Steven Furtick: People are Jealous of me cause I have a 16,000 Sq FT house
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Steven Furtick: People are Jealous of me cause I have a 16,000 Sq FT house

Bookmark and Share
    billiefan2000 is offline Citizen

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Default Steven Furtick: People are Jealous of me cause I have a 16,000 Sq FT house

btw:

furtick, ur church is being looked bad because of u, not cause of some reporter

================================================== ===============

Furtick Prepares His Church for News Report About His 16,000 SF "Not That Great of a House" Mansion

Steven Furtick, the pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC, is building a 16,000 square foot mansion - and according to Furtick an investigative reporter is asking questions about where the money came from.

In the middle of his sermon on "suffering" last week, Furtick told his church how HE is suffering for the Lord: by having to endure an investigative reporter ask questions about the financing of his mansion.

Wow, the pain and suffering of mega church pastors - how DO they endure such hardships? They must really love Jesus to suffer so much.

Watch the excerpt below from this sermon:

Furtick is Suffering for Jesus: Enduring the Questions of a Reporter About His Mansion on Vimeo

Furtick is "Suffering for Jesus": Enduring the Questions of a Reporter About His Mansion

Furtick is Suffering for Jesus: Enduring the Questions of a Reporter About His Mansion on Vimeo

In the video you saw that Furtick is preparing his congregation for the investigative report by claiming the reporter "wants to make our church look bad", and characterizes him as "a guy who might not like us."

It will be interesting if the investigative reporter gets anyone at Elevation to talk - since Furtick's church requires members and volunteers to sign a "Confidentiality Agreement", that prohibits anyone from disclosing:

"...the Church's finances, including personal financial/salary information related to the staff, the Church's financial statements, balance sheets, offerings information, cash flow, forecasts, and cost analyses."

And I'll leave you from a quote from Steven's Emmy-worthy performance on his "Hey Hater's" video, that I think accurately depicts the disdain that Furtick must have for a pesky reporter who wants answers to his questions about a local pastor building a mansion:

"Fall back! It's a new day! 'Cause we're not looking for approval from you, who give no respect and never neglect the chance to complain. Are you going to criticize, or create? Waste your time, casting stones, breaking bones, belittling everyone you consider opposed?...A new light has dawned to still the tongue of the cynic..."

Yes, a new light has dawned at Elevation Church, all right. It is the light of the free press, and the light of the inquisitive mind of an investigative reporter who has questions, and who wants answers.

Let your light shine, Mr. Investigative Reporter. Don't hide it under a bushel, let it shine, let is shine.
    bblnizflln likes this.
    http://prayerlistforrockstars.blogspot.com/
    http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Simon Champion!

Default Re: Steven Furtick: People are Jealous of me cause I have a 16,000 Sq FT house

I am not jealous at all of a man who wishes to build up treasures here on earth. Rather, I pity him.

Best that he repents and builds up treasures in heaven.

Default Re: Steven Furtick: People are Jealous of me cause I have a 16,000 Sq FT house

Luke 18:10-14 " Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!

Carl is offline Citizen

is blind!
    Barbasol likes this.
    Don't jump at me I'm no conclusion

David T. McKee is offline Jesus is Truth

Actually I need to correct some inaccuracies here... The "Church's finances, the Church's financial statements, balance sheets, offerings information, cash flow, forecasts, and cost analyses" are disclosed each year in a booklet that is handed out to each member and anyone else who wants one. I am also unaware of any such "non-disclosure" agreement - and I should know as I was the audio/video engineer for the E-Kids ministry for 2.5 years in the Matthews Campus. With regard to personal salaries, yes - I do not know if those are disclosed ever, they are not in the booklet however.
    Colossians 3:8 But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Dear God help me to take off these filthy cloths!

Quote Originally Posted by EnRapturedwithChrist View Post
    I am not jealous at all of a man who wishes to build up treasures here on earth. Rather, I pity him.

Best that he repents and builds up treasures in heaven.

