• 10 Post By mbrown1219
  • 3 Post By AndyM

Thread: Israel Is Closing All Embassies and Consulates Worldwide

Bookmark and Share
    Lujack Skylark is offline Citizen

Default Israel Is Closing All Embassies and Consulates Worldwide

Alert: Israel Is Closing All It's Embassies And Consulates Worldwide

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-P...o-close-346223

Is this new story for real? Why would Israel being doing this? Would Israel be planning an attack on Iranian nuclear sites and be moving all Jewish ambassadors back to Israel for their safety?

Is Bible prophecy moving fast forward?
    billym, AndyM, sara ann and 5 others like this.

mbrown1219 is offline Heaven's Stables

Israel Re: Israel Is Closing All Embassies and Consulates Worldwide

This is very big news. Thanks Luke.

billym, AndyM, sara ann and 1 others like this.
    Mary Brown

Matthew 5:3-12 The Beatitudes

araj54 is offline Citizen

Default Re: Israel Is Closing All Embassies and Consulates Worldwide

Evidently a work related dispute. Interesting.

Foreign Ministry’s workers committee declared a full-fledged strike on Sunday, closing the ministry and all the country’s embassies and consulates around the world for the first time.

The strike is the latest development in a nearly two-year-old work dispute that the workers declared for improved salaries and work conditions.

more:Foreign Ministry goes on strike, all Israel's embassies and consulates abroad to close | JPost | Israel News
    Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

WaitingOnHim is offline Renewed In Christ

Just listened to the video.

Can't find this on any other new outlet yet, but - if this is true - VERY EXCITING NEWS!!!

Do they know something we don't yet???

• Larry

Quote Originally Posted by araj54 View Post
    Evidently a work related dispute. Interesting.

Foreign Ministry’s workers committee declared a full-fledged strike on Sunday, closing the ministry and all the country’s embassies and consulates around the world for the first time.

The strike is the latest development in a nearly two-year-old work dispute that the workers declared for improved salaries and work conditions.

more:Foreign Ministry goes on strike, all Israel's embassies and consulates abroad to close | JPost | Israel News
    Do you think that's the real story, or just a ruse to throw off the rest of the world?
    • Larry

http://www.pmo.gov.il/english/Pages/default.aspx

I did not have a chance to read on the PM's website as I must leave now to do an important errand. This website is probably the best source of information for Israeli news....
    Mary Brown

Allyn Fisher-Ilan

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli diplomats launched an unprecedented strike on Sunday, forcing the complete closure of embassies around the world as they escalated a dispute over pay, officials said.

The industrial action has already threatened to postpone a visit by Pope Francis to Israel planned for May - one of 25 trips by foreign officials affected by a work slowdown the diplomats began on March 5 when wage talks broke down.

By escalating the action to a full strike - the first by the diplomatic corps since the country's establishment in 1948 - the diplomats will close all of Israel's 102 missions abroad, paralyzing most diplomatic work with other countries and the United Nations.

"We are completely shutting down the (foreign ministry) office and missions abroad. This is the first time ever," ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said.

Another ministry official told Reuters: "As of now, the foreign ministry doesn't exist. It's not possible even to submit complaints".

Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman Called the strike "irresponsible" and "a wretched decision and a display of a loss of control on union's part."

"We shall do whatever possible to minimize the damage to the country and its citizens," Lieberman said.

Diplomats said the strike - involving some 1,200 foreign service employees - was open-ended and had been called after the Treasury had failed to present any acceptable proposals.

They are demanding an increase in monthly salaries, which they put at 6,000-9,000 shekels ($1,700-$2,600), and want compensation for spouses forced to quit jobs due to foreign postings. They say about a third of their number has quit in the past 15 years due to poor wages.

Yacov Livne, spokesman for the diplomats' union, said: "the Treasury is determined to destroy the foreign ministry and Israeli diplomacy."

