The just shall live by faith
Like Tree15Likes
  • 14 Post By froggy
  • 1 Post By araj54

Thread: The just shall live by faith

Bookmark and Share
    froggy is offline Resident

Default The just shall live by faith

I just thought I'd share what the Teacher has been teaching me lately. With all the uncertainty and chaos swirling around us in these last days--it's easy to get anxious if we take our eyes off of the Savior and look at our circumstances. Lately He has been showing me what it truly means to live by faith. We have all been affected by the financial mess the world is in. I have never been wealthy--maybe lower middle class-- but I always had something in savings or retirement accounts to fall back on. The last few years have changed that--now it's paycheck to paycheck. Savings is gone, retirement cashed in and some credit card debt(workin' on that one). I am living on the edge and have to trust in Him completely.

Funny thing is, I couldn't be happier. He has been stripping away the attachments and idols in my life that I now look back on and can't believe I ever thought were important. I get to witness His miracles every day and know that He is the provider of all things and that I really, truly have nothing to do with it. The more I lean on Him, the more peace I have. The more I stop maneuvering and manipulating to try to figure out how to change my circumstances and just believe in Him, the more He provides. I finally get it. This is how life is supposed to be!

When God was preparing the Israelites to enter into the promised land He put them in a situation where they had to rely on Him. He provide just enough manna for that day and made sure they couldn't store it up for later and give themselves a false sense of security. He wanted daily, moment by moment dependence on Him for everything.

Remember how Moses struck the rock and water flowed from it? God told him to speak to the rock, not strike it. Moses wasn't allowed to enter the promised land because of what he did. He made it appear that his action was somehow responsible for God's provision--manipulating the rock.

When did you see God perform miracles in battle for Israel? When the people finally realized they were in a no-win situation and that victory by human effort was impossible. They stopped trying to figure it out, humbled themselves and cried out in faith. He did the fighting for them--turning their enemies against themselves or sending an angel to destroy them in the night.

Has God changed? Is He less powerful in the "modern world"? No way!
    We in the "enlightened" west have lost the wonder of reliance on God. With all our technological "advances" we have been fooled into reliance on ourselves and discarded His supernatural providence.

I think our present difficulties are the best medicine a loving Father could give His children. I say, keep me living on the edge! I get too distracted, too comfortable, too apathetic when things go too well. Thank you, Father, for training me, your son, in the way I should go. More pain is on the way--but so is an even deeper walk --by faith--with You. I know I wouldn't trade these last few years for anything.
    Gal3:3 "Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"

Just remember, wherever you go-- there you are.
    So stop running and just face the awful truth.
    There is nothing good in you and you can't improve yourself.
    Time to nail your old stinky carcass to the cross and let Jesus create the new you in Him!

"I never said He was safe. But He is GOOD!"

mattfivefour is online now Super Moderator

Default Re: The just shall live by faith

-------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Robert is offline Citizen

Awesome, Froggy!! It's clear that the Lord has been working with you!! Thanks for sharing that!

SteveJM is offline Citizen

Thanks for sharing your insights and praise. It was a blessing to read.

Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

AWESOME testimony Froggy!!! Thank you so much for sharing your story and encouraging the rest of us!

cspat64 is offline Member

Thank you brother for sharing this. It's really an encouragement for me. Myself I have a difficulty time as well in this fallen world. Faith is only what we have to hold on to. Without faith we are nothing.

Robert is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by cspat64 View Post
    Thank you brother for sharing this. It's really an encouragement for me. Myself I have a difficulty time as well in this fallen world. Faith is only what we have to hold on to. Without faith we are nothing.
    Meg and I are ing for you, cspat64.

myinnuendo999 is offline Citizen

froggy said-
    Funny thing is, I couldn't be happier. He has been stripping away the attachments and idols in my life that I now look back on and can't believe I ever thought were important. I get to witness His miracles every day and know that He is the provider of all things and that I really, truly have nothing to do with it. The more I lean on Him, the more peace I have. The more I stop maneuvering and manipulating to try to figure out how to change my circumstances and just believe in Him, the more He provides. I finally get it. This is how life is supposed to be!

That's IT brother you (get it). that's the more abundant life. That's GOD freeing you UP so that instead of going after worthless things, NOW you can go after what is most important and have some FUN just like God's children should be by doing HIS will. Our will lines up with HIS and then we delight in the LORD and he will give us the desires of our heart. Woohooo Praise His holy name forever

ACFI is offline Member

Elijah's Mantle is offline Citizen

I got so tremendous much from this thread God Bless you real big . Great truth in it and worth repeating for sure

Has God changed? Is He less powerful in the "modern world"? No way!
    We in the "enlightened" west have lost the wonder of reliance on God. With all our technological "advances" we have been fooled into reliance on ourselves and discarded His supernatural providence.

I think our present difficulties are the best medicine a loving Father could give His children. I say, keep me living on the edge! I get too distracted, too comfortable, too apathetic when things go too well. Thank you, Father, for training me, your son, in the way I should go. More pain is on the way--but so is an even deeper walk --by faith--with You. I know I wouldn't trade these last few years for anything.
    A GREAT BIG AMEN !

LivnForChrist is offline Jesus Christ is Lord

BUMP.

araj54 is online now Citizen

Thanks for bump this, Mary! So much truth in this short thread. The OP is right on, and I too am living proof of His grace and provision. The ability to recognize how great our Father's love really is sometimes eludes us during our busy lives, but the joy it brings is far better than what the world has to offer. Praising Him forever.
    LivnForChrist likes this.

Thread Information