Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

                  
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    billiefan2000 is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping
    Posts
    8,794

    Default Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action
    By Eryn Sun | Christian Post Reporter
    Text Share RSS Print E-mail


    Twilight fans may need to step back and reassess their love of vampires and werewolves, as a recent rise in occult activity throughout the world is alarming some Christian scholars.

    More than just a flippant fascination, youth today have become fixated on popular entertainment subjects like vampires, ghosts and witches, taking their interests to the extreme, and acting out in accordance.

    Just a few months ago, a 19-year-old in Texas, claiming to have been a 500-year-old vampire needing to be fed, broke into a woman’s home, threw her against the wall, and tried to suck her blood.

    Another instance in Florida involved a teenage girl who was charged along with four others for beating a 16-year-old to death. They were part of a purported vampire cult, with one teenage girl calling herself a vampire/werewolf hybrid.

    “Psychologists have long understood how women in general desire strength in men, but few could have imagined how this natural and overriding need by young ladies would be used in modern times to seduce them of their innocence using mysteriously strong yet everlastingly damned creatures depicted in popular books and films like Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse,” publisher Thomas Horn said in a statement.

    “Consider as an example popular youth-oriented magazines like Rolling Stone and their article ‘The Joy of Vampire Sex.’ Look at the ménage-à-trois on the magazine’s cover of three nudes bathed in blood with the promise to readers that vampires are ‘Hot. They’re Sexy. They’re Undead.’”

    Like us on Facebook

    “Listing all of the related fan sites, music videos, magazines, television shows and movies currently dedicated to sexual [or romantic] obsession with alluring demons-in-flesh would be daunting. But these would have to include television shows like ‘Being Human,’ ‘The Gates,’ ‘Underworld,’ ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and ‘True Blood,’ not to mention the hedonistic gay-themed program ‘The Lair,’ a series that plays nationwide on all major cable systems based on a vampire-run sex club.”

    Admonishing parents, pastors and youth pastors to pay closer attention to what their children were “mentally and spiritually feeding on,” Horn hopes that Christians would begin to act to counter the dangers of pop culture’s fascination on occult practices before a generation was “lost to darkness.”

    “Frankly, preachers need to care enough about those families and youth within their care to take a stand, or stand down; be gusty enough to use their pulpit for something eternally useful, or quit the ministry and become a car salesman.”

    Though the worry might be overlooked by many who felt Horn’s admonition was an over-assessment on pop culture, believing that the current trends would eventually fade and no longer be relevant, Horn said they could not be farther from the truth.

    “As a doctor of theology with a past in exorcism, I couldn’t disagree more,” he told The Raiders News Network.

    “Mass media including the Internet, television, film, radio and other communications systems have traded Bela-Lugosi-like vampires of former years and silly Abbott and Costello’s Frankenstein and Mummies, which could be vanquished with Christian symbols, for monsters of profound demonic character depicted as impervious to Christ’s power,” Horn said.

    “As a result, today’s youth have exchanged yesterday’s pigtails and pop-guns for pentagrams and blood covenants aligned with forces far stronger than former generations could have imagined.”

    With everything happening in culture today, Horn urged Christian leaders to use the month of October and the season of Halloween to address these issues, which he said are infecting everyone around the world, including those in the United States.

    In the United States alone, there were more than 200,000 registered witches and as many as 8 million unregistered practitioners of “the craft,” according to multiple conservative scholars who documented a report on the rise of occult activity in a collaborative work entitled God’s Ghostbusters.



    Well-known Christian leaders like Chuck Missler, Gary Stearman, Noah Hutchings, Gary Bates and John McTernan, who contributed to the work,

    also believe in the gravity of the situation, and have called on other leaders to make a change.



    To help pastors, Christian education directors, Sunday school teachers and ministry leaders address such topics this Halloween, a 270-page teachers guide, as well as two books on the subject in pdf format, have been made available to download at no cost on the God’s Ghostbusters page.

    Click here for more information and to download the resources.

    The book God’s Ghostbusters is also available for purchase on the website.


    Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action, Christian News
    http://prayerlistforrockstars.blogspot.com/
    http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org


    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

  2. #2
    eddie's Avatar
    eddie is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    413

    Unhappy Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Definitely a need for major concern. My oldest niece is very into this stuff and my sister who claims to be a Christian buys her the vampire novels.

  3. #3
    micah719 is offline an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    somewhere in Europe
    Posts
    1,924

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Careful for the site the "Christian Post" sends you to....whacko as they come. Occult stuff has always been a problem and it is getting worse, but you don't have to buy a special book to tell you how to deal with it. Otherwise Micah Industries would habe published one by now, to fleece the gullible. That was a joke, you may laugh. Ok, that's enough, stop now.

