• 4 Post By Chris
  • 4 Post By Blinkofani7
  • 5 Post By mattfivefour
  • 3 Post By daygo

Thread: 2 thess 2

Bookmark and Share
    Vic25 is offline Resident

Default 2 thess 2

I find it difficult to explain this verse to people during discussions about the rapture

2 Thessalonians 2

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

does this verse mean that only after the antichrist is revealed the rapture occurs.
    does it take away the imminency of the rapture ?
    I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord Philippians 3:8

Chris is offline Administrator

Default Re: 2 thess 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vic25 View Post
    I find it difficult to explain this verse to people during discussions about the rapture

2 Thessalonians 2

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

does this verse mean that only after the antichrist is revealed the rapture occurs.
    Hi,
    You might find this article helpful:

The Rapture in 2 Thessalonians 2:3

There are also a ton of articles at this link for other questions about the rapture as well:

The Rapture of the Church

But to answer your question, I don't think the "church" will be here to see the revealing of the Antichrist. When the rapture happens, every single believer in Jesus will be gone as the rapture happens. After the rapture happens, some people will begin to be able to piece together what has happened. Others will will be deceived and explain away the rapture. The restrainer will have been removed at that time. Then evil will have a free reign so to speak. Then the Antichrist will arise and confirm a "covenant" with Israel for 7 years which will start the tribulation period.

There are actually two revealings of the Antichrist. One to the newfound believers after the rapture and one to the Jews (Israel). The 2 Thess. 2 revealing is after the rapture before the Day of the Lord (7 year tribulation period).

The second revealing is to the Jews who see the Antichrist standing in the 3rd Temple committing the Abomination of Desolation. Then they will flee to the place prepared for them.

As for imminency, the doctrine is still in effect. There are some articles such as this one on our "rapture" page on the main site that will help you:

What Is Imminency? The Rapture of the Church is an Emminent Event

But we have everything you could ever want to know about the rapture here:

The Rapture of the Church

I hope that helps?

God bless.

Blinkofani7 is offline New Member!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic25 View Post

2 Thessalonians 2

Antichrist will not be revealed until after the restraining influence (Holy Spirit living in saved Christians) is taken out (rapture).

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkofani7 View Post
    Antichrist will not be revealed until after the restraining influence (Holy Spirit living in saved Christians) is taken out (rapture).
    I believe this to be absolutely correct. For just a few verses later in 2 Thessalonians 2 we find:"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way." (2 Thessalonians 2:7 NASB)
    AndyM, RandallB, Arlo and 2 others like this.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

SkyRider is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by mattfivefour View Post
    I believe this to be absolutely correct. For just a few verses later in 2 Thessalonians 2 we find:"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way." (2 Thessalonians 2:7 NASB)
    Matt,

You cited a couple of days ago (at least I think it was you) a teaching from Jacob Prasch on whatever the discussion was about in the thread you were responding to, and I've come to enjoy his teachings also. I've been listening to his weekly hour long audio presentations on the RR website for about a year or so, and really enjoy his Jewish perspective on biblical issues. I also like the fact that he doesn't pull any punches on those people or groups teaching and believing in false doctrine. I'll be listening to his last night's recording in about an hour or so.

But anyway, he was speaking on something a couple of months ago, and he actually pointed to the passages being discussed in this thread as proof against a pre-Trib Rapture. Unfortunately, he didn't elaborate, but just kind of mentioned it as an aside. I think the guy is pretty solid, but I don't agree with his assessment that it refutes a Rapture before the appearing of the antichrist.

I'll have to send him an e-mail regarding why he feels that way or at least do a search of his archives to see if he has a lengthier reasoning behind his view on the subject.

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

Yes, Prasch and most of the people at Moriel Ministries believe that the rapture occurs between the 6th and 7th seals. They call their position "Intra-Trib".
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

daygo is offline Citizen

Exclamation Re: 2 thess 2

Quote Originally Posted by mattfivefour View Post
    Yes, Prasch and most of the people at Moriel Ministries believe that the rapture occurs between the 6th and 7th seals. They call their position "Intra-Trib".
    Not yet another viewpoint of the tribulation, makes you want to be sick. Why can`t people do a thorough search and bible study and come to know the truth.

Thread Information