Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I'm willing to go to jail for this.

Bookmark and Share
    makememeek is offline Citizen

Default I'm willing to go to jail for this.

Greetings.

Just north of the state of Montana, is the Canadian province of Alberta.

I have just be informed to my sorrow and disgust, that the supposedly 'conservative' government of Alberta is introducing
    legislation to make it ILLEGAL to teach children (by homeschooling)
    that "homosexual acts are a sin (as the Bible clearly shows).

Here's the link.

[LINK REMOVED BY MOD. WND LINKS NOT PERMITTED]

Warning; the link shows a provocative image of two infamous lesbians.

Sad, but it is clear evidence that Christ's return is near;
    and persecution of believers and churches in North America is
    NEARER.

This issue needs publicity, prayer and protest.
    And, since I have friends and brother's-in-faith, and visited churches in neighboring Alberta, I not only support them in spirit, I am willing to go to jail
    with them over this issue.

How many of you are willing to take that stand?

He who saves his life, shall lose it; he who loses his life for
    Christ's sake and the gospel's shall keep it unto life everlasting.
    Last edited by mattfivefour; February-29th-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Removed WND link.

Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

Default Re: I'm willing to go to jail for this.

Wow!! I had no idea the Canadian govt could be so intrusive!

mattfivefour is online now Super Moderator

Well, you cannot teach that as part of the official curriculum during your child's home-school lessons. But you most certainly can teach it at any other time at home. That has been made clear. The government's control only extends to formal education, not to home life.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Elijah's Mantle is offline Citizen

wow
    I see why ? you would be willing to even go to jail rather than take that garbage laying down

I so hope people do protest this

This business of demanding submission to this sort of stuff is beyond intrusive

Yet in the near future ,actually we can know from this it has already began

they do not want a diversity group of people
    they want everybody to be conditionally brainwashed it appears

and there is where they are attacking parents that choose to home school their children

Its disgusting people have to subject their children to this type of garbage

I agree with Mattfivefour. Unless dicussions of homosexuality is part of the required curriculum. That is the only reason it would need to be taught during homeschool hours.
    livin_in_the_Son likes this.

OnceWasLost is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by FaithInChrist View Post
    I agree with Mattfivefour. Unless dicussions of homosexuality is part of the required curriculum. That is the only reason it would need to be taught during homeschool hours.
    Yes!

At the dinner table one evening, homeschooler parents ask child about his/her day:

Mom/Dad: Well what did you learn is school today?

Child: The teacher said that homosexuality is a viable and acceptable life style.

Mom/Dad: Why did that come up in your class?

Child: It is mandated by the government to teach that, according to my teacher.

Mom/Dad: Well, The Bible says otherwise, so after dinner we will go to God's Word and show you. Also, when these things come up again, it's OK to ignore your teacher.

Child: I kinda figured you would say that.

Mom/Dad: Now go get an apple and take it to school tomorrow and tell your teacher how much you love them.

David T. McKee is offline Jesus is Truth

Frustrated Re: I'm willing to go to jail for this.

As I wrote in the comments on WND, I wish I lived in Alberta just so I could blatantly and publicly break this disgusting and horrific law. This is absolute male bovine fecal matter!

Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God!

And yes, if it happens here in America, I will gladly go to jail over this!
    Colossians 3:8 But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Dear God help me to take off these filthy cloths!

micah719 is offline an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40

Where you stand on sodomy is the new "Shibboleth". Approve it and you may exist in the colony....disapprove and you are non-human, anathema.

Hi, my middle name is anathema, nithe to meet you. Thodomy ith an abominathion. God thays tho, you wanna argue, take it up with Him.

Quote Originally Posted by David T. McKee View Post
    As I wrote in the comments on WND, I wish I lived in Alberta just so I could blatantly and publicly break this disgusting and horrific law. This is absolute male bovine fecal matter!

Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God!

