Wavelength Division Multiplexing Quantum Theory - WOW!
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By mikhen7
  • 2 Post By Carl
  • 1 Post By SonSeeker
  • 2 Post By mattfivefour
  • 2 Post By Carl
  • 3 Post By FaithInChrist
  • 1 Post By mattfivefour
  • 1 Post By Sean Osborne

Thread: Wavelength Division Multiplexing Quantum Theory - WOW!

Bookmark and Share
    mikhen7 is online now Free In Christ

Default Wavelength Division Multiplexing Quantum Theory - WOW!

This is some interesting stuff. The article is sort of a testimonial to one who became a Christian concerning his life prior to that.

For those who are not real technically saavy, I will explain in simple terms the article below. Then you must read it. All of us are familiar with optic fibers. You see them at Christmas time as fiber strings with light emanating from the ends, usually changing colors, and even in automobiles. That little light that shows you where to stick your keys for instance in some cases is an optic fiber making light travel. Extra not in article ---> Optic fibers are a Creation of God. Polar Bears can live up north and camouflage with the snow because their hair strands are optic fiber like (They are not optic fibers). They collect the light from the Sun and it travels down through hollow tube strands refracting light making their hair appear white in color, it is actually transparent. Can someone say our God is a pretty technically saavy God? The tele communications and Broadband industry has been using Fiber or Optic Fiber for years now to transmit signals. This is more efficient than regular copper cables and allows for faster speeds. These signals travel at light speed. The article is saying they have come up with a way to split the signals into different frequencies that allow thousands of different signals to travel through on fiber without collision. The photo is a graphical representation of this. But the final part of the article is pretty wild. They are experimenting with "Quantum noise". The more splits in the fiber the louder the noise they make as they travel. Similar to the hum you may hear in a transformer. They are now capturing the noise, converting it to binary language and then interpreting it. I will let you read the article for their findings. When the next update is posted I will add to to another thread. All I can say is this:

(I risk taking these passages out of context but they came to my mind while I was reading the article, only because of the speed in which the Lord will answer those who seek Him in prayer during the Millennium to come. The language verse stands on its own.)

Isaiah 65:23-25 (NKJV) MILLENNIAL PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    23 They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD, And their offspring with them. 24 "It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain," Says the LORD.

Zephaniah 3:9 (NKJV)
    9 "For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language, That they all may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him with one accord.
    What am I saying? Well, the speed of knowledge increasing Dan. 12:4 is mind-boggling. What does the article suggest ...read to find out. (IMO I think it is just wildly interesting and no more at the moment)

Wavelength Division Multiplexing Quantum Theory Wavelength Division Multiplexing - Quantum Communication

A wandering junkie discovers something crazy at the heart of Wavelength Division Multiplexing...

I finally got a job that lasted more than three weeks. I was a basic hack (janitor, really) in the PMI clean room. I sometimes stayed late to get in on some pizza and maybe score something better. I was fascinated with the optics guys in the lab – These geeks were SMART! They looked for any opportunity to push the after-hours envelope. Actually, they were pretty hip geeks. They played a lot of Led Zeppelin while working with what they called, next generation “Wavelength Division Multiplexing” technology.

Side note – This is what I learned:
    Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) is a technology where the optical transmission spectrum in fiber optic telecommunications systems is carved up into a number of non-overlapping wavelengths. Each wavelength (frequency) supports a single communication channel. Light spectrums can be divided again and again (theoretically on an infinite basis), thus allowing multiple WDM channels to coexist on a single optical fiber.

If you need more channels for an ever-expanding telecommunications and Internet world, you just divide the existing channels again and again, without adding any more fiber to the worldwide infrastructure. That way, telecom companies are only adding laser transmitters, receivers, and electronics to the existing fiber optic network.
    Makes fantastic business sense, huhhh?!

Wavelength Division Multiplexing – Quantum Noise

Of course, the theoretical notion of unlimited Wavelength Division Multiplexing is limited to the practical realities of commercializing these quantum architectures and algorithms. This is where PMI comes in... This place was very successful in commercializing and automating the tiny optical gizmos that made next-generation WDM laser systems feasible. That was, until the bottom dropped out on the whole market!

As the dust settled from the tech blow-up, analysts determined that we had plenty of "dark fiber" throughout the world. It seems that demand won't require these types of cutting-edge systems for a number of years. Thus, many of these cool technologies were shelved based on the business realities of the next couple of decades.

