Mendocino Triple Junction
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By GlennO

Thread: Mendocino Triple Junction

Bookmark and Share
    GlennO is offline Citizen

Default Mendocino Triple Junction

Many of you know I've followed the earthquake topic for quite a while. My primary interest is the transition between the San Andreas Fault (SAF) and the Cascadia Subduction Zone (CSZ) since I living on shaky ground. I do not see ANY nexus between current seismic activity levels and Matthew 24 (so let's not go there).

I post this for those of us that find interest in the rumbles of the Earth.

Mendocino Triple Junction Offshore Northern California

My observations indicate there is an imbalance between the levels of activity and forces of the seen in the West Pacific in contrast with the Eastern Pacific. Experts agree the area San Andreas is locked south of San Francisco.

I’ve understood the Coriolis effect from my study of weather, The Coriolis Effect: A (Fairly) Simple Explanation yet, I still find it mindboggling that just as water flushed in a toilet in the northern hemisphere rotates counterclockwise and in the southern hemisphere it rotates clockwise , so do the Tectonic Plates are subject to that force. Plate Tectonics : How Plates Move

Since I’ve been following things seismic for a couple of decades, I’ll go on record with a hunch……

Cascadia is ripe! And so is the San Andreas!
    Either fault could trigger the other…..Then again there is that pesky Mendcino triple junction playing the spoiler.
    Consider the words of Omar M. Ahmad, founder of CAIR: "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant." ... "The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America , and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."

SonSeeker is offline Citizen

Default Re: Mendocino Triple Junction

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Since I’ve been following things seismic for a couple of decades, I’ll go on record with a hunch……

Cascadia is ripe! And so is the San Andreas!
    Either fault could trigger the other…..Then again there is that pesky Mendcino triple junction playing the spoiler.
    You're really going out on a limb with that one, bro!
    Ephesians 5:18 (New King James Version)

18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

I Come To The Garden Alone Hymn

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
    And He tells me I am His own;
    And the joy we share as we tarry there,
    None other has ever known.

Yeah....a broken clock is right twice daily
    Consider the words of Omar M. Ahmad, founder of CAIR: "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant." ... "The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America , and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."

Is that one that kicked off a 5.9 off the Oregon coast related to San Andreas?
    WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY HILLTOPPERS: 45 basketball conference championships, third-most in NCAA history. 43 seasons with 20+ wins, sixth-most in NCAA history. 38 All-Americans, 37 national post-season appearances, 23 NCAA Tournament berths. 14th in NCAA history in all-time wins. 8th in NCAA history in all-time winning percentage. 2002 NCAA Division 1AA National Football Champions, 2012 Little Caesar's Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by WKUHilltopper View Post
    Is that one that kicked off a 5.9 off the Oregon coast related to San Andreas?
    I believe it could be, Hilltopper. The San Andreas does travel off the coast of Oregon and Washington, but we'll need to wait for the quake Guru to weigh in for a definitive answer.

18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

WKU - Epicenter of the quake was 271 miles west of Coos Bay. Not likely to be related. My In-Laws live there. I'll get a call back later on.

WKU - Epicenter of the quake was 271 miles west of Coos Bay. Not likely to be related. My In-Laws live there. I'll get a call back later on.
    OK...thanks. I keep thinking early this morning, I heard the weather channel talking about a "shaker" early today in Baja California. I don't know if I dreamed this (because it was "BC"--Before Coffee) or what.
    WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY HILLTOPPERS: 45 basketball conference championships, third-most in NCAA history. 43 seasons with 20+ wins, sixth-most in NCAA history. 38 All-Americans, 37 national post-season appearances, 23 NCAA Tournament berths. 14th in NCAA history in all-time wins. 8th in NCAA history in all-time winning percentage. 2002 NCAA Division 1AA National Football Champions, 2012 Little Caesar's Bowl

Responses of felt effects in coastal Oregon

M5.9 – Off the Coast of Oregon

WKU - You function quite well in caffeine deficit.

Looks like 3 in the last 24hrs in the Mag 4 range

A new link to me... very nice...

Real-time Earthquake Map

6.9 Santa Isabel, Mexico 2012-04-12 07:15:48 28.790°N 113.142°W 10.3

WKU - You function quite well in caffeine deficit.

Looks like 3 in the last 24hrs in the Mag 4 range

A new link to me... very nice...

Real-time Earthquake Map

6.9 Santa Isabel, Mexico 2012-04-12 07:15:48 28.790°N 113.142°W 10.3

Interesting info and link. I see where OK had another one a couple of days ago. I keep wondering if and when we get ours thanks to New Madrid.

Bro, is that all of the San Andreas Fault? I vaguely remember reading somewhere, sometime ago (pretty definite, huh?), that it went out to sea and generally continued north to the Oregon and Washington area.

I could be mistaken, or just wrong.

Thread Information