And yes, if it happens here in America, I will gladly go to jail over this!
    "Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God!" Really??? Then surely the Holy Spirit did not inspire Paul when he wrote to slaves to be content in their slavery (1 Corinthians 7:21-24) and to obey their masters in faithfulness to them (Titus 2:9; Ephesians 6:5; Colossians 3:22)! Then surely the Holy Spirit did not inspire Peter to agree with that and to state that applied even to the cruelest masters (1 Peter 2:18)! Then surely the Holy Spirit did not inspire Paul when he wrote to those under the tyranny of Caligula, Claudius, Nero, etc, among some of the worst, cruelest, most terrible tyrants of history, not only to obey but to honor their government (Titus 3:1; Romans 13:1-2)! If we do not accept the teaching of these verses as the inspired word of God Himself, then we have no biblical Rock upon which to stand. We cannot pick and chose. And God's Word is clear.

The problem is, bro, that I am afraid you are confusing Republicanism or Democracy with Christianity. While the former two philosophies of government may have much of their precepts founded in Christianity, the latter has nothing to do with the former. We are called by God's own Word to live as witnesses of the gospel of Jesus Christ, not as revolutionaries or champions of an earthly Kingdom. And God frankly does not care whether you are a free man or a slave. He cares only that you live to obey Him in whatever condition He places you or permits you to be placed. And He cares that you daily surrender to His Spirit so that your Christian witness, the nature of Christ—godly love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control—is more and more manifested in you, giving testimony to the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are to live this way so, as God inspired Paul to write, "that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world." (Philippians 2:15) And as He inspired Peter to write: "Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men."

But, back to the point of my earlier post: people need to stop getting their knickers in a knot without stopping to consider what is actually being said. This restriction on what you can teach in a home school only applies to the time and the content of the child's actual official school lessons, not to anything else you say or teach your child in the home during the other 18 hours in a school day or during the 24 hours of any non-school day. In other words, speaking about the sin of homosexuality cannot be part of the official lesson; it can, however, (and for Christians must) be taught freely outside of that.
    Last edited by mattfivefour; March-1st-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." —1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Robert is offline Citizen

Well, frankly I'm not finding anything about this other than WND and the FUD sites. Are there any reports of this from solid news sources?

Nah, it's for real, bro. BTW I missed the WND link in the OP. I have removed it now.

Check out the Home Schooling Advocacy site. Their article is accurate. Canadian Province Imposing "Diversity Training" on Homeschools

------ ------ ------

RandallB is offline Citizen

"If God doesn't soon bring judgment upon America, He'll have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah!"
    Looks like Mr Graham is going to have to modify his statement to include Alberta...
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfivefour View Post
    "Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God!" Really??? Then surely the Holy Spirit did not inspire Paul when he wrote to slaves to be content in their slavery (1 Corinthians 7:21-24) and to obey their masters in faithfulness to them (Titus 2:9; Ephesians 6:5; Colossians 3:22)! Then surely the Holy Spirit did not inspire Peter to agree with that and to state that applied even to the cruelest masters (1 Peter 2:18)! Then surely the Holy Spirit did not inspire Paul when he wrote to those under the tyranny of Caligula, Claudius, Nero, etc, among some of the worst, cruelest, most terrible tyrants of history, not only to obey but to honor their government (Titus 3:1; Romans 13:1-2)! If we do not accept the teaching of these verses as the inspired word of God Himself, then we have no biblical Rock upon which to stand. We cannot pick and chose. And God's Word is clear.

The problem is, bro, that I am afraid you are confusing Republicanism or Democracy with Christianity. While the former two philosophies of government may have much of their precepts founded in Christianity, the latter has nothing to do with the former. We are called by God's own Word to live as witnesses of the gospel of Jesus Christ, not as revolutionaries or champions of an earthly Kingdom. And God frankly does not care whether you are a free man or a slave. He cares only that you live to obey Him in whatever condition He places you or permits you to be placed. And He cares that you daily surrender to His Spirit so that your Christian witness, the nature of Christ—godly love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control—is more and more manifested in you, giving testimony to the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are to live this way so, as God inspired Paul to write, "that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world." (Philippians 2:15) And as He inspired Peter to write: "Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men."...
    I am not confusing "Republicanism or Democracy with Christianity" - and had not the forefathers of our country taken up the idea that Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God, then there would never had been a United States of America, and all the good that was brought about because it existed. Not much of it exists anymore, I will give you that, and the USA had its share of sins, all the more so today. But God mightily used this nation, and that is a fact.