Our boys worked in the realm of the unseen... An area where highways of information can only be seen through mathematical representations on a computer monitor... It was their job to develop the tiny optical assemblies that would harness this unseen world and make it commercially practicable to work with.

One of these gizmos is a tiny optical sandwich (1mm cylindrical housing) containing specialized garnets, crystals, glasses and magnets -- it's called an isolator... This gizmo allows light pulses from a transmitting laser to travel one direction through the sandwich into the fiber, but blocks all other optical noise from entering the laser from the other direction... These guys were working with mathematical depictions of tighter and tighter frequencies within a WDM world and trying to "isolate" these "new" frequencies for commercial use...

Wavelength Division Multiplexing – Quantum Communication

OK, back to that crazy evening in November 1998. I was still in my “dark period” and getting a bit too high way too often. However, I can’t chock-up what I saw to any type of induced delusion – This was very cool!

That night, with pizza and Mountain Dew, my geek buddies were driving deeper and deeper into multiplexed frequency ranges, way beyond any commercial applications. It was just for fun… And they egged each other on… And then they “saw” it -- The monitors lit up with a bunch of crazy jibberish – off-the-charts “noise” in a totally unused spectrum. They were really pumped! I didn’t know what it meant, but they invited me into their world and tried to explain…

Although it looked like a bunch of jiggly lines on a few computers, they explained that the corresponding numbers showed that the spectral noise had an ordered specificity to it – It was some kind of digital language in a frequency realm that nobody would even care to visit, or have the commercialized technology to be there. Only a handful of photonics geeks in the world would even know how to “see” this quantum space, and on a very small, and limited basis.

Seriously, what did this mean? In a nutshell, they told me that a whole bunch of data transmitters and receivers were using an unknown (and “unavailable”) frequency to somehow communicate on a mass basis.

By the next morning, four guys at PMI were buzzing… They had tapped into an unknown world of "quantum noise" – Better described as “quantum communication.” One guy, Les, was a bit freaked out… Although the guys joked that they tapped into some sort of “black ops” frequency, Les thought of something even more profound…
    The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. (Ephesians 6:18)
    Just think… Les truly thought that four guys in the PMI lab had stumbled upon the quantum realm of prayer – a bi-directional, quantum frequency filled with millions of telepathic conversations at any given time. Is that crazy, or what?! Deep in the untapped realm of Wavelength Division Multiplexing, Les really thought they had discovered the quantum physics underlying prayer!

Stay tuned… Les actually created a program to decipher the numeric-based complexity in the quantum language… He said it wasn’t too difficult -- His computer crunched the numbers and started producing graphical representations that looked something like ancient Hebrew!

Zeke
    Last edited by mikhen7; April-11th-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: clarification
    In Christ,

Daniel 12:3 (New King James Version)

Those who are wise shall shine
    Like the brightness of the firmament,
    And those who turn many to righteousness
    Like the stars forever and ever.
    www.truthinspires.com

“There must be something in books, things we can't imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house.” Fahrenheit 451

“There must be something in the book, something the world can't imagine, to make a Christian willing to die for it.” --> There is...Jesus!

Carl is offline Citizen

Default Re: Wavelength Division Multiplexing Quantum Theory - WOW!

Thank you for the interesting post. So now they are doing with fiber optics what they did with radio . Tune your radio and get a different station. Yet all the stations are transmitting through the air we breath. So they have now figured out how to tune a light source to a more select color. Amazing

Can't wait for the next installment. Praise the Lord
    mattfivefour and SonSeeker like this.
    Don't jump at me I'm no conclusion

SonSeeker is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Thank you for the interesting post. So now they are doing with fiber optics what they did with radio . Tune your radio and get a different station. Yet all the stations are transmitting through the air we breath. So they have now figured out how to tune a light source to a more select color. Amazing

Can't wait for the next installment. Praise the Lord
    That sounds like a good analogy, Carl. Although, continuing with your analogy, what I'm getting from this is they've also figured out how to pack more and more radio stations into the available bandwidth. Fascinating.

Thanks Mike, for the great article!
    mattfivefour likes this.
    Ephesians 5:18 (New King James Version)

18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

I Come To The Garden Alone Hymn

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
    And He tells me I am His own;
    And the joy we share as we tarry there,
    None other has ever known.

