Demons taking over?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Demons taking over?

Bookmark and Share
    UCT
    UCT is offline Citizen

Default Demons taking over?

Most of us are aware of Beyonce saying she has "another side" of herself that comes out when she is onstage. I have recently encountered seemingly regular people (one girl I work with) who has a name for her "bad side". When she is acting like a Christian, she is herself. When she begins cursing, gossiping or flat out being mean to people, she claims it is this "other person" that has taken over. This is becoming incrasingly common from my understanding. Are we now a society that blames "another side of us" did the bad things and now ourselves? Is this some sort of demonic influence? I'm perplexed by this, but from what I've seen, I beileve it to be demonic in nature. I have a feeling this will get worse as time goes on. No need to ask for forgiveness if it wasn't "you" who is committing the crimes/sins..... Scary.

frankthomson is offline Resident

Default Re: Demons taking over?

sounds right. the world is getting MORE out of control. seems like people NEVER take any responsibility. maybe it is an alter ego?
    THAT is scary. Protect us Jesus. Amen.

and its seeming lately that im having to do everybody elses job. like, they only do 95%(or less) of their job.
    it a fallen world. ugg.
    Please check out my new song, *The Will OF Heaven*, on youtube>> http://youtu.be/Buya2j06WwU

Jacob Zamora is offline Citizen

But know this: Difficult times will come in the last days. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, without love for what is good, traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to the form of godliness but denying its power. Avoid these people! For among them are those who worm their way into households and capture idle women burdened down with sins, led along by a variety of passions, always learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. (2 Timothy 3:1-7 HCSB)

SimplyJulie is offline Nearer My God to Thee

"The devil made me do it" is a phrase that is very old. The little angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other have been depicted in cartoons, movies and books. The "monkey on my back" is another way of describing a personal demon.

This new generation is merely giving their personal demons cute names and embracing them more fully as a part of themselves. They even laugh and seem to glory in the actions of these demonic influences..not a bit like they were ashamed to have such evil as part of their persons.

They gave "house room" to the devil in their minds and have lovingly furnished the house and gave it a quaint little name.

27 Neither give place to the devil.Eph. 4:27

Imagine what it will be like when the Restrainer no longer restrains and the salt and the light have gone from the Earth?

UCT
    UCT is offline Citizen

That's a scary thought Julie. I believe after the Rapture, things will be unrecognizable from that point on. People are actually laughing about their "alter ego" and it's quite disturbing.

Another disturbing trend I've seen pertains to yoga. A lot of friends I have that work out also do yoga for the flexibility. They "channel" a nothingness that supposedly brings them peace. The only peace I am aware of is Christ Jesus. Any other form is demonic.
    LivnForChrist, Lynn, anath and 8 others like this.

Lily is offline Looking Up

Quote Originally Posted by UCT View Post
    That's a scary thought Julie. I believe after the Rapture, things will be unrecognizable from that point on. People are actually laughing about their "alter ego" and it's quite disturbing.

Another disturbing trend I've seen pertains to yoga. A lot of friends I have that work out also do yoga for the flexibility. They "channel" a nothingness that supposedly brings them peace. The only peace I am aware of is Christ Jesus. Any other form is demonic.
    Yoga is not the innocent exercise that it's marketed as. It's been a while since I've read about yoga but I think that "nothingness" is actually a serpent that is channeled. There are stages in yoga and each stage invites the serpent to become more a part of you.

When people do yoga or other mystical activities they invite their demon to have a more active role in their lives. I wouldn't be surprised if the demon is then manifested in various ways through it's host. Still does not remove personal responsibility, I don't believe.
    LivnForChrist, Lynn, anath and 4 others like this.

I tried yoga one time many years ago at the gym where I worked out with a friend after work each day. To be honest? It made us fart! Seriously...we couldn't hold it in! We never went back.

Guess those evil spirits went in one end and right out the other for us two Christian ladies.

Lily is offline Looking Up

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyJulie View Post
    I tried yoga one time many years ago at the gym where I worked out with a friend after work each day. To be honest? It made us fart! Seriously...we couldn't hold it in! We never went back.

