For the fulfillment of Ezekiel 38, 39, certain things have to occur.
One: an alliance between Russia (possibly including the Ukraine and Kazakstan as well)
and Persia (Iran) and Libya and Togermah (Turkey?) and Ethiopia (Somalia, Sudan, Ethiopia)
and Gomer (some unknown European peoples/nations).
Second: Israel must have or start to receive a VERY large number of cattle, sheep, goats, etc.
(Ezekiel 38:12), as well as receive a large influx of gold and silver (Ezekiel 38:13).
I was in Israel a few years ago and believe me! There aren't vast numbers of such herds, yet.
Third: Israeli Jews must feel safe (Ezekiel 38:14) from their enemies around them.
That certainly IS NOT the case today.
1) Russia has definite military links with (Persia) Iran.
Iran is an sworn enemy of Israel too.
2) Turkey is increasingly hostile to Israel.
3) Libya is on the verge of getting a new government.
4) Ethiopia (as well as Somalia and Sudan) for the most part use 'aging' Soviet/Russian military equipment today. That's not going to change.
So here are my forecasts (guesses) for the near-future of the Gog and Magog alliance.
1) Al Qaeda terrorist attacks will come to Ethiopia (which already has a population 1/3rd Muslim)
and result in Ethiopia's government coming to an 'agreement' with radical Muslims to turn that nation against Israel.
2) Libya's new government will soon experience Al Qaeda violence and terror that will force the new Libyan government to become an extremist Muslim nation at enmity with Israel.
3) Turkey will soon quit NATO and join in an military alliance with Russia.