You guys are correct. What they can do with this technology will be amazing. I was sharing this with a fried of mine just a moment ago. While I was explaining it he said it reminds me of ...you guessed it, Isaiah 65:23-25 (NKJV) MILLENNIAL PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
    23 They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble; For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD, And their offspring with them. 24 "It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain," Says the LORD.

The same verse I quoted above. We laughed as we discussed how mankind is constantly trying to gain on God's wisdom by unraveling His natural laws. In this case, we wondered how they would be able to replicate God's ability to answer our prayers before we even speak them!! Personally, I have seen the Lord do this in my own life many times when I was about to pray for something and the answer came through a knock on the door, a friend, or a phone call. God is so amazing!! I absolutely cannot wait to enjoy the Millennium with Him and you all!! If we love to serve Him here just think how much more we love to serve Him there and then!!!!!!!!!

4 From of old we have not heard, neither have our eyes seen a God beside thee, and thy works which thou wilt perform to them that wait for mercy. LXX Is. 64:4

For since the beginning of the world
    Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear,
    Nor has the eye seen any God besides You,
    Who acts for the one who waits for Him. NKJV Is. 64:4

Praise God
    In Christ,

www.truthinspires.com

“There must be something in books, things we can't imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house.” Fahrenheit 451

“There must be something in the book, something the world can't imagine, to make a Christian willing to die for it.” --> There is...Jesus!

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

\o/ Awesome, bro! Your comments about the swiftness of prayer and answer immediately brought to mind Daniel 9:23a: "At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth ...." In other words, the second Daniel BEGAN to pray God commanded the answer! God KNEW the prayer before it was uttered!
    mikhen7 and IamPJ like this.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Carl is offline Citizen

And the verse I thought of is: 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
    Dan 12:4 (KJV)
    mattfivefour and mikhen7 like this.
    Don't jump at me I'm no conclusion

Seriously, what did this mean? In a nutshell, they told me that a whole bunch of data transmitters and receivers were using an unknown (and “unavailable”) frequency to somehow communicate on a mass basis.
    One of those "bunch" is me and another is my Lord. This is amazing, gave me goosebumps and a comfort in my soul. I know God is listening, and answering, now I can imagine my prayers flying to heaven on this invisible fiber (only one is necessary do to the infinite possible divisions ;) ).

The fact that the computer translated this signal into something resembling ancient Hebrew is what gave me the goosebumps.

readyforhome is offline Citizen

Now this reminds me of something a guy I used to work with told me one time. He was talking about how at the beginning of the computer age all of the big minds were typing commands into the main frames that they had and asking it what the answer(s) to all the World's probems would be. He claimed that they kept getting a strange combination of letters and numbers that made no sense. But when they looked at the same image in a mirror across from the screen it was on it spelled out Jesus. I have no way to verify any of this, and it was the only time I had ever heard this. but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by readyforhome View Post
    Now this reminds me of something a guy I used to work with told me one time. He was talking about how at the beginning of the computer age all of the big minds were typing commands into the main frames that they had and asking it what the answer(s) to all the World's probems would be. He claimed that they kept getting a strange combination of letters and numbers that made no sense. But when they looked at the same image in a mirror across from the screen it was on it spelled out Jesus. I have no way to verify any of this, and it was the only time I had ever heard this. but who knows?
    Interesting. I think I heard that somewhere as well. But what would that serve? Probably a fluke.
    In Christ,

www.truthinspires.com

GlennO is offline Citizen

How deep does the rabbit hole go?

UC Davis seems active in the concept....

Pictures help

https://www.google.com/search?q=wave...w=1066&bih=568
    Consider the words of Omar M. Ahmad, founder of CAIR: "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant." ... "The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America , and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

OK, now my brain is hurting ... really, really bad!
    mikhen7 likes this.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Sean Osborne is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    I'm not sure deep is the right metaphor. But one might think there is a limit to how dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) can get before there are no more discrete wavelengths to utilize. One would think there has to be a finite number of them because we haven't yet figured out how to 'manufacture' additional nanometers in a given DWDM band or utilize less than 100GHz spacing between the waves. Given enough time DARPA will get that done however.
    mikhen7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post

UC Davis seems active in the concept....

Pictures help

https://www.google.com/search?q=wave...w=1066&bih=568
    Welcome to my other world!! This pic has been the background on my laptop at work for some time:
    In Christ,

www.truthinspires.com

Thread Information