Not sure I'm buying the strike as the reason for the world-wide shutdown. Even if true - how will this affect the "peace dealings" with the pa?
    Lujack Skylark likes this.
    • Larry

araj54 is offline Citizen

Yous' conspiracy folks can twist this into a pretzel if you like, but I will take the Paul Harvey approach and wait for the rest of the story.

OK, I'll admit my mind is spinning some scenarios as well.
    Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingOnHim View Post
    Do you think that's the real story, or just a ruse to throw off the rest of the world?
    I say its interesting timing. Abbas wants to visit Iran likely to stir up coversation about how to destroy Israel and now Israel's ambassadors are coming home.

Crisis in Crimea, Vatican move towards one world religion, The Jihadist in the Psalms 83 nations getting stronger, the higher food prices, many animals on the endangers specie list, Fukushima radiation leaking all over the Pacific, the disappearance of honey bees, the downturn in the world's economy, the warfare between various ethnic groups, the increase in earthquakes in divers places, the world wanting to stand behind the terrorist Palestinians in their quest for Israeli land, Putin's agressive moves against the Ukraine, all seem like we are on the doorstep of many biblical prophecy fulfillments indicating the people on planet earth are moving closer to the seven year tribulation.
    araj54, AndyM, sara ann and 3 others like this.

LivingForHim is offline Resident

My mind went there too when I first saw this….what if it WERE a clever ruse to bring Israel's ambassadors home? The timing is very interesting. But I agree, as exciting as it is, I'm going to try to not jump to conclusions just yet and wait and see what happens, as hard as that is. But as we well know God could call us home any minute. And seeing all the pieces of the puzzle come together it does feel like that time is very close at hand.
    Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV) "The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

It wasn't long ago Jordan wanted the Israeli ambassador to leave Jordan and now all Israeli ambassadors are coming home.

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/120312

IF I were a bloodhound, I would be wagging my tail right now believing I was on the trail to something real big. We will just have to wait and see what is at the end of the trail.

As I recall Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu became real upset about the world's response when Israel intercepted the Iranian ship full of weapons destined for Hamas and there was no outcry by All nations in our world. Israel knows the Jewish nation is all alone in wanting to stop Iran's nuclear weapons production, yet there could be a host of other reasons for bringing the ambassadors home.
    araj54, AndyM, ElShaddai and 3 others like this.

Duncanmc is offline Citizen

Maybe it really is a work stoppage for wage increases. Are they actually leaving their posts and coming home? If so then I'd be a little suspicious of alternative reasons. It's kind of hard to over run embassies and take hostages or kill personnel if they aren't in the buildings now isn't it? They may well be getting them out before the whole world gets REALLY ANGRY about something Israel chooses to do....
    Od lo avdah tikvateinu!

AM YISRAEL CHAI !

I have been getting some private e-mails where some people say this is merely a labor dispute yet what about the ambassadors? (1)Are the ambassadors staying at their locations or (2) coming home like the first link says?

God is always at work behind the scenes in human events, now isn't He? (Romans 8:28)

So even if this is truly a labor dispute, it could be that the timing is God's Perfect Timing for some monumental event to unfold shortly according to God's Perfect Timetable of end times events!

I personally pray that the embassies are emptied and the workers are evacuated promptly to Israel, no matter why they think they are going home.

To me it seems quite clear we are on the brink of world events foretold in prophecy millennia ago....

Just my for what it's worth.
    Mary Brown

AndyM is offline Saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanmc View Post
    Maybe it really is a work stoppage for wage increases. Are they actually leaving their posts and coming home? If so then I'd be a little suspicious of alternative reasons. It's kind of hard to over run embassies and take hostages or kill personnel if they aren't in the buildings now isn't it? They may well be getting them out before the whole world gets REALLY ANGRY about something Israel chooses to do....
    The word was made flesh = Jesus John 1:14

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.
    In the world ye will have tribulation but be of good cheer;
    I have overcome the world. John 16:33 Halleluiah!!!

Thread Information