Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By amercha2

Thread: Greetings From Maine

Bookmark and Share
    amercha2 is offline Resident

Default Greetings From Maine

=Arial][/FONT]
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Alice. I was born in Massachusetts but have lived twentry three years in New Hampshire and the last ten in Maine, my favorite place.
    Back in November I lost my wonderful husband Harry. We were married for thirty three great years and although being without him is almost unbearable i thank God everyday that he gave me Harry as my husband as no woman ever felt more loved and secure.
    Harry wasn't a big church goer and although he said he believed in Christ he didn't read the Bible but prayed every night and was so very proud of my work in church pre-school and always helped me to get there. I remember that Christ said that whatever someone does for the least of His they do for Him. That was my Harry.
    We have a beautiful thirty year old daughter that lives with me and we could write a book about all that happened to us living in the country without Harry and this is just since November! Flooded basements, car problems, car accidents, sick pets, furnace troubles. You name it yet God gets us through and I am proud of what we have done.
    when my basement was flooded I had a pool of water outside the door that could have been used for baptisims:)
    One night I got so angry about it I dug a trench through frozen ground about six inches deep and about sixteen feet long to an embankment so the water could flow over it. This was frozen ground and I about four foot nine and a half inches tall. The water gushed over the embankment! I also hooked up a garden host to a wet vac so the water could empty while I vacumed.
    I have learned to use a snowblower that took me for a ride up the hill and over to my driveway but I did get our driveway plowed out and when there was light snow my daughter and I both shoveled so the U.P.S. man told us we had the clearest driveway around. He was shocked that two women did it.
    I know that God is the real force behind our accomplishments and I hope that we are making He and Harry proud.
    I don't make much money and I am exhausted. Today was my first day off in two weeks. I do have life insurance money but that goes fast yet I have been able to put a good amount back from working to replenish and yes that is after titheing and supporting missionaries. God does provide!! I no longer have health insurance but I have not been as sick as I usually had gotten. Praise God!
    I am afraid to use a chainsaw but I may invest in a B&D Alligator Lopper that takes care of smaller logs so I can get some firewood on my own. I also garden so that will help too.
    My daughter and I cook, watch t.v., do crafts together and do our best to cheer each other up although it can be hard as we both miss harry so much as we were a close family. We attend different churches which is fine as we both help each others churches when they need it.
    I guess that my story. I would love to hear from others out there too. as I feel alot in common with all of you as I too am awaiting the rapture to be with my God and my husband again. and I can once more do an I told you so about how beautiful Heaven is:)
    Take care.
    In Christ Beautiful Love,
    Alice
    Meg and Hannah like this.

anath is offline I Love the Lord

Default Re: Greetings From Maine

Welcome Alice, I am so happy you have joined RF!

Amazing love! How can it be that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

ShilohRose is offline Citizen

Welcome, Alice! I can identify to some extent with your adventures without your husband. My DH is at home right now, but sometimes he is gone for a year at a time, and I've had some interesting, educational times with lightening and trees, squirrels and trees and porches and attics, carpenter ants, dying air conditioning units, ice and snowblowers.

I am glad that you and your daughter have each other to help get through this difficult time. You seem to be doing very well, in spite of your sadness. You will find the RaptureForums a wonderful place.

mattfivefour is offline Super Moderator

Wonderful introduction, sis. I am so glad you have joined us here. I pray the fellowship will bless you. My own wife died almost five years ago after 41 years and 2 months of marriage, so I can empathize with your loss. The comfort is knowing they are with Christ and we are going to see them again.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Kathy_57 is offline Citizen

Alice - Welcome to the forum

Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

Welcome Alice, and thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony! I went over 10 years in the country before God gave me my husband Robert, and I can certainly relate! I had nothing but a push mower before I could afford a riding mower, painted as much of the house as I could reach on step ladders (it took some doing to overcome my fear of ladders too BTW), and have had some adventures of my own to say the least! May the Holy Lord continue to bless you deeply!

Welcome Alice! Where in Massachusetts were you born? I was born in Stoughton, lived there about 4 years, moved away, then moved back to Mansfield for another 4 years. It's nice to have you here!

amercha2 is offline Resident

Quote Originally Posted by livin_in_the_Son View Post
    Welcome Alice! Where in Massachusetts were you born? I was born in Stoughton, lived there about 4 years, moved away, then moved back to Mansfield for another 4 years. It's nice to have you here!
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I was born in Lowell. Massachusetts and raised in Tewksbury. My husband was born in Gloucester, MA.
    I am trying to remember if Stoughton is in the western part of MA.? It is funny as many of my friends in Maine are Massachusetts transplants. It is such a small world. Take care. Alice

Quote Originally Posted by amercha2 View Post
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I was born in Lowell. Massachusetts and raised in Tewksbury. My husband was born in Gloucester, MA.
    I am trying to remember if Stoughton is in the western part of MA.? It is funny as many of my friends in Maine are Massachusetts transplants. It is such a small world. Take care. Alice
    Stoughton is southwest of Boston, Boston Harbor, and east from Foxboro.

IamPJ is offline Citizen

Hi Alice. Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you join us!!!

Thread Information