Guess those evil spirits went in one end and right out the other for us two Christian ladies.
    Well, that's one way to get you to leave it alone!

Carl is offline Citizen

That is just too funny!
    Don't jump at me I'm no conclusion

Carl is offline Citizen

This was a long time ago and I forget the source, but it indicated that demoniac activity increased significantly prior to and during Christ's time on the earth. That may be what is happening now too. God relaxing His restraint somewhat as a sign that it is getting late.
    Don't jump at me I'm no conclusion

Patiently... is online now Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    This was a long time ago and I forget the source, but it indicated that demoniac activity increased significantly prior to and during Christ's time on the earth. That may be what is happening now too. God relaxing His restraint somewhat as a sign that it is getting late.
    I agree! This thing the New Agers call "energy" is another word for evil and those that worship Satan gather at places in the world that are known to hold and concentrate these evil flows of "energy". Stonehenge, the Mayan pyramids, certain mountains, etc.

Did you all get a good idea of how these people think when you saw the Superbowl half time show? The high priestess made the correct symbols, the correct dance, and then got everyone in the audience to raise their hands in worship, to clap and make the pyramid symbol. All that evil energy, all in one place, all focused toward an evil work.

Then the lights went out. Energy overload. Darkness prevailed...as was the intention all along.

UCT
    UCT is offline Citizen

Rapture Forums needs a greatest threads/comments page. It's not often I laugh out loud at work, but this did it. You aren't the only person I've heard say something like this. Maybe God was giving the potential demon a warning to stay away? Sort of like an alarm? LOL

HisServant is offline Resident

Exclamation Re: Demons taking over?

Oh my! You are too funny!
    Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:37

Or maybe the demon flowed through, found the place already occupied by the Holy Spirit, and exited with a noisy, angry and foul sigh of disappointment?

anath is online now I Love the Lord

The Lord works in mysterious way for sure!

I was a teen when Transcendental Meditation came to the states. TM is a spiritual practice called Yoga which is presented to us as a way of reducing stress and finding peace within.
    This practice is an offshoot of the Hindu religion known as a pagan rite to ritual spiritual cleansing.
    Don't walk, run from it
    Susan

Amazing love! How can it be that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

Kist is offline Citizen

"The Glorious Islamic Nation" The Netherlands

Beyonce is definitely not the only one that says she has another side. Many artists have pretty much claimed the same thing.
    What is worrysome is that, we have completely gone numb to the idea of demonic possession. Even many people in the church today don't believe that it's a part of reality. It was either part of the myth, or it was only back then. I for one have encountered people that I know for sure have been possessed. One thing I also noticed is, how people seem to enjoy that side of themselves. They are lovers of satan, and what he brings into their lives, eventhough it will destroy them. And we have grown so lukewarm to it.

As for Yoga, yeah it's a dangerous thing, and there's a lot of promotion going on for it. Personally I tend to take pamflets down whenever I see them. They had hung them all over my apartment building the other day, I tore them all down. Not going to have people exposed to that demonic stuff.

I think you are right...I've even heard Christians disparage "this demon behind every rock" thinking. Really? Have they even read the Bible and how often they were tossing demons out of people back then? It had even become something that the false prophets were trying to aspire to...until..

And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

Then....

And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Then the church kind of faded away from believing in demons and just relegated all the evil to Satan. They seem embarrassed to talk about demons..like they are some dirty little secret and only crazy people believe in them any longer. The same crazy people who believe in fallen angels being evident and involved in deceiving the world today in the form of UFOs. Crazy talk! Put on your tinfoil hat and go sit in the corner!

vmoon is online now Citizen

I have been to blue letter Bible to search for a passage about a strong man being bound and the house swept clean then seven unclean spirits move in. I know that sounds goofy but if anybody out there can help me I'd appreciate it. Looking some more.

vmoon is online now Citizen

Ok found it.. Matthew 12:29 But it's not what I though it was. I will keep searching.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information