FreedomInChrist is offline Jr. Member

Default Breaking: Earthquakes in Mexico and Indonesia today

7.6 earthquake in Mexico today

Magnitude 7.6 - OAXACA, MEXICO

6.2 in Indonesia today:

GEOFON Program GFZ Potsdam :: gfz2012fpsg

Forgiven is offline Citizen

Default Re: Breaking: Earthquakes in Mexico and Indonesia today

The Obama girls are enjoying their Spring Break nearby...

The original news articles were scrubbed from the internet, so this should suffice as a source:

Why Is the Story About Malia Obama Vacationing in Mexico Disappearing from the Web? - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by Forgiven; March-20th-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: too much coffee today - sorry.

micah719 is offline an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40

Great example....surely a no-frills, inexpensive vacation. NOT

Send that whole clan to Africa, Mexico, Indonesia...who cares, as long as it is a one-way ticket, economy. Passports confiscated on arrival. Don't come back. We don't want to hear about or from you ever again.
    Duncanmc likes this.

OliveOilMom is offline Resident

Quote Originally Posted by micah719 View Post
    Great example....surely a no-frills, inexpensive vacation. NOT

Send that whole clan to Africa, Mexico, Indonesia...who cares, as long as it is a one-way ticket, economy. Passports confiscated on arrival. Don't come back. We don't want to hear about or from you ever again.
    I don't begrudge any president's family the opportunity to get away and relax. Of course anywhere they go it will be expensive and require lots of effort and secret service guys. Being the president has to be a difficult job for the president, but it's got to be really hard on his kids because unlike a spouse, kids aren't as invested in the job. I feel sorry for any presidents kids while they are in office. Helf the country just loves their father and the other half just hates him. They are always "on", everything is watched and reported on, they don't really get a regular childhood at all. Everybody acts like they are fair game, just like the adults involved. Remember when Wayne and Garth talked about how "ugly" Chelsea Clinton was and how "hot" the Gore daughters were? That's gotta be tough on kids. Obama's kids are no different. Even though their father lied to the entire country to get elected, and he's not protecting us well (in my opinion), I don't think the kids did anything wrong and I think they deserve a break, even though the only way for them to get a decent break is really expensive. A Christian president would be hated just as bad and his kids would deserve just as much of a break as Obama's kids do.

I think the kids need to be left out of politics until they are grown.

caligal is offline Citizen

The short article I read said the cell phone lines are down in that area because of the quake. The WH must be going nuts, unless they have another means of communicating back and forth. The girls aren't responsible for what their commie pinko dad does, so praying for them.

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    The short article I read said the cell phone lines are down in that area because of the quake. The WH must be going nuts, unless they have another means of communicating back and forth. The girls aren't responsible for what their commie pinko dad does, so praying for them.
    I'm sure they have a way to keep in touch. Probably satellite communications or some such. The girls were probably taken out of there as soon as the earthquake hit.

I believe my post made it quite clear a complete lack of further mention of anything Obama would be just fine. As an improvement, let me express the sentiment that Mamabama and the Babybamas were NOT elected and therefore should be left out of the picture. I thought the American Republic had foresworn aristocracy and dynasties and nepotism and er...... Hmmmm. Something went wrong somewhere, didn't it? How come your latest carrier is going to be called "USS Bill Clinton" (eeew....what an odious duty post), yet you don't have a "Washington"? (Washington declined such adulation....even made a good speech when he left office.)

As to the necessity of getting a break....how about they vacation IN the country...thereby at least keeping the money at home? Surely it must be safer at home? Oops, thats right, it ISN'T safe; and not because Papabama has been doing a good job and stepping on toes that need stepping on, he does the very opposite. Nevertheless, it's his toes only that should be stepped on, not those of his family, if toe-stepping is in order.

A Christian stands next to no chance of becoming President....he wouldn't play the dirty games necessary to get there. The People wouldn't stand for it, and neither would the real electors. If a president was born-again in office, this would show....and he would be removed. RAPIDLY.

