From Korn to Christ ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: From Korn to Christ ...

Bookmark and Share
    mattfivefour is online now Super Moderator

Default From Korn to Christ ...

In a thread about Satanic influenced or possessed entertainers on the Prayer and Praise board, I responded with the names of some people the world would have considered lost but who are serving the Lord. Among them are the former lead singer and guitarist for Black Sabbath, Jeff Fenholt; and one of the founders of the Metal band, Korn— Brian "Head" Welch.

Brian's testimony is very powerful in that it gives glory completely and exclusively to Jesus C'hrist. I am posting that testimony here so those who have never heard him will be as blessed as those of us who have.

Jillian, Ort, anath and 11 others like this.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

ShilohRose is offline Citizen

Default Re: From Korn to Christ ...

Wow! This is so awesome!
    mattfivefour likes this.

LivnForChrist is offline Jesus Christ is Lord

I saw his story on television a while back on one of the christian channels. He
    has an awesome testimony.
    mattfivefour likes this.

I have to tell you that it had me in tears at the beauty of Jesus Christ as I heard the story of how He lifted another soul from The Pit to His Presence! \o/ \o/ \o/
    Ort, mikhen7, discdog98 and 3 others like this.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

nillapoet is offline Citizen

His music is way too hard for me, but I've always loved his story. His story on iamsecond dot com is really good.

Oh and he's always posting hilarious stuff on twitter. It's always good to see people that don't take themselves seriously.
    Ort, mattfivefour and mikhen7 like this.

Robert is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by nillapoet View Post
    His music is way too hard for me, but I've always loved his story. His story on iamsecond dot com is really good.

Oh and he's always posting hilarious stuff on twitter. It's always good to see people that don't take themselves seriously.

Yeah; iamsecond.com has the stories of several people who have come to the Lord:

Home - I Am Second

Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

I just looked up the I Am Second site. Pretty cool, thanks for sharing that, Nillapoet.
    Ort likes this.

Ditto, nillapoet. That's a new one on me. Thank you.
    Ort likes this.

------ ------ ------

His testimony made me choke up too. I praise God when people hear the message that He has been waiting for them to hear. We all belong to you Jesus. I see an awakening going on, it seems so many people are waking up to see that God is real and Jesus did die on that cross and did defeat the grave and because of this we are saved.
    Ort, mattfivefour, Meg and 2 others like this.

Kathy_57 is offline Citizen

Watching this awesome testimony brings tears - God can soften the hardest of hearts and draw them unto Himself. As Steven Green sang "People need the Lord"

Speaking of "I am second" There is one couple that did an "I am Second" interview and commercial that live here in North Texas. They were one of the first couples to do the commercial, probably came out in 2008 ish. I they both have blond hair, and in their commerical they talk about how God worked on their relationship, mending a completely broken relationship that had ended in divorce and healing them enough to get married again. Anyway, their daughter, Lauren Scruggs, is the young woman that ran into the airplane propeller and lost a hand and an eye a few months ago in Plano. The beautiful young lady was a fashion editor and a model. She was walking up to the front of the plane to thank the captain for a wonderful flight, when she was hit in the face with the propeller. It was a huge story here in the N. Texas area, but the major story that has come out is the strength the family has through their faith in the Lord. It was a tragic accident and a beautiful young life is forever maimed but she is getting through it with a beauty and grace that only a person that is living life full of Christ could.

uli
    uli is offline Citizen

I'm so glad that this dark thread turned from the dark news to the good news - glorifying Jesus. Let's join Billiefan in his persistant intercession for the people in the entertainment business with renewed fervor. Perhaps there will be more such testimonies such as Korn, Alice Cooper and Fenholt, etc coming out of Hollywood instead of snatching life out of former believers like Whitney and Elvis, and believers who started singing in the church, but were corrupted through fame and fortune and destroyed by drugs etc. Nothing is impossible with God! He desires that none should perish, but all should come to repentance.

Thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus. 2Cor 2:14
    http://byprayerandsupplication.blogspot.com/

Amen, dear sister!

Ort likes this.

------ ------ ------

readyforhome is offline Citizen

I remember when I first read about this, and all I could think was, kewl. It made me happy. I do pray that he could lead others out of the darkness and into the light. I know if that is the Lord's will this will be a saving grace to many.

PraisingHimAlways is offline watching and waiting

wow!!!!!!!!!!!
    (**all poetry posted under this username was written by me, Dee M.**)

Thanks for posting Adrian, that was powerful. I have heard his testimony before but I've never seen that video. Brian Welch seems to understand what so many who attend church their entire lives sometimes don't get, when he said at the end " my purpose on this Earth is to have an intimacy and fellowship with Him..... to let Him fill me with His Spirit so He can do the work of bringing people into the kingdom".
    Thats probably not an exact quote but close. And to that I say Amen!

Yes, Any Minute, you are absolutely right. Brian's ENTIRE answer to the question "Why did God put you on this earth" is the perfect one. That is EXACTLY why God has put each of us here. And that final sentence which you transcribed is its climax in this dispensation. I sensed the Holy Spirit throughout the entire testimony; but when he said that final sentence I shouted, "He's got it!" He has indeed received of Christ's Spirit and knows exactly the purpose of sanctification— as we surrender more and more, the Holy Spirit can possess us more and more, so that the Father can use us to draw more and more people to His Kingdom of His Son.

------ ------ ------

RanYakumo is offline Citizen

I remember reading the book he wrote about his experiences several years ago. Very touching to say the least.
    mattfivefour likes this.

Ducati is offline Citizen

I love that style of music , was a big head banger in my day. I'm glad God set me free like he did Brian...awesome !!!

Jeff Fenholt came to a Church I attended back in '90. When I saw Black Sabbath in concert in the 80's he was there singer , was crazy seeing him in Church, another amazing testomomy. Black Sabbath started out with Ozzy then Ronnie James Deo and Jeff just filled in for a tour, never cut an album with Sabbath.

followerofjesus is offline Slave of Christ

That is an awesome testimony...love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information