2 Timothy 1:13-14

Thread: 2 Timothy 1:13-14

Bookmark and Share
    Meg
    Meg is offline Citizen

Bible 2 Timothy 1:13-14

2 Timothy 1:13-14

13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. 14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
    This was the BibleGateway Scripture for today from their RSS feed. It speaks so strongly to my heart this morning as all the things that Jesus Christ has been doing in me come together and become permanent. I have found that everything that works against my victory in the Lord wars against me with great determination and invasiveness, so I must be constantly on guard, checking and rechecking what is trying to influence me and how this works.

As dismal as that sounds, the majestic triumph of progressive Sanctification (thank you for that insight, Mattfivefour, that was an important key), has unfolded in my life in direct defiance of every imaginable (or rather unimaginable circumstance...), and that the Holy Spirit has been doing exactly what He set out to do in spite of the opposition. That is what really shines this morning. Even though it usually looked like everything, or very nearly everything that could go wrong did, there is no doubt, I am no longer defined by my past. I am no longer defined by my damage. I am no longer defined by my sins. Therefore, this Sanctification, this freedom in Christ, this privilege of Christianity has become a very precious treasure to be defended, because the devil would very much like to steal or destroy what he very much cannot and will not kill.

In The Grand Weaver, Ravi Zacharias states that truth defines spirituality. This point is critically important, as most people think that spirituality defines truth. Most of us think or thought that discovering the spiritual means we have discovered a hidden truth, and therefore we had it backwards. Without truth to define the spiritual, the spiritual becomes chaotic, unstructured and therefore destructive. We really need absolute truth to define our spirituality, and the only absolute truth is the Word Of God, which is the Alpha and the Omega which will stand the test of Eternity.

Truth defines spirituality...

14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

In Christ...
    Last edited by Meg; January-16th-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Thread Information