SonSeeker is offline Citizen

Default 7.6 quake near Mexico City

MEXICO CITY Developing: A strong, long 7.6-magnitude earthquake with an epicenter in Guerrero state on Tuesday, followed by an aftershock that shook central southern Mexico, swayed buildings in Mexico City and sent frightened workers and residents into the streets.
    The U.S. Geological Survey set the intensity of the first quake at 7.6 and said the epicenter was 11 miles underground and was felt strongly in Oaxaca. Mexico's National Seismological Survey said the tremblor had an epicenter southwest of Ometepec in Guerrero state.
    Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard's Twitter account said the water system and other "strategic services" were not experiencing problems and no damage was reported in the central or northern zones of the city.
    But frightened workers and residents poured into the streets of the capital just minutes after noon local time (18:02 GMT).
    President Felipe Calderon said there were no immediate reports of damage through his Twitter account. Telephone service was down in the city and throughout the area where the quake was felt.
    "I have problems with pressure, I felt I was going to faint," said Rosa Maria Lopez Velazquez, 62, outside a mall in Mexico City.
    The quake was felt in southern Oaxaca state next to the epicenter in Guerrero.
    "It was very strong, but we didn't see anything fall," said Irma Ortiz, who runs a guesthouse in Oaxaca. She said their telephones are down, and that the quake shook them side-to-side.
    Ephesians 5:18 (New King James Version)

18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

I Come To The Garden Alone Hymn

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
    And He tells me I am His own;
    And the joy we share as we tarry there,
    None other has ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by micah719 View Post
    I believe my post made it quite clear a complete lack of further mention of anything Obama would be just fine.
    Won't mention them again.

SonSeeker is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by OliveOilMom View Post
    It's ok. Micah gets this way occasionally. Once he gets his meds and a nap, he'll be just fine.
    Ephesians 5:18 (New King James Version)

18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

I Come To The Garden Alone Hymn

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
    And He tells me I am His own;
    And the joy we share as we tarry there,
    None other has ever known.

Robert is offline Citizen

feel free to speak your mind here, OliveOilMom. :) We're all here to fellowship and enjoy each others' company, love and warmth. And of course, to praise the Lord and worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Now, if Micah doesn't want anyone to mention Obama, then we of course won't mention Obama. We will not say one word about Barry Sorento AKA Barrack Obama, nor will we even think about Obama. Nope, no Obama here!!! Obama will be kindly left out of the conversation and we won't even think any thoughts concerning President Obama. It's all "Nobama" from here on out, and the Obama train will stop here, with not a single brain cell even considering the possibility of Obama. Yup, Obama will be erased from discussions and mention in these parts....

mattfivefour is online now Super Moderator

-------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

israelmybeloved is offline One of God's Beloved

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    feel free to speak your mind here, OliveOilMom. :) We're all here to fellowship and enjoy each others' company, love and warmth. And of course, to praise the Lord and worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Now, if Micah doesn't want anyone to mention Obama, then we of course won't mention Obama. We will not say one word about Barry Sorento AKA Barrack Obama, nor will we even think about Obama. Nope, no Obama here!!! Obama will be kindly left out of the conversation and we won't even think any thoughts concerning President Obama. It's all "Nobama" from here on out, and the Obama train will stop here, with not a single brain cell eve considering the possibility of Obama. Yup, Obama will be erased from discussions and mention in these parts....

Marilyn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    He must increase, I must decrease. John 3: 30

Thank you, Robert! Have a cheeseburger!

I was referring to the media-hype over presidents' families in general, and the odious obamas particularly. It was the phenomenon of the babybamas' Mexican Earthquake Vacation being scrubbed from Mintruth's public files that prompted me to rejoice that less pixels and ink and eye-time were being wasted. Thank you for your constructive input and for rectifying this deficiency.

Of course Olive can speak her mind, as can you and I.