I-Team: How a North Carolina "pastor" built a multi-million dollar home

by STUART WATSON / NBC Charlotte
    Bio | Email | Follow: @stuartwcnc

Posted on October 22, 2013 at 11:18 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – In the beginning, Steven Furtick created Elevation Church. He started with 14 members. Eight years later, his congregation on a given weekend can top 14,000 members. In sermons, Furtick said he hopes to top 100,000 members in the future.

“He's a rock 'n roll star,” said Chris Rosebrough, who runs Pirate Christian Radio, a podcast. “He’s not a club band anymore. He’s a stadium band.”

Elevation Church has given more than $10 million to charity, and hundreds of thousands of hours of volunteer work. Furtick himself is one part preacher, one part celebrity. He’s also his own brand, profiting from book sales and paid personal appearances around the world. The man who calls himself Pastor Steven has become more popular than the church he built, with four times as many followers on Twitter as Elevation Church itself.

Now, Steven Furtick is spending a lot of that money on a 16,000 square foot house in Weddington. It has 7 ½ bathrooms, according to building permits, which put the contract value of the house alone just shy of $1.4 million. The land cost another $325,000, for a total cost of more than $1.7 million.

more...

Here is the whole story: Elevation Church pastor building large home near Charlotte | State | The State

I would ask for prayer for my family and myself, as we have been members of Elevation for the last 6 years. I have quietly watched and read the various posts here on RF - many I disagreed with, at least initially. Now I don;t know.

I would ask for prayer for the members of our church. And for our pastor...

confused would be an understatement. Hurt too.

-dtm

UPDATE:
    Here is the actual property tax link: http://gis-web.co.union.nc.us/tax/Pr...x?PIN=06153015
    Last edited by David T. McKee; October-23rd-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: new link added.
    eyeonthesky likes this.
    Colossians 3:8 But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Dear God help me to take off these filthy cloths!

Barbasol is offline Citizen

David T. McKee likes this.

Steven Furtick's salary set by board comprised of other mega church pastors. NBC Investigative report.

I-Team: Pastor's salary set by board, not congregation | WCNC.com Charlotte

quote:

Furtick recruited a so-called “board of overseers” to set his salary.

The board is made up entirely of other megachurch pastors, just like him. Smith said to him, the board looks like a paper tiger.

“The financial well being of those guys are intimately intertwined.”

That means Furtick agrees to pay them to preach at Elevation, and they pay him to preach at their conferences or megachurches. “They attend each other’s conferences and are compensation for that regularly,” said Smith.

When Furtick held his Code Orange Revival last year, three of the headliners,

pastors Stovall Weems of Jacksonville, Fla.,

Perry Noble of Anderson South Carolina

and Kevin Gerald of Seattle, Washington
    were all board members at Elevation.

Those are three of the five votes that set Furtick’s salary.

Executive pastor James “Chunks” Corbett told NBC Charlotte that pastors get paid for appearances at Elevation Church, but said the pay is “small in scope,” and he won’t disclose the amounts.

“These guys scratch each others’ backs.

That’s not accountability.” said Chris Rosebrough, who runs a podcast/radio show called Pirate Christian Radio http://www.fightingforthefaith.com from his home near Indianapolis and is a critic of Furtick.

“All of the accountability in Steven Furtick’s church goes from the top down.”

Elevation Church was founded by, got loans through, and gives missionary money through Southern Baptists.

But unlike many Baptist churches, there are no elected deacons or elders here overseeing the church.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/iteam/I-Tea...229010291.html

While I have (and have had in the past) some concerns/issues with Mr. Rosebrough's "pirate radio", he is correct in his concern about how Elevation is set up with regard to how boards are created and how the finances are run. Growing up, I attended a small Dutch Reformed church in upstate NY, and there the pastor is "hired" by a board of deacons who are themselves elected by the laity. That board sets the salary of the pastor. The salary and all other financials are open records to both the laity and for that matter, the public. That makes sense to me. Jesus did not hide things. The church should not.

