• 3 Post By nemia
  • 2 Post By ciny
  • 4 Post By Lily
  • 2 Post By ragamuffin

Thread: If you are pregnant during the Rapture

Bookmark and Share
    Juliebeth is offline Citizen

Default If you are pregnant during the Rapture

If you are pregnant during the Rapture, what will happen to the baby in your stomach who isn't fully formed?
    ciny likes this.

LivnForChrist is offline Jesus Christ is Lord

Default Re: If you are pregnant during the Rapture

I can't say for sure but my guess is that it will go to heaven with you as a
    separate individual.

Soon is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by LivnForChrist View Post
    I can't say for sure but my guess is that it will go to heaven with you as a
    separate individual.
    I agree - if the mother is a believer.

But this becomes a very tricky question if the mother does not believe depending on whether or not you believe ALL children (under the age of accountability) are taken. Just imagine the "extra horror" for this non-believing mother (as if though the upcoming 7 year Tribulation Period wouldn't be enough horror in itself).

(Oops - after posting I realize that this section was for "Ladies Only" - my apologies!!)

bobsart is offline New Member!

WOW! Pregnant for all eternity, and my wife thought 9 months was an eternity.

My Pastor teaches that all children are taken, which would mean that babies in the womb go as well. I cannot imagine how in the world people would explain what had happened, could you imagine!?

Since mom and baby are two seperate people, momma would not be pregnant in heaven for all of eternity bobsart.

Robert is offline Citizen

While scripture is not explicit in the matter concerning children in the womb at the time of the Rapture, we need to remember that God is just and faithful, and that he will do the right thing when it is time for the Rapture to take place. We have educated guesses into the matter, such as the "age of accountability" in Isaiah; before the age of understanding, a child who does not know right from wrong is not held accountable for their actions.

All that said, we can trust God in this matter; he won't leave on earth anyone who should not be when the time for the Bride to meet her groom has arrived.

SonSeeker is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    While scripture is not explicit in the matter concerning children in the womb at the time of the Rapture, we need to remember that God is just and faithful, and that he will do the right thing when it is time for the Rapture to take place. We have educated guesses into the matter, such as the "age of accountability" in Isaiah; before the age of understanding, a child who does not know right from wrong is not held accountable for their actions.

All that said, we can trust God in this matter; he won't leave on earth anyone who should not be when the time for the Bride to meet her groom has arrived.
    Agreed! But Robert, we better get out of here before they catch us on the Ladies Only site.
    Ephesians 5:18 (New King James Version)

18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

I Come To The Garden Alone Hymn

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
    And He tells me I am His own;
    And the joy we share as we tarry there,
    None other has ever known.

I would also think all the babies, born and unborn along with all the small children will be taken in the rapture.

If mom is a non-Christian, I can only hope that she finds solace with the fact that her baby was saved from the horrors the are soon to come. Maybe being with her baby again will mean so much to her that she will find this website and learn how she too can saved (albeit through a much more arduous route).

micah719 is offline an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40

It's not something that worries me much, really......

But seeing as how all souls belong to The Lord, and there is salvation through no other, and He is righteous and just, we should trust Him to look after the souls He created.
    caligal, ReadyforSupper and ciny like this.

WhisperWisdom is offline Faithfully Yours Lord!

I fully believe all those before the age of accountability will be with the Lord when the Rapture happens. That includes all the unborn as well.

On a side note, this was actually one of the reasons why I never liked the Left Behind series because one of the main character was pregnant and was later raising the child during the times of the Tribulation. I do not believe any children below the age of accountablity will be allowed during this point in time. I remember either reading or hearing somewhere that all unbelieving expectant mothers would weep and wail when it happens.
    caligal and ciny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperWisdom View Post
    I fully believe all those before the age of accountability will be with the Lord when the Rapture happens. That includes all the unborn as well.