I sin if I provide the means to a government to enslave others or me. If I remove myself from the equation, then they may still do evil, but I have not helped them to do it. That is rebellion to tyrants. With regard to teaching my children, it is always right to teach what God says: Homosexual behavior is wrong. It is wrong when the kids are in school, or when they are not - and I am going to teach them it is wrong All the time, regardless of what the government says, because God says it is wrong all of the time.

-DTM
    Colossians 3:8 But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Dear God help me to take off these filthy cloths!

SteveJM is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by David T. McKee View Post
    I am not confusing "Republicanism or Democracy with Christianity" - and had not the forefathers of our country taken up the idea that Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God, then there would never had been a United States of America, and all the good that was brought about because it existed. Not much of it exists anymore, I will give you that, and the USA had its share of sins, all the more so today. But God mightily used this nation, and that is a fact.

I sin if I provide the means to a government to enslave others or me. If I remove myself from the equation, then they may still do evil, but I have not helped them to do it. That is rebellion to tyrants. With regard to teaching my children, it is always right to teach what God says: Homosexual behavior is wrong. It is wrong when the kids are in school, or when they are not - and I am going to teach them it is wrong All the time, regardless of what the government says, because God says it is wrong all of the time.

-DTM
    I appreciate your conviction and passion for what is clearly right. We should not teach our children that something is right when our God says it's wrong, period. I'm also in agreement with Mattfivefour, in regard to how we should treat authority. We have to separate ourselves from our American history and always side with God's word. The Bible is the final authority, not what our country's forefathers have declared. I'll take the words of Paul or Peter any day over Benjamin Franklin. Benjamin Franklin was a deist and freemason. If you study high level freemasonry you'll discover that who they call God is not the God of the Bible at least not our God, but rather the god of this world. The god of this world's character is one of rebellion against what he would call tyranny.

I am thankful to live in America and yes God has worked through this country. He also worked through Rome at the time of Jesus Christ's earthly ministry and the beginning of His church. Jesus came at the perfect time in history and He will return at the perfect time, and although Rome was pagan, God used it. Our allegiance is to our Creator and Redeemer. We should always submit to the authority of those who are over us, as long as in doing so we don't oppose our God. If we're forced to make a decision between the law of the land and God's truth, it's at that time that, in my opinion, we take our stand on truth and accept the judgement of our justice system whether it be just or not, much the same as Pastor Youcef is doing in Iran. I do agree with you that there are lines that should not be crossed. I will not blaspheme, bow down to the ant-christ or instruct my children that something is good when it's evil.

To avoid getting into an argument over the founding of America, I will just let my earlier comments stand and not respond to your latest post, Daniel. Suffice it to say, regardless of the rightness or wrongness about the founding of America, God has blessed her to the measure she honored Him. Love ya, bro ... along with all of our other brothers and sisters on here ... whether we see eye to eye about all things, or not. We are all Christs, if we have truly accepted Him as Savior and Lord, and that is all that we require ... we have been reborn by the same Spirit and in exactly the same way ... so, my brother, may the One who bought us and keeps us bless you and your home.

------ ------ ------

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJM View Post
    I appreciate your conviction and passion for what is clearly right. We should not teach our children that something is right when our God says it's wrong, period. I'm also in agreement with Mattfivefour, in regard to how we should treat authority. We have to separate ourselves from our American history and always side with God's word. The Bible is the final authority, not what our country's forefathers have declared. I'll take the words of Paul or Peter any day over Benjamin Franklin. Benjamin Franklin was a deist and freemason. If you study high level freemasonry you'll discover that who they call God is not the God of the Bible at least not our God, but rather the god of this world. The god of this world's character is one of rebellion against what he would call tyranny.