Olive....sorry, didn't mean to offend you, please forgive me. Feel free to speak of your president and anything else at will, though if you have any control over the mass media, please give them a firm tug on the leash.

Betty is offline Citizen

This is my take on the situation. I live in Texas. Our Governor recommended that Texans not spend their spring break in Mexico because there is so much violence in Mexico. The White House was not happy about this and said so. The President sends his daughter to Mexico to prove Mexico is safe. Of course she is safe from crime because she has a slew of FBI people to protect her unlike your average College student on vacation. God has the last laugh and proves that some things the FBI can't protect people from. This said I pray she is okay. But the President should stop trying to make it look like the average person on vacation in Mexico is safe. Do some research and you will see the violence in Mexico is so bad it is spilling over into Texas.
    betty
    2: Hugs and :prayer Prayers
    Betty Lou:

I'm going to sound really stupid by asking this, but I don't watch much news. When did they say that and what parts of Mexico? Are they including the "touristy" parts like Cozumel and Cancun, or are they talking about real Mexico like where the drugs and cactus is? I'm asking because my older daughter went there on a cruise recently. They went to Mexico, Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. I'm wondering if they include those parts because it's all tourists, or if maybe cruise ships just ignore that stuff, or if this happened after her cruise.

I sort of halfway think we should just annex Mexico and then we could collect taxes, tourist dollars, enforce better law, and do away with most of the illegal alien problems. Then again, I don't know much about that, but it sounds good.

I'm sure they have a way to keep in touch. Probably satellite communications or some such. The girls were probably taken out of there as soon as the earthquake hit.
    I am sure she and the brigade that came with her were flown to safety as soon as possible. Who knows, Obama might go tour and show his sympathy for the victims. Got to keep those votes, especially since no proof is citizenship is required to vote. Wait that's a different topic.

I pray for all the victims of both earthquakes. It is usually the very poor that are left trying to pick up the pieces after a disaster like this. I pray they are all okay, both physically and emotionally.

I'm going to sound really stupid by asking this, but I don't watch much news. When did they say that and what parts of Mexico? Are they including the "touristy" parts like Cozumel and Cancun, or are they talking about real Mexico like where the drugs and cactus is? I'm asking because my older daughter went there on a cruise recently. They went to Mexico, Jamaica and the Cayman Islands. I'm wondering if they include those parts because it's all tourists, or if maybe cruise ships just ignore that stuff, or if this happened after her cruise.

I sort of halfway think we should just annex Mexico and then we could collect taxes, tourist dollars, enforce better law, and do away with most of the illegal alien problems. Then again, I don't know much about that, but it sounds good.
    My thanks to the op on the quake info. Been out all day and hadn't heard any news on this.

OOM- Boarder towns to the U.S. seem to be the biggest hazzards. It's been a few years since we've been down there, I enjoy Cabo myself but I don't see us returning to Mexico anytime soon. My wife has traveled by car through the heart of Mexico when she was younger and I've heard some scary stories. The tourist areas I've seen you have to watch out more for timeshare huksters, kids selling candy, and stores full of knock-off merchandise. Went to a McDonalds there and thought a Big Mac would be like 2 cents and it was 6 bucks Oh, and some of the tourists are the one's you have to watch out for. Cruises seem to be dangerous too now, between running into shore, food poisoning, excessive tip requests and other mayhem I think I'll stick to ground travel for awhile.

On a more serious note, it's sad what is happening in Mexico. Like many other places around the world thugs, drug lords, and just plain evil is becoming a normal way of life that people are forced to deal with. All the more reason to try and reach as many as we can with the Gospel and share the hope that can only be found in Christ Jesus.

Isn't Mexico where the weed comes from? I seriously doubt that any of those weed growers in Mexico even noticed that it was a real earthquake and not just imagination.

LivnForChrist is offline Jesus Christ is Lord

Isn't Mexico where the weed comes from? I seriously doubt that any of those weed growers in Mexico even noticed that it was a real earthquake and not just imagination.

Thread Information