On a side note, this was actually one of the reasons why I never liked the Left Behind series because one of the main character was pregnant and was later raising the child during the times of the Tribulation. I do not believe any children below the age of accountablity will be allowed during this point in time. I remember either reading or hearing somewhere that all unbelieving expectant mothers would weep and wail when it happens.
    Just FYI, in the Left Behind series, Chloe got pregnant AFTER the rapture, not before.
    caligal, Toothywoofy and ciny like this.

WhisperWisdom is offline Faithfully Yours Lord!

It's been a while since I've read the Left Behind series.

But yeah, I don't believe women will have the ability to get pregnant during the Tribulations. It just doesn't make sense to me to have children before the age of accountability living during this period because you know parents who didn't believe would be forcing the child to take the mark.
    ciny likes this.

I believe that also children in the womb have a soul and are also included to the rapture if the mother believes!
    Although it's interesting to think about whisperwisdom's thoughts that it will be impossible to get during the Tribulations. This might be true!
    This is a really interesting topic. Thanks for pointing this out!
    mattfivefour, caligal and ciny like this.

ciny is offline Jr. Member

i belive that all babies even unborn Children and young children are
    all going to be raptured to their inocent before God.
    mattfivefour and caligal like this.

Lily is offline Looking Up

Like those who posted, I agree that unborn babies will go in the rapture. But I thought of something else too, in this way unborn babies will be proven by God to be human beings at conception and not the lie of pro-abortionists as some undefined blob of tissue.

Maybe I'm taking it too far, but it's something that crossed my mind. God really doesn't have to do anything to prove anything....

ragamuffin is offline Citizen

I Trust that God will do what is right... after all, He will do nothing else than just that. (i.e. I agree with Robert's earlier post)

If Old Testament history is any indicator, I don't recall children (born or unborn) being rounded up and placed on the ark before the flood? When the angels were instructed to rescue Lot and family, there were no additional instructions to also rescue children outside of Lot's family also? There are several other Old Testament plagues and judgements that unfortunately don't spare children from distress either.

Why would the Lord spare children at the Rapture... then allow new children to be born during the Tribulation and not spare them?

I grieves me to see children suffer... and I know it breaks the Lord's heart. After all He entrusts us with their care. What an amazing and loving gift He gives to us that so many just take for granted and even conveniently discard. Many of us "wake up" at some point in our lives when we realize that huge responsibility and appreciate the precious gift that children are from above. Could it be that He will still "wake up" Tribulation saints in this same manner?

Of all the photos recently posted from Gaza, the one that stood out most to me and surfaced anger in me was the one of the little girl with the cast on her arm... how can that happen (rhetorical)?

I picture in my mind the Rapture being an event that won't really impact the world much initially (from the "worlds" perspective). So I wonder if pregnant believers will indeed be "caught up" along with their unborn babies? However, perhaps non-believers who are pregnant will continue with "life as normal" when the Rapture occurs?

Selfishness is the root of much evil... children and spouses provide us with the ability to shed some of that selfishness that "the flesh" instills within us. Loving others above ourselves is what the Lord commands us to do... in addition to Loving the Lord our God above all else!

I can't even pretend to understand the why in how the Lord works as He does... however, I am comforted by this statement in scripture:
    8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
    declares the Lord.
    9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
    - Isaiah 55:8-9
    caligal and ciny like this.

My sister is prego right now!

I can't say.. but I think they would go with you :)

Last edited by TrooperforChrist; December-3rd-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Realizing I am in the Ladies section...
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." - Proverbs 9:10

Just a young man with the desire to defend our Faith, and Country.

my2babysmana is offline New Member!

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperWisdom View Post
    It's been a while since I've read the Left Behind series.

But yeah, I don't believe women will have the ability to get pregnant during the Tribulations. It just doesn't make sense to me to have children before the age of accountability living during this period because you know parents who didn't believe would be forcing the child to take the mark.
    Matthew 24:19 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies during those days."

I do believe that according to this verse there will be pregnancies and babies born during the Tribulation. As far as parents forcing their children to take the mark, that is something that I have never thought about before. But no matter what happens, we know that God is just and right.

Thread Information