• 1 Post By LivnForChrist
  • 3 Post By mattfivefour
  • 1 Post By araj54
  • 1 Post By Momof3angels

Thread: Sarin Gas and its Effects

Bookmark and Share
    Eyes To Heaven is offline Resident

Default Sarin Gas and its Effects

I thought I would share this with those who don't have military training or just simply don't understand what Sarin gas does to the human body. In the Army, my unit once had to watch a video of a goat in a gas chamber be hit with Sarin gas. The effects are brutal and semi-quick. Gas masks at the time (and probably still) are ineffective against this gas. One quick spurt of the gas via aerosol began to take hold of the goat within seconds. It started convulsing, bleeding from all orifices, and eventually collapsed. But it did not die then. The symptoms continued for several minutes until the goat finally lay still on the floor of the chamber. It was a slow, gruesome, and painful death.

Sarin gas is a nerve agent. It attacks the central nervous system and slowly shuts down bodily function. It is absorbed through inhalation and skin. One drop is enough to kill once again. If you were caught in an affected area but still only encountered minimal exposure somehow, you would still suffer life long mental disability from Sarin. There is no "escaping" the agent.

If it is used in Syria or elsewhere in the way that the media is describing due to Assad's large stockpile, hundreds of thousands (AT LEASt) will meet a grizzly end.

This exposition is nasty and disheartening I know. You should all be aware though.

TruthBJesus is offline Citizen

Default Re: Sarin Gas and its Effects

RandallB likes this.
    For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
    (Proverbs 2:6)

LivnForChrist is offline Jesus Christ is Lord

RandallB likes this.

Joe B is offline Citizen

Can I ask if bombing the stocks would destroy it or would it still release the gas or some of it into the atmoshere?

mikhen7 is offline Free In Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes To Heaven View Post
    I thought I would share this with those who don't have military training or just simply don't understand what Sarin gas does to the human body. In the Army, my unit once had to watch a video of a goat in a gas chamber be hit with Sarin gas. The effects are brutal and semi-quick. Gas masks at the time (and probably still) are ineffective against this gas. One quick spurt of the gas via aerosol began to take hold of the goat within seconds. It started convulsing, bleeding from all orifices, and eventually collapsed. But it did not die then. The symptoms continued for several minutes until the goat finally lay still on the floor of the chamber. It was a slow, gruesome, and painful death.

Sarin gas is a nerve agent. It attacks the central nervous system and slowly shuts down bodily function. It is absorbed through inhalation and skin. One drop is enough to kill once again. If you were caught in an affected area but still only encountered minimal exposure somehow, you would still suffer life long mental disability from Sarin. There is no "escaping" the agent.

If it is used in Syria or elsewhere in the way that the media is describing due to Assad's large stockpile, hundreds of thousands (AT LEASt) will meet a grizzly end.

This exposition is nasty and disheartening I know. You should all be aware though.
    Exactly, that is why I said in another thread I do not want to see the pictures... at all! May God open this mans eyes. 8 year vet, seen the effects--do not need to see them again.
    In Christ,

Daniel 12:3 (New King James Version)

Those who are wise shall shine
    Like the brightness of the firmament,
    And those who turn many to righteousness
    Like the stars forever and ever.
    www.truthinspires.com

Hannah is offline Citizen

Yes I knew what that Sarin gas was a nerve gas.

Yes it is a brutal way to die.

for the mercy of the Lord, amen.

mattfivefour is online now Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    Can I ask if bombing the stocks would destroy it or would it still release the gas or some of it into the atmoshere?
    Sorry, Joe. I actually wrote a response to this right after you posted it but I guess I did not post my answer!

The answer is that Sarin gas can retain its neurotoxicity up to 2 months. But contact with water or any hydroxide will cause it to quickly break down into harmless components. Therefore, if Assad were to use the gas, the major nations could quickly come in and neutralize the gas so it did not spread to neighboring areas or nations. Sadly, that will not prevent horrifying deaths for thousands of Syrians.

_____

(Now, note to self, click on "Submit Reply" when finished and before going off answer something else. )
    Hannah, Joe B and Toothywoofy like this.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Obie is offline Citizen

I did't watch your video....and maybe because I didn't I shouldn't even comment. But, I am anyway. Just the title is offensive.......you want us to see an animal being tortured?! I am greatly offended. And, by the way, we are smart folks here and could have easily understood words used to describe the effects.

I'm miffed and no one try to justify this to me!!
    Miss Ginger

Actually, sis, there was NO video posted. Eyes to Heaven was merely referring to one that they were forced to watch years ago in the military. So Eyes did exactly what you said: described it in words.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Hannah is offline Citizen

Did I miss something. I thought the OP said he was forced to watch a video and there is no link on the post so I assume there is NO Video?

I took the OP saying it was a terrible thing. I agree I don't like to know the details, knowing it was a nerve gas was enough. I have heard the details before today from secular sources. I known young people(non-Christian teenagers and twenty something) who have laughed at the effects because they are desensitised to these things today.

I had to go into detail about what is Sarin gas with my neighbour yesterday who is in her 30s & who thought it wasn't that bad but after I described the type of death that would be suffered she agreed with me no humanbeing should be subjected to that kind of biological weapon.

Unfortunately there are plenty of people out there that see and hear the words Sarin Gas and think "big deal" because they really don't understand what it actually is. Growing up with WW1 and WW2 and Veitnam veterans in my family I was made aware of it over the years. Ver, very sad that some Scientist invented this type of weapon (so much for the nobility of science).

Eyes To Heaven is offline Resident

Closer reading would have revealed that I didn't post a video.

How is the title offensive?

Don't worry about it, it was apparently a misunderstanding.

------ ------ ------

araj54 is online now Citizen

After seeing the horrors that these weapons are capable of during WW1 the world leaders banned biological and chemical weapons. So why were these rogue nations not dealt with before this became a problem? A million dollar question perhaps.
    mattfivefour likes this.

Momof3angels is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes To Heaven View Post

I do appreciate your sharing Eyes to Heaven. You have provided me with a more vivid picture of how serious Sarin gas is and provided even more incentive to pray.

mattfivefour likes this.

Thread Information