Anyway, thank you for your prayers - this is a very hard thing for my family and myself.

okk
    okk is offline Resident

To be honest I don't quite see the issue here: his church made a lot of money and has donated a lot of money to charity. Furtick has (apparently?) made a lot of money with his books and is building a really, really big house. Whether or not he is funding the construction of his house solely with revenue from his book sales or with proceeds from the church doesn't seem to be relevant, since he is the director and lead pastor of the church. In either case, his church donated 1.56 times the value of home (house is worth $1.6M, church donated $2.5M last year alone)...how many of us can say that charities we run have donated 1.56 times the value of our home in a single fiscal year?

Quote Originally Posted by okk View Post
    To be honest I don't quite see the issue here: his church made a lot of money and has donated a lot of money to charity. Furtick has (apparently?) made a lot of money with his books and is building a really, really big house. Whether or not he is funding the construction of his house solely with revenue from his book sales or with proceeds from the church doesn't seem to be relevant, since he is the director and lead pastor of the church. In either case, his church donated 1.56 times the value of home (house is worth $1.6M, church donated $2.5M last year alone)...how many of us can say that charities we run have donated 1.56 times the value of our home in a single fiscal year?
    I get that, and that was my "first" reaction... but I cannot get past the "hiding" of it, and the frankly childish way he said to our faces "It's not such a great house". Well, I guess compared to the one that Jesus has prepared for us, that is a true statement, but that is not what was meant here. It does not feel right to me in other ways I cannot yet define - I guess I would say I have a disquiet in my spirit. I want to know what is true here, and what I and my family should do. For now, it is prayer.

Thanks.

Poor Little Rich Pastor

Poor Little Rich Pastor | SLAUGHTER OF THE SHEEP

Posted on October 24, 2013 by Chrystal Whitt

Steven Furtick, pastor of Elevation Church, seems to like attention, however, he’s getting attention from a news organization that he may not be that fond of

WCNC, out of Charlotte, NC, is investigating Furtick, and what they want to know is how a pastor, who began his church eight years ago with only 14 members,

rose to such prominence in such a short time and managed to build a 16,000 sq. ft., $1.7 million home.

Wow! A pastor’s salary is GREAT these days.

Aren’t you glad Mr. Furtick is following the model of Jesus and…. wait… Jesus didn’t have any place to lay His head and, as far as we know, owned no personal property.

Never mind.

In the article, Furtick is described as “…one part preacher, one part celebrity.”

So, let’s see what that “celebrity” status has bought him:

“Now, Steven Furtick is spending a lot of that money on a 16,000 square foot house in Weddington.

It has 7 ½ bathrooms, according to building permits, which put the contract value of the house alone just shy of $1.4 million. The land cost another $325,000, for a total cost of more than $1.7 million.” (Online Source)

Whoa. Seven and one-half bathrooms. I have one and a half and can’t use more than one at a time!

Furtick claims the profits from his books built his house, but how can he get that much of a profit when his church was the ones who bought most of the books to begin with?

Fishy.

Of course, it’s a money racket anyway.

When asked about salaries, megachurch pastors are showing 0% transparency. Why? What’s to fear? And then there’s this…

That means Furtick agrees to pay them to preach at Elevation, and they pay him to preach at their conferences or megachurches.

“They attend each other’s conferences and are compensation for that regularly,” said Smith.

When Furtick held his Code Orange Revival last year, three of the headliners,

pastors Stovall Weems of Jacksonville, Fla., Perry Noble of Anderson, S.C., and Kevin Gerald of Seattle, were all board members at Elevation.

Those are three of the five votes that set Furtick’s salary.

Executive pastor James “Chunks” Corbett told NBC Charlotte that pastors get paid for appearances at Elevation Church, but said the pay is “small in scope,” and he won’t disclose the amounts. (Online Source)

It’s small, but won’t disclose the amount? I’m not buying it.

Oh, and one more thing…

Elevation Church was founded by, got loans through, and gives missionary money through Southern Baptists.

But unlike many Baptist churches, there are no elected deacons or elders here overseeing the church.

There is one man living in the Charlotte area who runs Elevation: Chunks Corbett

If you want to understand Elevation you have to understand his role.

As executive pastor, Corbett is at the center of Furtick’s organization.

In 2005 he incorporated Elevation Church.