I am thankful to live in America and yes God has worked through this country. He also worked through Rome at the time of Jesus Christ's earthly ministry and the beginning of His church. Jesus came at the perfect time in history and He will return at the perfect time, and although Rome was pagan, God used it. Our allegiance is to our Creator and Redeemer. We should always submit to the authority of those who are over us, as long as in doing so we don't oppose our God. If we're forced to make a decision between the law of the land and God's truth, it's at that time that, in my opinion, we take our stand on truth and accept the judgement of our justice system whether it be just or not, much the same as Pastor Youcef is doing in Iran. I do agree with you that there are lines that should not be crossed. I will not blaspheme, bow down to the ant-christ or instruct my children that something is good when it's evil.
    Thanks - And believe me, I see your point about God being first. I do not buy all of the hype that some have portrayed with regard to the "Masonic conspiracy, Adam Weishupt, the Illuminati, etc, etc." I think a lot of that comes from the same whacked out conspiracy-theology the had us spinning Led Zeppelin records backwards on our turntables (remember them?) back in the '80s. Yes, some of the masons may have been into a more "generic" god of their own making, I do not believe this about Washington for example, as I have see some of his letters and prayers.

Nevertheless, what God says must be first, even if I chafe at it (which has, and no doubt will happen again)... But, we also have a responsibility to stand for freedom of the individual while we still have some. To abrogate that and say "It's Gods will" in a defeatist manner, is, I think, irresponsible.

-DTM

Quote Originally Posted by mattfivefour View Post
    To avoid getting into an argument over the founding of America, I will just let my earlier comments stand and not respond to your latest post, Daniel. Suffice it to say, regardless of the rightness or wrongness about the founding of America, God has blessed her to the measure she honored Him. Love ya, bro ... along with all of our other brothers and sisters on here ... whether we see eye to eye about all things, or not. We are all Christs, if we have truly accepted Him as Savior and Lord, and that is all that we require ... we have been reborn by the same Spirit and in exactly the same way ... so, my brother, may the One who bought us and keeps us bless you and your home.
    Agreed, in all things Charity.
    mattfivefour and billym like this.

OliveOilMom is offline Resident

If you homeschool your kids, or really if you just live in the same house with your kids (as most people do) you can teach them whatever you want to teach them. Unless the government wires up your house like they are going to film a reality show in there, there is no way they will find out. People have taught their kids all sorts of things, since the beginning of time. Things that were popular at the time and things that were not popular and things that were illegal and things that eventually became illegal.

Shoot, it was illegal in the Deep South to teach a slave to read, but many people sure did. People also teach immoral things to their children as well, like hatred based on race, religion, country of origin, etc. The government cannot ever successfully get into what parents teach their children, and any law that tries to is really just an "in name only" law, passed to pacify people from one fringe group or the other.

I wouldn't worry about what the government says that I can and can't teach my kids, and neither should you. Just teach them what you want to teach them, and don't tell the government. Why pay into their "thought police" system via fines, etc? Why not just do what you want to do anyway and not worry about it? It doesn't hurt anyone for you to teach your children your beliefs.

The government may say that they don't condone or accredit any course that teaches discrimination against any group, and thats their right. Just teach them what you want to teach them outside of that course. AFAIK, there isn't a course that kids take in school that would even need to go into any kind of gay rights issues etc, unless Canada has made gay marriage legal and the kids need to know the history of that. If that's the case, then simply teach them the history of how and when Canada approved it. Facts are not opinions, and there is no way to control someone's opinion. Just because a kid may have to learn "Canada approved gay marriage in such and such a year" doesn't mean that they or their parents approve of it. We know that Obamacare was signed into law two years ago but that doesn't mean that we approve of it.

If I were you, I'd just make a raspberry sound about that law and kick back and see how well they can enforce it. Cause they really can't. You can just not teach any opinions on it via cirriculum, but still teach it via Bible study, which AFAIK, the govt can't control.

makememeek is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Well, frankly I'm not finding anything about this other than WND and the FUD sites. Are there any reports of this from solid news sources?
    How about firsthand accounts from my Brothers and Sisters in Christ
    in Alberta?
    And if you are patient, you can also search the legislative website hansard for the Alberta government for legislation they have introduced and debated.

I could give you telephone numbers, but a moderator would probably
    delete it.

Robert is offline Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by makememeek View Post
    How about firsthand accounts from my Brothers and Sisters in Christ
    in Alberta?
    And if you are patient, you can also search the legislative website hansard for the Alberta government for legislation they have introduced and debated.

I could give you telephone numbers, but a moderator would probably
    delete it.
    Mattfivefour already answered about this and confirmed it: The Truth about the Alberta Law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information