Rat brain robot

Thread: Rat brain robot

Bookmark and Share

Default Rat brain robot

I don't know if this has ever been shared before, I did a search and didn't come up with anything so I posted it.

It definitely puts a new and evil twist on stem cell research.

This is just so wrong and freaky.

micah719 is offline an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40

Default Re: Rat brain robot

Oh, this is old hat. Years, ago, I invented a mouse-brain robot. The first snag came when my concurrent invention (the cat-brain robot) ate the mouse-brain robot. Further setbacks came when my new dog-brain robot managed to destroy the cat-brain robot, but then crashed into a parked car and self-destructed. Out of the ruins I built a pea-brain robot, which I am sad to reveal ran for public office and won in a landslide, and is now supplying grants to mad scientists to invent scary and unethical new technology.

Seriously now.....could this line of research have some future application with an image of a man that can speak and cause to be put to death all those that refuse to worship it and its inspiration? Whatever, this is weird and wrong, kind of like Dr Moreau.

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

This is a real thing. It was first reported about 4 years ago. Today there is quite a bit of information on it in the scientific community. Rat brain cells are harvested and cultured to make them multiply, then those cells are used to control the robot. The cells last a maximum of three months before they die. Apparently all residual "memory" dies with them. Now there are companies that have been formed to make money by supplying these neural cells!

The entire matter of blurring the line between living organisms and mechanical devices raises serious ethical questions (not the least of which is the concept of "consciousness" on the part of the cells used.) There are a few scientific papers already that explore these questions.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

It is rather disturbing, especially since it is an ongoing project 4+ years old. My daughter said this was brought up in her philosophy class and when she showed me the video I was stunned.

Thread Information