• 4 Post By mattfivefour
  • 6 Post By WKUHilltopper
  • 4 Post By froggy
  • 2 Post By livin_in_the_Son
  • 2 Post By readyforhome
  • 1 Post By readyforhome
  • 4 Post By DanLW
  • 2 Post By kariyarox_9

Thread: Seriously. How stupid are scientists??

Bookmark and Share

Default Seriously. How stupid are scientists??

This guy is a retired construction worker. So much for "aliens" and PhD Engineers...

BrotherKev, readyforhome and shane like this.
    WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY HILLTOPPERS: 45 basketball conference championships, third-most in NCAA history. 43 seasons with 20+ wins, sixth-most in NCAA history. 38 All-Americans, 37 national post-season appearances, 23 NCAA Tournament berths. 14th in NCAA history in all-time wins. 8th in NCAA history in all-time winning percentage. 2002 NCAA Division 1AA National Football Champions, 2012 Little Caesar's Bowl

RanYakumo is offline Citizen

Default Re: Seriously. How stupid are scientists??

He did use more modern technology like a hose. Then again, the hose is only performing a task that doesn't require it quicker.

Impressive regardless of whether this was actually how Stonehenge was built.

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

Amazing video, bro. I really enjoyed it! Thanks for posting it.

In exploring the construction of everything from the pyramids to Stonehenge I have come to the conclusion that modern man's pronouncements about the impossibility of their construction is the product of his arrogance born of his "advanced" education and "knowledge". Today's expert seems to think that only with his degree of knowledge can anybody accomplish anything. Well, history demonstrates that the most amazing feats have been accomplished by people without anywhere near the formal education of today. I once met uneducated man (he could not read or write beyond his name) who could nonetheless "read" a blueprint, build anything, figure out stuff that left engineers puzzled and, in fact, once pointed out to the designers of an Eastern pipeline where they had made a mistake in their calculations.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Quote Originally Posted by mattfivefour View Post
    Amazing video, bro. I really enjoyed it! Thanks for posting it.

In exploring the construction of everything from the pyramids to Stonehenge I have come to the conclusion that modern man's pronouncements about the impossibility of their construction is the product of his arrogance born of his "advanced" education and "knowledge". Today's expert seems to think that only with his degree of knowledge can anybody accomplish anything. Well, history demonstrates that the most amazing feats have been accomplished by people without anywhere near the formal education of today. I once met uneducated man (he could not read or write beyond his name) who could nonetheless "read" a blueprint, build anything, figure out stuff that left engineers puzzled and, in fact, once pointed out to the designers of an Eastern pipeline where they had made a mistake in their calculations.
    I usually reject the notion that "ancient man" (so-called) was "dumb" and "not that bright". It is a ridiculous conclusion born from the mother of "evolution". In other words, the "conventional wisdom" is intelligence had to evolve too. LOL, right.

Most of the greatest inventions were created by "non-degreed" people. Automobiles, computers, accurate clocks (seriously important for navigation)...the list goes on. The only thing a degree seems to do, these days, is promote some sort of class distinction and demands you stay in a certain "box" of collective thinking. (I say this holding two degrees! )
    Last edited by WKUHilltopper; April-18th-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY HILLTOPPERS: 45 basketball conference championships, third-most in NCAA history. 43 seasons with 20+ wins, sixth-most in NCAA history. 38 All-Americans, 37 national post-season appearances, 23 NCAA Tournament berths. 14th in NCAA history in all-time wins. 8th in NCAA history in all-time winning percentage. 2002 NCAA Division 1AA National Football Champions, 2012 Little Caesar's Bowl

froggy is offline Resident

Great video! This is the first thing that came to mind as I watched:

1Co_1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Listening to experts hasn't worked out so well, has it? (i.e. psychologists having such a high rate of depression and suicide in their profession while purporting to know how to cure everyone else s problems) Look at the state the world is in. A return to simple common sense would do loads of good for this world. Of course, common sense would lead a person to realize their need for Christ. Hmmm, I guess common sense is politically incorrect then. Oh well, a guy can dream, can't he?
    Gal3:3 "Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"

Just remember, wherever you go-- there you are.
    So stop running and just face the awful truth.
    There is nothing good in you and you can't improve yourself.
    Time to nail your old stinky carcass to the cross and let Jesus create the new you in Him!

"I never said He was safe. But He is GOOD!"

Well, I have never been of the mind that anything was impossible...the pyramids exist, stonehenge is there, the weird faces of Easter Island can be touched....what has ALWAYS blown my mind is that evolutionists would rather attribute these things to aliens, instead of using them as proof of man-kind's intelligence, and not just opposable thumbs. They really blew it there.
    mattfivefour and BrotherKev like this.

