen as heretics. Being a believer in this time will be a brutal struggle just as it was in the earliest church. Fear and hiding, hungeer nd disease all leading in many cases to sudden and painful death. But WHAT GLORY just beyond the veil
    Od lo avdah tikvateinu!

AM YISRAEL CHAI !

Thread Information