In 2007, he incorporated Corban Properties Southeast – a for-profit company.

In 2008, he signed on as trustee for the Jumper Drive Trust that owns the Furtick’s home.

And in 2009, he incorporated Sun Stand Still Ministries – another non-profit.

All four list the same principal address: 11416 East Independence, Suite N, the location of the Matthews church. (Online Source)

Doesn’t sound much like a church, does it? It sounds more like a racket.

To learn more, please click here and here.

Poor Little Rich Pastor | SLAUGHTER OF THE SHEEP

I-Team: The blueprint of a megachurch | WCNC.com Charlotte

quote:

Furtick credits Ed Young Jr. and his C3 conference with showing him a blueprint for growing Elevation Church.

The conferences are one part organization and one part motivation, and Young invited Furtick himself to speak at C3.

“No conference has had a greater impact on my life and the life of our church than C3,” Furtick said in a web video. “Ed and Lisa Young showed me... the creative potential of the church.”

“Young was one of the early adopters of this new way of doing church,” said Chris Rosebrough who runs Pirate Christian Radio from his home in Indianapolis.

And Furtick patterned himself on Young in more ways than one:

•Young bought a 10,000 square foot home. Furtick bought a 16,000 square foot home.
    •Young's home is worth $1.5 million. Furtick's home cost $1.7 million.

•Young put his home in the name of Palometa Revocable Trust. Furtick put his home in the name of the Jumper Drive Revocable Trust.

“It sounds like Furtick is copying almost to the letter what Ed Young is doing here in Dallas,” said Ole Anthony, a church watchdog at the Trinity Foundation in Dallas.

“It's a job to them. It's a business. It's a way to make money.”

The most important connection between Ed Young and Steven Furtick? Young served on Furtick's board of overseers, which set Furtick's salary.

WFAA-TV, NBC Charlotte’s sister station in Dallas, Texas, reports that Young gets a housing allowance worth $250,000 dollars a year, tax-free.

more... I-Team: The blueprint of a megachurch | WCNC.com Charlotte

October 28, 2013

Fighting for the Faith: Steven Furtick's 16,000 sq ft Mansion

Steven Furtick's 16,000 sq ft Mansion

Program segments:

• Glenn Bleakney on Why We Need Signs and Wonders Today
    • Steven Furtick's 16,000 sq ft Mansion
    • Sermon Review: Greater: Dig Ditches by John Wilkinson of LCBC

Fighting for the Faith: Steven Furtick's 16,000 sq ft Mansion

Well... my "former" pastor has now hit the "big time" and was mentioned by Glenn Beck and is on The Blaze.

Should Pastors Live in Extravagant Homes? Preacher’s 16,000-Sq.-Foot House Sparks Debate | Video | TheBlaze.com

Guys... I cannot tell you how much this hurts and embarrasses me, my family and our witness. Now I have to tell people whom I had invited to church, to please go somewhere else. It stinks.

I want to move to Tennessee, find a farm, quit software, grow a garden, and find a tiny little church that preaches the word and only has a broken down piano for the music.

Well, anyway - enough glompin around, I still have a Savior who loves me and my family and all you guys, and that is an awesome thing!

Barbasol is offline Citizen

Glad to see your eyes have been opened. Come to Middle Tennessee! Moved here this past May and we are thrilled. People and place are wonderful!God fearing people everywhere!

okk
    okk is offline Resident

Is there any actual evidence that Furtick is using Church revenue to fund the construction of this massive house? All of the 'evidence' presented so far is circumstantial, so before I pick up my pitchfork I think the Christian thing to do is examine all of the details before forming an opinion.

Let's suppose he is only using his book sales revenue to construct his house. Is that so bad? What's wrong with living within our means, it's the ultimate conservative principle.
    guru03 likes this.

ok, u said

Let's suppose he is only using his book sales revenue to construct his house

my comment:

lets suppose u are right.

the fact Furtick promotes False Teachings in his books like Greater and Sun Stand Still (Furtick is a prosperity "gospel" promoter

that is bad cause he got his money and house through peddling false teachings and half-truths

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information