Bookmark and Share
    endofdays is offline Resident

Default Why Anelka's 'quenelle' gesture is so controversial

Why Anelka's 'quenelle' gesture is so controversial
    Nicolas Anelka vows never to repeat 'anti-semitic' goal celebration
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...itic-west-brom

iSong6:3 is offline Super Moderator

Default Re: Why Anelka's 'quenelle' gesture is so controversial

And the Simon Wiesenthal Center accuses Tony Parker of the anti-Jewish gesture. French basketball star latest celebrity accused of anti-Semitic gesture | JPost | Israel News
    23rd Psalm (Hebrew)

Warriors of Israel - Be Strong and Courageous - Hashem is With You

twerpv is offline Citizen

Where is the uproar over the Obama's "gestures" toward Israel?

Simon Champion!

The article never explained why it was so anti-Semitic.

As far as I can see, the name just means dumpling.

que·nelle
    [kuh-nel] Show IPA
    noun
    French Cookery. a dumpling of finely chopped fish or meat that is poached in water or stock and usually served with a sauce.
    Origin:
    1835–45; < French < German Knödel dumpling
    Perhaps I am dense here but what do dumplings have to do with Jewish people???

After checking into it more, it appears that it is a sign of resistance against the elite. A form of protest.

It's sort of a social meme that has been copied by the Muslims in question.

It's certainly in bad taste and should be banned from football or sports in general.

araj54 is offline Citizen

Pretty soon everyone will have to walk around in straightjackets with duct tape over our mouth lest we offend someone. The bible mentions that in the last days many will be offended, and I truly am offended that so many are offended, and I also take offense to all the offending by the offenders who are, knowingly or not, guilty of the crime of offending. Whew!! Time for some chocolate.
    maryrae, StormsMom and goingup like this.
    Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Simon Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by araj54 View Post
    Pretty soon everyone will have to walk around in straightjackets with duct tape over our mouth lest we offend someone. The bible mentions that in the last days many will be offended, and I truly am offended that so many are offended, and I also take offense to all the offending by the offenders who are, knowingly or not, guilty of the crime of offending. Whew!! Time for some chocolate.
    It is claimed to be the infamous Nazi salute in reverse.

I do agree that the PC movement has gone overboard but I can understand how people would be offended with this one.
    Duncanmc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnRapturedwithChrist View Post
    The article never explained why it was so anti-Semitic.

As far as I can see, the name just means dumpling.

Perhaps I am dense here but what do dumplings have to do with Jewish people???
    The JPost article in post #2 explains why it is so offensive.
    23rd Psalm (Hebrew)

Simon Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    The JPost article in post #2 explains why it is so offensive.
    Thanks. I did check that one out as well as another site that explained it in a $%#@&!! level of detail.

I am now up to speed on the "quenelle".
    iSong6:3 likes this.

Up to you, but the originator of the *salute* has repeated offenses of mocking the Holocaust. The French government recognizes the anti-Jewish intent.
    23rd Psalm (Hebrew)

Quote Originally Posted by EnRapturedwithChrist View Post
    Thanks. I did check that one out as well as another site that explained it in a $%#@&!! level of detail.

I am now up to speed on the "quenelle".
    Sorry, yes, we cross-posted.
    23rd Psalm (Hebrew)

It is claimed to be the infamous Nazi salute in reverse.
    It is claimed by those who choose to do so. But if we start allowing ourselves to be offended to the point where we are capitulating to every little organization,club, group, investigating what their hand gestures may mean or not mean, where does it end? This is yet another step toward total control of the populace, and those who offend by speech or gesture will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law that we weren't aware even existed.

Just wanted to add that I have always been offended by the original nazi salute, the swastica and the iron cross because of the evil those behind these symbols perpetrated on humanity.
    Slug-gun Hunter likes this.
    Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

LivnForChrist is offline Jesus Christ is Lord

I find it so hard to keep up with all that is offensive these days.
    I had no idea. Someone is going to have to make an encyclopedia of
    offensive gestures, looks, remarks. etc.
    Patiently... and IamPJ like this.

Simon Champion!

Sorry, yes, we cross-posted.
    Nah. Your post explained it to me well. It spurred me to check it out some more and then I posted.

The French government recognizes the anti-Jewish intent.
    And therein lies the problem. Eventually pointing one finger to the sky or folding our hands in a gesture of prayer will be deemed offensive as well. That is where we are heading, being hauled away to the brig for a gesture?
    Another thing, muslims in these countries are continually offensive in blatant hate speech toward Israel and the infidels, and hopefully as much is being done to curb that behavior as well.
    Slug-gun Hunter likes this.

Simon Champion!

And therein lies the problem. Eventually pointing one finger to the sky or folding our hands in a gesture of prayer will be deemed offensive as well. That is where we are heading, being hauled away to the brig for a gesture?
    Another thing, muslims in these countries are continually offensive in blatant hate speech toward Israel and the infidels, and hopefully as much is being done to curb that behavior as well.
    The comedian in question that started the gesture is a well known anti-Semite and knew exactly what he was doing.

Some things should simply not be allowed.

No one gets to tell the intended targets - Jews, Holocaust survivors - they shouldn't be offended by genocidal symbols against them. Imo, by targets, I'm including those who love the Jewish people and stand with them in solidarity.
    QuickeningSpirit and Aneriz like this.
    23rd Psalm (Hebrew)

No one gets to tell the intended targets - Jews, Holocaust survivors - what they should and shouldn't be offended by. Imo, by targets, I'm including those who love the Jewish people and stand with them in solidarity.
    I agree wholeheartedly. This individual should be corralled, as should the imams in the mosques, and anyone else inciting hatred with intent to harm others.

But that doesn't change how I see the direction of the control by governments,, and very soon the UN, in eradicating every last bit of freedom, which is where it's heading.

I agree wholeheartedly. This individual should be corralled, as should the imams in the mosques, and anyone else inciting hatred with intent to harm others.

But that doesn't change how I see the direction of the control by governments,, and very soon the UN, in eradicating every last bit of freedom, which is where it's heading.
    I hear ya, prophecy lets us know where the world is heading: a NWO ruled by a satanic dictator who will attempt genocide against Israel and believers in Jesus, much less loss of freedom of public expression.

But whether we like it or not, in lieu of individuals being saved, being indwelt by the Holy Spirit and having God's laws written on their hearts, we do need a government that makes and enforces laws meant to protect citizens from being wronged by other citizens.

There was even a Dispensation of Government, as well as one of Law. Governments' laws intended to reign in sin (at least somewhat) and punish lawbreakers is God's idea.
    Last edited by iSong6:3; December-30th-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: added a word
    23rd Psalm (Hebrew)

I hear ya, prophecy lets us know where the world is heading: a NWO ruled by a satanic dictator who will attempt genocide against Israel and believers in Jesus, much less loss of freedom of public expression.

But whether we like it or not, in lieu of individuals being saved, being indwelt by the Holy Spirit and having God's laws written on their hearts, we do need a government that makes and enforces laws meant to protect citizens from being wronged by other citizens.

There was even a Dispensation of Government, as well as one of Law. Governments' laws intended to reign in sin (at least somewhat) and punish lawbreakers is God's idea.
    Yes, and very soon when a Christian on the street quotes John 14:6 he will be hauled away to a camp for wronging the muslims, hindus, buddhists, etc., Satan has always turned excess govt. control against Christians and Jews.
    Last edited by iSong6:3; December-30th-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fixed quoted portion

It's the French government not the US government, and I don't believe we should stop doing what's right today due to fears of what may or not be tomorrow.

But okay, we just disagree, brother.
    23rd Psalm (Hebrew)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information