  4. #4
    Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    4,307

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    The rise of the occult in the US and Europe has been a concern for some time, but the mainstream church refused to listen to the warnings. The Twilight etc have been a very serious problem too. I know a young couple who are also heavily into Twilight while giving lip service to Christianity. The challenge, among other things is to figure out a way to explain whats wrong with the stuff without sounding like we're old and uptight... Like every other serious sin problem, the occult is presented as "harmless" and "fun" at first, but the deeper they go the worse it gets. I wonder if the church at large even has what it takes to deal with this increasingly dangerous mess...
    FaithInChrist likes this.

  5. #5
    dave-o is online now Citizen

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    What is this fascination with blood-sucking, not-dead creatures? I just don't get it. Of all those shows/books mentioned the only one I know a little about is True Blood. That show isn't about the occult, it's about sex with non-human 'things' and denigrating Christianity.

  6. #6
    micah719 is offline an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    somewhere in Europe
    Posts
    1,924

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Lev 17:10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
    Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
    Lev 17:12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.

    Deu 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
    Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
    Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
    Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
    Deu 18:13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
    Deu 18:14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

    The challenge, among other things is to figure out a way to explain whats wrong with the stuff without sounding like we're old and uptight
    Just tell them. If they don't listen they're not worth having as friends anyway, and you sure don't want to stand next to them.

    I wonder if the church at large even has what it takes to deal with this increasingly dangerous mess...
    No, that is why it is large. Broad vs. narrow. Notice "narrow", not "difficult". It is only "difficult" if you have to do it yourself (impossible, actually; like stuffing a camel through a sewing needle):

    Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
    Mat 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
    Mat 7:29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    Posts
    1,013

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Quote Originally Posted by dave-o View Post
    What is this fascination with blood-sucking, not-dead creatures? I just don't get it. Of all those shows/books mentioned the only one I know a little about is True Blood. That show isn't about the occult, it's about sex with non-human 'things' and denigrating Christianity.
    The Twilight books are probably the number one series that has glamorized vampires lately. It isn't about sex with the undead. It is about immortality, incredible strength, supernatural powers and evil overcoming their basic "needs" in order to be able to stand being the monsters they are, and to be able to live among "mortals". They live among, but not interacting with "mortals". Until a vampire that is over 100 years old, but who looks like a 17 year old falls in love with an actual 17 year old student named Bella. Obviously, you can see the pull that such a fantastical storyline would have to young girls. The books alone had girls drooling over this imaginary monster named Edward, then along came the movies and the casting was impeccable. In the second book another type of monster was introduced, the werewolf. Now young girls have a choice between the supernatural undead or the powerful changling.

    These books were easily passed around, even at churches because the phrase "It's okay, the books were written by a Christian woman who had a dream..." was toted to every concerned parent. "Well if a Christian wrote it then it must be okay...right?"

    If it had stopped there this little girl fairy tale might have gone away, like a fad, but now there are so many spin-offs, one of which is the Vampire Diaries. These are much more sordid. In the Twilight series evil is overcome, there is no sex before marriage, it is obvious who the good guys are...other series are not so easy to figure out and suddenly, being a bad-a**ed evil villain in the form of immortality and superhuman strength is not so easy to pass up. Now it is pendulums, rituals and true evil that children are emulating.

    I could possibly see saying. "Oh they are children, playing fantasy" except for the fact that our Bible teaches that this is wrong. Our Bible tells us that if we are not following Him, we are following evil. Therefore, our children have been led by seemingly innocent stories into the hands of evil. I agree that I am not sure the churches are going to know what to say or do to lead our children away from this compounding force. We are certainly going to need God's wisdom and strength to overcome this. I could even see some of these supernatural, vampire or witchtype forces ending up being the "evidence" that the false prophet uses to sell the anti-christ, with an audience that has been prepped to accept these type of supernatural events. If this happens then witchcraft steps out of the dark and into the false illumination of the anti-christ.
    Meg likes this.

  8. #8
    Robert is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    -
    Posts
    2,773

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    I do not know what is sadder: that there is a readiness to buy into this sort of thing, or that there is an opposite, even more vehement refusal to believe scripture.
    seank6 likes this.

  9. #9
    JAyres is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (suburb of Dallas)
    Posts
    140

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    I still don't get the whole Twilight thing. I've tried watching the first movie, but I've never been able to get through it, and not because of all the occult stuff. I found the story to be boring. The Bella character is totally hollow. The whole romantic arc feels forced and contrite. The Edward character, being 100+ years old, really comes off as a pedophile (to me anyway). Other plot devices are just completely stupid. Vampires glitter in the sun?!? Please! They don't have fangs?!? They have to play baseball during a storm because when they hit the ball it sounds like thunder?!? Ugh. It's just so ridiculous. Call me old-fashioned, but I'll take anything where vampires are destroyed by the sun and burned by the Cross and holy water over all of this glittery, pretty-boy, sissy-pants nonsense.

