Re: Education Day and the 7 Laws of Noahide
The seven laws listed by the Tosefta and the Talmud are
1. Prohibition of Idolatry: You shall not have any idols before God.
2. Prohibition of Murder: You shall not murder. (Genesis 9:6 )
3. Prohibition of Theft: You shall not steal.
4. Prohibition of Sexual promiscuity: You shall not commit any of a series of sexual prohibitions, which include adultery, incest, bestiality and anal sex between males (homosexuality).
5. Prohibition of Blasphemy: You shall not blaspheme God's name.
6. Dietary Law: Do not eat flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive. (Genesis 9:4, as interpreted in the Talmud (Sanhedrin 59a )
7. Requirement to have just Laws: Set up a governing body of law (eg Courts)
For those who were wondering.
Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things:
ct 15:29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.
If we can no longer trust words to be the faithful vessels to carry our thoughts to another person's mind, then our efforts to preach the true gospel become mired in a swamp of indistinct verbiage. As Paul said, "if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?" And who in the world will be able to distinguish the foe from the protectors and purveyors of the truth?