Be Broken!

Thread: Be Broken!

Bookmark and Share
    BuzzardHut is offline Bird Mod

Default Be Broken!

The word contrite in Hebrew is 'dakah' which means one that is crushed to pieces. Paul wrote of being a 'living sacrifice' holy and acceptable to God. Being a living sacrifice means we often can walk off the altar. To be a continual living sacrifice we need to renew our minds day to day! Let your mind be renewed -- off the things which are worldly and onto those things which are Godly. When our minds are focused on those things above, on His holiness, His righteousness, His grace, and His mercy -- we realize that we can always be closer to Him! We understand what Isaiah meant when he said, "our righteousness is nothing but filthy rags before the Lord."

When God provided for Himself the perfect sacrifice, the Messiah, 2000 years ago -- His heart bursted! His heart was cut through -- cut for you! God desires you to be a living sacrifice and a necessary ingredient is a heart that has been cut through by God's sharp knife. When you allow your heart to be continually cut through by God's Spirit, then your life will be a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable before Him!

It's wonderful what God can do with a broken heart, especially when we give Him all the pieces!
    More...
    Last edited by BuzzardHut; January-16th-2007 at 12:11 PM.

JAYNA is offline Citizen

quote:It's wonderful what God can do with a broken heart, especially when we give Him all the pieces!

This is so very hard but so very true.

JAYNA is offline Citizen

Buzz, hope you don't mind me adding something I found.

````As you read the following story try to put yourself in the place of the Pastor that is writing the story.

This boasting is all so foolish, but let me go on. Let me tell about the visions and revelations I received from the Lord. I was caught up into the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether my body was there or just my spirit, I don't know; only God knows. But I do know that I was caught up into paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be told. That experience is something worth boasting about, but I am not going to do it. I am going to boast only about my weaknesses. I have plenty to boast about and would be no fool in doing it, because I would be telling the truth. But I won't do it. I don't want anyone to think more highly of me than what they can actually see in my life and my message, even though I have received wonderful revelations from God. But to keep me from getting puffed up, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from getting proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time He said, "My gracious favour is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Did you hear what I heard in this story? The Lord said, My power works best in your weakness.

You have probably already guessed who the Pastor is --- it is the Apostle Paul and the story is straight out of the Bible --- 2 Corinthians 12:1-10.

When I read the next message below it confirmed to me what I believe God was speaking to my heart. I pray the message & this brothers personal insight during his physical challenge will bless you particularly if you are going through hard times. God does not just want us to know Him but to know Him in a deeper more personal way. Believe God has heard your prayers and will answer them in the best way possible! Remember His Grace & Mercy is sufficient for you!

http://www.prayerreflections.blogspot.com/

Thread Information