LivnForChrist is offline Jesus Christ is Lord

readyforhome is offline Citizen

In many instances we really do have no idea exaclty how advanced, or not as the case may be, certain ancient cultures may have been. And yes it is based off of the old Earth/evolutionist world view. It still gets me how when there is a new pronouncement approving of or advancing this world view it makes the front page. And when it get gets disproven it MIGHT make the back pages IF it gets publication at all. Remember LUCY that the one scientist found and it was being heralded as one of man's oldest, if not the oldest missing relative/link? He found the bones for this discovery in different strata of rock and found tham miles apart. Not very honest or scientific is it? And that is just ONE example, and there are more. I know what the response would likely be to this next statement, but I read somewhere that the chances of evolution happening by random chance are like 1 in 10 to the 65 power. I really need to find that article.
    mattfivefour and NUmarcus like this.

readyforhome is offline Citizen

I just thought of something. The modern garden hose aside, the water could have been moved in other ways. The fact that the man doesn't have an advanced degree is a major reason this would likely be dismissed by some, but frankly it worked. So in my humble opinion it negates the need for the following fellow(s).->
    BrotherKev likes this.

DanLW is offline Citizen

I remember somebody telling me about a TV show called "Ancient Aliens" on the History channel of all places. A recurring theme is ancient structures which baffle engineers today, therefore they MUST have been built with the help of aliens. After all, man was stupid back then, and we're smart today.

During this time I offered my explanation which in light of the OP makes sense. Way back when, we had different ways of doing things because we lacked the technology to make modern machinery. The reason the methods were lost to history is likely because the engineers responsible didn't write it down. Or if it was written down, the writings were lost through history either through neglect, fires, the destruction of war, etc.

Consider how many of you are gifted in certain areas. Would you be able to put down on paper an explanation on how you do the things you do? Many of us don't know why we're so good at the things we're good at. "How did you do that?" "I don't know... I just did it."

Detailed instructions on how to do a specific task are easy to record. But the thought process that goes into creating those instructions from scratch is extremely difficult to record. And then there's the wisdom which comes from years and years of practical application. You can explain why specific steps work. But how can you explain how to take a bunch of random knowledge and knit it together into a step by step process?

No, I definitely don't attribute unexplainable feats of engineering to aliens. I attribute them to humans who were geniuses in the field of engineering. People who were geniuses when it came to figuring out engineering problems. But perhaps they never recorded their methods. They may have even been illiterate! Or if anything was recorded, it was lost through time. And so when they died, their knowledge died with them.

Probably the biggest reason we can't figure it out is we don't have to. If we decided to build Stonehenge today, we'd use 18-wheel trucks, a crane, backhoe, and a team of lawyers to get the necessary building permits.

kariyarox_9 is offline Member

In my opinion, the fact that we have people believing in evolution in our modern world is evidence that the ancient civilization was actually a lot smarter than we are, since they weren't foolish enough to believe such a theory.
    ShilohRose and BrotherKev like this.

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DanLW View Post
    I remember somebody telling me about a TV show called "Ancient Aliens" on the History channel of all places. A recurring theme is ancient structures which baffle engineers today, therefore they MUST have been built with the help of aliens. After all, man was stupid back then, and we're smart today.

During this time I offered my explanation which in light of the OP makes sense. Way back when, we had different ways of doing things because we lacked the technology to make modern machinery. The reason the methods were lost to history is likely because the engineers responsible didn't write it down. Or if it was written down, the writings were lost through history either through neglect, fires, the destruction of war, etc.

Consider how many of you are gifted in certain areas. Would you be able to put down on paper an explanation on how you do the things you do? Many of us don't know why we're so good at the things we're good at. "How did you do that?" "I don't know... I just did it."

Detailed instructions on how to do a specific task are easy to record. But the thought process that goes into creating those instructions from scratch is extremely difficult to record. And then there's the wisdom which comes from years and years of practical application. You can explain why specific steps work. But how can you explain how to take a bunch of random knowledge and knit it together into a step by step process?

No, I definitely don't attribute unexplainable feats of engineering to aliens. I attribute them to humans who were geniuses in the field of engineering. People who were geniuses when it came to figuring out engineering problems. But perhaps they never recorded their methods. They may have even been illiterate! Or if anything was recorded, it was lost through time. And so when they died, their knowledge died with them.

Probably the biggest reason we can't figure it out is we don't have to. If we decided to build Stonehenge today, we'd use 18-wheel trucks, a crane, backhoe, and a team of lawyers to get the necessary building permits.
    You are absolutely correct, Dan. Until someone has to do it, it may seem easy. It's not. In my career I was contracted to train others in my craft. When first tasked with that challenge many years ago I found it very difficult—despite being considered a master in that specific field—just how I did certain things and why I did them in certain ways. It took a lot of stepping back and analysis and then a great deal of thinking to be able to articulate explanations sufficient to instruct others in the hows and whys of my craft. Excellent post, bro!
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

NUmarcus is offline Resident

Quote Originally Posted by readyforhome View Post
    In many instances we really do have no idea exaclty how advanced, or not as the case may be, certain ancient cultures may have been. And yes it is based off of the old Earth/evolutionist world view. It still gets me how when there is a new pronouncement approving of or advancing this world view it makes the front page. And when it get gets disproven it MIGHT make the back pages IF it gets publication at all. Remember LUCY that the one scientist found and it was being heralded as one of man's oldest, if not the oldest missing relative/link? He found the bones for this discovery in different strata of rock and found tham miles apart. Not very honest or scientific is it? And that is just ONE example, and there are more. I know what the response would likely be to this next statement, but I read somewhere that the chances of evolution happening by random chance are like 1 in 10 to the 65 power. I really need to find that article.
    Here you go.

http://www.mcleanbible.org/uploads/Genesisarticle.pdf

Thread Information