Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FaithInChrist

Thread: Please Pray For The Midwest, Especially Oklahoma...

Bookmark and Share
    Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

Default Please Pray For The Midwest, Especially Oklahoma...

'Life-threatening' storms feared for Midwest *| ajc.com

'Life-threatening' storms feared for Midwest

OKLAHOMA CITY Tornado sirens sounded across Oklahoma City hours before dawn Saturday as the nation's midsection braced for what forecasters cautioned could be a day of "life-threatening" storms, with the most dangerous weather expected to develop in the afternoon.

While officials warned a large area spanning from Minnesota to Texas could be at risk during the weekend, emergency workers focused their attention overnight on central Oklahoma, where they said funnel clouds had been spotted though they couldn't immediately confirm if any had touched down. The area includes the small town of Piedmont, where a twister last May killed several people, including two young boys, authorities said.

"They're probably feeling like they're going through that all over again," Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management spokeswoman Keli Cain said Saturday.

The worst conditions were projected for late Saturday afternoon between Oklahoma City and Salina, Kan., but other areas also could see severe storms with baseball-sized hail and winds of up to 70 mph, forecasters said. The warning issued Friday covers parts of Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.
    In Your wrath, O Holy Lord, please remember mercy...

Default Re: Please Pray For The Midwest, Especially Oklahoma...

Neohistory is offline Member

I woke up to a weather alert about 2:30 or so in the morning. Me and my fiance live just about 10 miles from this area. I grew up in Yukon which is just SW of Yukon by 15 minutes; which is where my parents are still living. In my whole live, every tornado I can remember has either gone Northeast, if formed near El Reno (15 minutes to the west): If formed southwest, they always stay far south and go into the South part of the City (Norman was hit yesterday by one, about 35 minutes away.) I see the Hand of God protect people as these storms move their course. Today will be a bit of anxiety, but lately, I feel more and more the HS granting me peace on this, and I feel unusually safe and comforted considering these news articles.

However, with that stated, sometimes I do not appreciate the FUD (yes, FUD, the Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt which seems to be easily strewn about in various walks of life) that the meterologists speak about, which they usually always do in Oklahoma.

The May 3rd Tornado that hit Moore was HUGE, very devistating, and there was no warning like these words used in the article. Sometimes I wonder, if those who aren't saved, who do not believe in God or the work of Jesus Christ, still are "feeling" some type of discernment; maybe the HS giving them that "gut feeling" about something. I will never know but I'm just rambling, but I know, no matter what happens, God is watching over me. I have neared death once in my life, and God so loved me that he spared me from a horrible future of repercussions. Please keep us in your thoughts though, as I know some may not feel the same as I do or have the same comfort. God loves us all, so much that He put himself in our place so that we may be made right in His eyes, and live with Him in eternal glory and peace.

God Bless,
    Brian R.

mattfivefour is online now Super Moderator

We've been praying since yesterday, sis.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

A24AW is offline Resident

I expect a long night cuddled to our weather alert radio.

I'm praying for safety for all, in the paths of these storms. I just talked to my dad, who lives in Austin, TX, and he said there was a large, long range tornado on the ground in KS. I pray all are prepared to take shelter. I have relatives near Wichita, they are ready for the storms and staying home all day so they won't get caught out in bad weather.

There was a time, when bad weather was forcasted and we went about our day as normal, and rarely did anything ever come of the tornado predictions. Now when something is forecasted it is almost always as bad as predicted or even worse. Yes, the pangs are coming harder and closer together. We are nearing the time of being united with our Lord.

We pray for the lost, may these storms serve the purpose of causing the lost to call on Your Holy name and waking up our lukewarm brothers and sisters so they can burn with fire for You and join in the work of leading others to Christ.
    mattfivefour likes this.

2Timothy4:1-5 is offline Resident

Seth

2Timothy4:1-5

Wichita was just hit with a large tornado. Praying for all involved.

mattfivefour is online now Super Moderator

Praying!
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Thread Information