Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MikeD
  • 1 Post By dave-o

Thread: Legal Battle Ignites Over Jesus Statue in Montana

Bookmark and Share
    Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

Default Legal Battle Ignites Over Jesus Statue in Montana

Hostile atheists in Wisconsin are having a problem with a statue in Montana. Some people have just too much time on their hands...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/25/us...ttle.html?_r=1

They call him Big Mountain Jesus: a six-foot statue of Christ, draped in a baby blue robe and gazing out over the majestic Flathead Valley from his perch along a ski run at the Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana.

He has been there for more than 50 years, erected by the local Knights of Columbus chapter in honor of the soldiers from the 10th Mountain Division who told of seeing similar shrines in the mountains of Italy during World War II.

These days, though, Whitefish’s Jesus statue is at the center of an increasingly bitter battle over the legality of such symbols on federal land.

An atheist group says that because Big Mountain Jesus stands on United States Forest Service property, it is in violation of the constitutional principle separating church and state.

Robert is offline Citizen

Default Re: Legal Battle Ignites Over Jesus Statue in Montana

Leave it to atheists to want to erase every reference, visual or otherwise, of Jesus Christ from the Earth.

Actually, we should call atheism what it truly is: spiritual anarchism. Anarchism seeks to destroy the foundation that has been laid in favor of egalitarianism and bohemianism. The result: a gigantic mess. And in spiritual anarchism, they seek to "tear down" God and replace him with a big, fat nothing, leaving an empty void that consumes all hope, making life a useless endeavor and resulting in nihilism ( the negation of the meaningful aspects of life) and hedonism (living completely for pleasure). In simpler terms, militant atheism is spiritual anarchism that seeks to destroy God, so that it can do what it pleases without any restraint or moral code to "weigh it down". So it should be no surprise that any representation of the Lord not only offends them but threatens them on multiple levels. Otherwise, if as they purport, God didn't exist, why would they try so hard to "kill" that which is not extant?

Scripture answers this:

"(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares." (Romans 2:14-16, NIV, emphasis mine)

MikeD is offline Citizen

"Leave it to atheists to want to erase every reference, visual or otherwise, of Jesus Christ from the Earth."

How horrible it will be when these people realize what they are doing is "erasing" their names from an eternal blessing with Jesus and gaining only an eternal horror of pain and punishment.

May God, by the awesome power of the Holy Spirt, move on some of these and bring them to salvation before it's too late!!
    Meg and readyforhome like this.

SonSeeker is offline Citizen

Atheism is by definition a belief in the non-existence of God. If they don't believe in God or Jesus Christ, then they are against a statue of a person who never existed!
    Ephesians 5:18 (New King James Version)

18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

I Come To The Garden Alone Hymn

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
    And He tells me I am His own;
    And the joy we share as we tarry there,
    None other has ever known.

dave-o is online now Citizen

It's ironic that one of their pet excuses is to blame all wars on God-belief. Really? WWI and WWII were religious wars? Our prisons are filled with God-believers? Really?
    readyforhome likes this.

Bobbi is offline Member

I have a question. Isn't having a statue of Christ against what God has said in his word about not making any graven image of anything on earth or in heaven? Even though it is Jesus, isn't it also a statue that might encourage people to pray to it instead of Jesus himself, which would make it an idol right?

myinnuendo999 is offline Citizen

How utterly sad. These people cannot get on with their lives. To make a big stink over the statue of Jesus just proves that they know God exists. If they truly believed God doesn't exist why don't their actions say so? Men who truly believe God doesn't exist don't go around acting like he does. They'd go on with their lives, eat drink and be merry.

All atheists should go live in communist countries with the same kind of people who don't believe in God neither and stop trying to revise our history and ram their hatred down the throats of people who love what freedom stands for. Just goes to show that atheists are earning the opprobrium they deserve

Pro 18:3 "When wickedness comes, so does contempt, and with shame comes disgrace."

"He who is pregnant with evil and conceives trouble gives birth to disillusionment. 15He who digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit he has made. 16The trouble he causes recoils on himself; his violence comes down on his own head. -Psalm 7:14-16

Abraham Lincoln said :

On April 30, 1863, President Lincoln proclaimed a national day of fasting and prayer. In making this proclamation he said:

"It is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God ... and to recognize the sublime truth, announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord .... We have been the recipients of the choicest blessings of heaven. We have been preserved, these many years, in peace and prosperity. We have grown in numbers, wealth and power as no other nation ever has grown; BUT WE HAVE FORGOTTEN GOD! We have forgotten the gracious Hand which preserved us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us; and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own."

readyforhome is offline Citizen

They do this in order to help their so called claims that this is not a Christian nation. As far as the statue being idol worship, yes if someone were to pray to it rather than to our saviour or the father in heaven then yes. What I think some believers should do is see about buying the small parcel of land that the statue is on so it wouldn't be on federally owned land. I'm wondering when its going to come down to people calling and or writing to complain about crosses and whatnot on private property. Oh, it offends me and or it might offend someone of another religion. I've read of what many atheists have put on various sites about not caring what one group does or does not believe in... Apparently until it comes to Christianity.:/ This was something I read when Herman Cain said people should be allowed to vote on whether they want a Mosque in their neighborhood. I DO NOT see nearly as much effort being put forth to attack/discredit any other religion on the planet. Then there is the ground zero Mosque which I really didn't hear any "concerned" groups complaining about, but when they found out about the cross on the site, they went ballistic.

Thread Information