  10. #10
    billiefan2000 is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping
    Posts
    8,794

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I wonder if the church at large even has what it takes to deal with this increasingly dangerous mess...

    sadly in the church's current and very weak state

    with NAR and WOF peddlers or seeker madness and or Universalism in most churches, the church isnt prepared to deal with this




    if the churches listened to the mean odmers and folks like Noah Hutchings on the radio

    more than Rick Warren and Bill Hybels types that have weakened most churches, a good chunk of the church's current state of problems wouldnt be happening.
    http://prayerlistforrockstars.blogspot.com/
    http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org


    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

  11. #11
    Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    4,307

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Quote Originally Posted by FaithInChrist View Post
    The Twilight books are probably the number one series that has glamorized vampires lately. It isn't about sex with the undead. It is about immortality, incredible strength, supernatural powers and evil overcoming their basic "needs" in order to be able to stand being the monsters they are, and to be able to live among "mortals". They live among, but not interacting with "mortals". Until a vampire that is over 100 years old, but who looks like a 17 year old falls in love with an actual 17 year old student named Bella. Obviously, you can see the pull that such a fantastical storyline would have to young girls. The books alone had girls drooling over this imaginary monster named Edward, then along came the movies and the casting was impeccable. In the second book another type of monster was introduced, the werewolf. Now young girls have a choice between the supernatural undead or the powerful changling.

    These books were easily passed around, even at churches because the phrase "It's okay, the books were written by a Christian woman who had a dream..." was toted to every concerned parent. "Well if a Christian wrote it then it must be okay...right?"

    If it had stopped there this little girl fairy tale might have gone away, like a fad, but now there are so many spin-offs, one of which is the Vampire Diaries. These are much more sordid. In the Twilight series evil is overcome, there is no sex before marriage, it is obvious who the good guys are...other series are not so easy to figure out and suddenly, being a bad-a**ed evil villain in the form of immortality and superhuman strength is not so easy to pass up. Now it is pendulums, rituals and true evil that children are emulating.

    I could possibly see saying. "Oh they are children, playing fantasy" except for the fact that our Bible teaches that this is wrong. Our Bible tells us that if we are not following Him, we are following evil. Therefore, our children have been led by seemingly innocent stories into the hands of evil. I agree that I am not sure the churches are going to know what to say or do to lead our children away from this compounding force. We are certainly going to need God's wisdom and strength to overcome this. I could even see some of these supernatural, vampire or witchtype forces ending up being the "evidence" that the false prophet uses to sell the anti-christ, with an audience that has been prepped to accept these type of supernatural events. If this happens then witchcraft steps out of the dark and into the false illumination of the anti-christ.
    The author was allegedly a Christian??? !!!!!!!!

    Has the difference between good and evil been so erased then? I've heard it said that most Christians don't believe in satan... Then there are all the jokes about the devil walking into churches and everybody fleeing like their rear ends are on fire and their heads are catching... 'Bout time the church sober up and make some hard choices...

  12. #12
    readyforhome is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    "True Blood" in my humble opinion is one of the worst. In this, we get werewolves, werepanthers, "shifters" (Can change into any animal), witches, faeries, there was one creature who was basically a demigod, of course vampires. Most of the characters gleefully talk of being atheists, consider one conversation, which involves a major character "Terra", "I've always considered myself an athesist" while chuckling and talking to a witch about her religion. Another one, a shifter named "Sam" telling his brother after he said he was going to hell for killing his parents, "Tommy, there aint no God, and their aint no hell." The only people regularly identified as bad and or evil are in fact easily identifiable as Christians. Sex between people is common, marriage is of course optional. There are people indentified as "fang-bangers" and these are those who willingly have sex with vampires for their blood, which is llike a drug to human beings. There is of course open support and defense of homosexuality in the program, with another main character; and Terra's cousin, "Lafayette" being an open and "proud" homosexual. He just also happens to be a drug dealer and also sells "V" which is the street name for vampire blood. And this is normal, and popular amongst people?

  13. #13
    Andrei's Avatar
    Andrei is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    I've read the Twilight books a few months ago, and I gotta say I enjoyed reading them (for the action, and not for the romance). But I only saw them as *fiction*, an image of the author's imagination. Some people like role-playing their favorite characters, and doing that during a convention is one thing, but going out beating people and trying to drink their blood means they got a problem.
    Matthew 16:18-19

  14. #14
    Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    4,307

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Quote Originally Posted by readyforhome View Post
    "True Blood" in my humble opinion is one of the worst. In this, we get werewolves, werepanthers, "shifters" (Can change into any animal), witches, faeries, there was one creature who was basically a demigod, of course vampires. Most of the characters gleefully talk of being atheists, consider one conversation, which involves a major character "Terra", "I've always considered myself an athesist" while chuckling and talking to a witch about her religion. Another one, a shifter named "Sam" telling his brother after he said he was going to hell for killing his parents, "Tommy, there aint no God, and their aint no hell." The only people regularly identified as bad and or evil are in fact easily identifiable as Christians. Sex between people is common, marriage is of course optional. There are people indentified as "fang-bangers" and these are those who willingly have sex with vampires for their blood, which is llike a drug to human beings. There is of course open support and defense of homosexuality in the program, with another main character; and Terra's cousin, "Lafayette" being an open and "proud" homosexual. He just also happens to be a drug dealer and also sells "V" which is the street name for vampire blood. And this is normal, and popular amongst people?
    What you're describing here pretty well resembles the pagan crowd online I used to be involved with just before I repented into Christ. I have one thing to say, and I am not sorry. I am a devoted Christian, and I barely knew the outline sketch of what this Twilight business was about. The posters at Wal Mart were enough to turn me off, and it was out for over a year before some people I know casually clued me in. IMO, no Christian has any business reading that trash, but now that the cat's out of the bag, know this: people who live and practice the stuff described in the quoted post, and make no mistake about it, they do, are in covenant with demons, possessed voluntarily. I have gotten to know a couple of people who went that far, and I know for a fact they're not making it up. Isaiah warns us "Touch not that unclean thing"...

    Isiah 52:11
    Depart, depart, go out from there! Touch no unclean thing! Come out from it and be pure, you who carry the vessels of the LORD.
    Last edited by Meg; October-15th-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: internet connection slow

  15. #15
    billiefan2000 is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping
    Posts
    8,794

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    btw:

    even worse than the vampire obsession is the zombie obsession



    I live in a part of Omaha that is doing a zombie walk (yearly event) and many business and many "christians" I know are involved


    it creeps me out. I refuse to participate in the Omaha Zombie Walk cause it is too creepy.


    not surprising many self professed christians would be involved with the Omaha Zombie Walk

    (most christians in Omaha are so ignorant of what is happening to the churches

    and the seeker and NAR nonsense happening in many churches here that many of them need a brain to find to see what is going on.


    http://prayerlistforrockstars.blogspot.com/
    http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org


    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

  16. #16
    Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    4,307

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Aaaaah yes, Todd Bentley. If there ever was a zombie, he's it and double that for everyone who still listens to him!!!

  17. #17
    readyforhome is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    600

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Now people are saying, "zombies are the new vampires." Whatever that means. I knew one guy who was fascinated with vampirism because of his hemophilia, and his was extreme. I'd like to ask a question, when was the last time anyone here has seen any movie where a pastor, or other Christian was potrayed in a positive light? Unless it is a movie made by Christians. We are almost universally depicted as hateful, small minded and quite frankly stupid people. It had gotten that I was almost expectant of this in horror movies, but it appears everywhere else now too.

  18. #18
    Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    4,307

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Quote Originally Posted by readyforhome View Post
    Now people are saying, "zombies are the new vampires." Whatever that means. I knew one guy who was fascinated with vampirism because of his hemophilia, and his was extreme. I'd like to ask a question, when was the last time anyone here has seen any movie where a pastor, or other Christian was potrayed in a positive light? Unless it is a movie made by Christians. We are almost universally depicted as hateful, small minded and quite frankly stupid people. It had gotten that I was almost expectant of this in horror movies, but it appears everywhere else now too.
    Unfortunately, people remember negative impressions most readily. Thats why it matters so much how we treat people, as what they believe about Christians is what they believe about Christ...
    readyforhome likes this.

  19. #19
    discdog98 is offline Jr. Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    I made a comment recently that Halloween is a pagan holiday. The reply back to me was that it is an American tradition and there is nothing wrong with it. I was shocked to hear this from my christian brother. You can't "christianize" halloween, period! I'll be carving Jesus on my pumpkin and that's all I will do. I won't hand out candy or participate.

  20. #20
    Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    4,307

    Default Re: Vampire, Occult Entertainment Going Too Far? Christian Leaders Urge Action

    Quote Originally Posted by discdog98 View Post
    I made a comment recently that Halloween is a pagan holiday. The reply back to me was that it is an American tradition and there is nothing wrong with it. I was shocked to hear this from my christian brother. You can't "christianize" halloween, period! I'll be carving Jesus on my pumpkin and that's all I will do. I won't hand out candy or participate.
    Sis, I would recommend that you do not even carve Jesus on a pumpkin. You are quite correct, halloween is a pagan holiday, and the pumpkin thing is something about an effort to either ward off evil spirits or appease evil. Stand Firm then, and refuse to participate in any way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •