• 4 Post By billiefan2000
  • 3 Post By billiefan2000

Thread: Apostate preacher Joel Osteen rebukes Apostles for their teachings

Bookmark and Share

Default Apostate preacher Joel Osteen rebukes Apostles for their teachings

Osteen rebuke Apostles

Joel Osteen Rebukes Apostles Paul, Peter, and John

12 hours ago by Peter Michael Martinez 41 Comments41 Comments
    According to Joel Osteen – Pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, these first century apostles are wrong and outdated and he has come out boldly to infer indirectly that Apostles Paul, Peter, and John whom wrote much of the New Testament were wrong and need to be corrected and rebuked.

When asked directly if people whom are openly practicing homosexuals are accepted into the Kingdom, Joel Osteen responded with “Absolutely, anybody is.”

We all need to listen carefully to the words that this “man of God” speaks as he goes on interviews so we too can find the errors in the preaching of the first century apostles.

Joel does acknowledge that some things are “sin” but says, “I don’t address these things from the pulpit. They only come up in interviews.” When asked if openly practicing gay/homosexual people will be accepted into heaven, Joel Osteen responded, “I believe they will.”

Joel Osteen Brings Us Universalism

The doctrine of universalism is the belief that all people are “saved” no matter who you are or what you’ve done.

This is a new version of the “good news” that is MUCH BETTER than the message the Jesus and the Apostles preached 2,ooo years ago which was far too narrow according to the way Joel Osteen explains his “message.”

“I’m for everybody” says Joel Osteen, “I’m not into excluding people. Jesus can reveal himself to anybody.”

The idea is that since no one would be accepted if we are called to be “holy” then all have to be accepted. So goes this logic. This doctrine also believes that all roads lead to heaven so there is no one “way, truth, and life that leads to the father.”

According to Joel, “sin means to miss the mark” which stands in direct contrast to the teachings of many writers of the Bible that teach that sin is violation of God’s Holy Laws.

Joel gives us a more modern and relevant definition which many now are accepting wholeheartedly. Makes you wish you lived in Houston, doesn’t it?

According to the out of date writers of the Bible, the “wages of sin is death” for which blood is required and for which a sacrifice was presented. It sounds a lot more harsh to say SIN is TREASON punishable by death than to say it is “missing the mark.”

When asked about people who live in open sin, Joel smilingly said, “I’m not going to bash those people. I’m not going to be against those people. They’re good people.”

Joel’s wife recently said to Piers Morgan. “It’s the people that we’re after. We’re not trying to judge their sin. We want to encourage them and love them. You’re only going to win people by reaching out to them.”

Isn’t that so awesome! They are all about the people! They want you and I be accepted without having to discuss anything like repentance or righteousness. These are “judgmental” subjects that we just don’t need.

These modern day ministry giants have gone on national television to essentially correct Apostles Peter, John, and Paul to say … they are wrong … if you listen to Joel Osteen. So many across the nation are so proud of this Pastor and his courage in confronting the church fathers!

According to Joel Osteen, Apostle Paul erroneously stated to the Corinthians …

1 Corinthians 6:8-10 “Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.”

In saying this, according to Joel Osteen, Apostle Paul is being “exclusionary” and should be rebuked and corrected. He is obviously wrong and should never have said these things to the Corinthian church.

Corinth was known for its sexual openness and promiscuity so for Paul to “condemn” all these “good people” was completely out of order and he needs to be rebuked.

When Paul wrote to the Romans he also was in complete error in stating the following in the first chapter of his letter, according to Joel Osteen.

“And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.”

According to Joel Osteen, Paul was absolutely incorrect and to state that being a homosexual is a sin is being “judgmental” and should not be tolerated. It is just wrong according to Joel Osteen. Many people agree with Joel Osteen today and so, Apostle Paul is apparently misguided and incorrect in his letter.

Joel goes on to point out the additional errors in the words Apostle Paul wrote.

“Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.” Paul went on to write in the first chapter of Romans, which according to the words of Joel Osteen, he is deeply misguided and mistaken.

Apostle Paul should repent for saying such things according to Joel Osteen. A growing number of people in America agree with Joel that Apostle Paul should be rebuked for ever saying such things because Paul isn’t accepting of people like Joel Osteen is.

Equally misguided and incorrect according to Joel Osteen is Paul’s words to the Galatian church. In his writings, Apostle Paul made stunning comments that were clearly exclusionary statements concerning the Kingdom and those whom are accepted, and in so doing has made grave error according to Joel Osteen.
    domo60 and saintinlight like this.

Patiently... is offline Citizen

Default Re: Apostate preacher Joel Osteen rebukes Apostles for their teachings

Think of all the poor people he is leading by the hand straight into hell

Wow, how sad...

Clearly this reflects the character of the church at Laodicea, which was rich and had everything, yet poor, wretched, blind, naked and miserable. No wonder they make God sick.

These are indeed the last days.

Maranatha!!!

RandallB is offline Citizen

We need to remember that it is not what we do or have done but whether we have believed in the Lord's finished work at the cross and His resurrection that matters.

For some reason the author above kept referring to what people did and their lifestyles as the cause for their not being in Heaven. Those have NOTHING to do with whether people get into the Kingdom or not.

The author quotes 1 Corinthians 6:8-10 but for some reason does not quote v 11 .. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

And such was I.

And I still do bad stuff. In fact some might say that I have a lifestyle of doing bad stuff.

We cannot judge peoples lifestyles as to whether they are saved or not. We can judge if we see positive fruit, positive changes after they have accepted the Lord. But we cannot judge if we don't. It is perfectly correct to be "extremely concerned" if we do not see changes after someone has stated they have accepted the Lord. But we need to leave it up to the Lord.

Actions and thoughts of homosexuality, as well as stealing, lying, gossiping, fornicators, etc. all have the exact same consequence after we have been saved. The consequence is a break in the relationship with our Father. The remedy for that consequence is to confess to the Lord and ask forgiveness which will be granted and we are washed clean. The penalty (separation from the Father) for those and all our other sins was paid fully and permanently at the Cross for all those that have accepted the Free Gift.

It really bothers me when someone uses deeds and works as entrance exams for the Kingdom as the above author does especially when he partially quotes the 1 Corinthians 6:8-11 passage and never once mentions the gospel of how people truly get into the Kingdom -- not by works but by faith.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

SkyRider is offline Citizen

Joel Osteen peddles a Cotton Candy gospel; it tastes sweet, but has no substance.
    Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew
    He offers up a lot of fluff that "tastes great" but is "less filling"
    Cover it with choc'late and a miracle or two
    The interview he did years ago with Larry King was just embarrassing.
    The Candy Man can, oh the Candy Man can
    Larry was trying to pepper him with questions regarding sins and where Joel stood on them
    The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good
    and he continually deflected any harsh criticisms of labeling specific sins by his aw-shucks replies of "Oh, gosh Larry...I don't know"
    Who can take a rainbow, wrap it in s sigh
    He had the perfect forum to present the true gospel, but instead chose to tap dance and skate away from calling sin what it is.
    Soak it in the sun and make a groovy lemon pie
    He epitomizes what was foretold eons ago of what type of preachers would appeal to the masses during these end times, who only want their ears tickled.
    The Candy Man, the Candy Man can
    It would be laughable, if it wasn't so tragic. He offers up nothing.
    The Candy Man can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good
    Just keep flashing those bleached pearly whites, with his perfectly coiffed hair, "teach" a feel good message and fill up those pews.
    The Candy Man makes everything he bakes satisfying and delicious
    Talk about your childhood wishes, you can even eat the dishes

Its sad to say, but this is what some crave.

LivnForChrist is online now Jesus Christ is Lord

Thanks Sky now I'm never going to get that song out of my head.
    Last edited by LivnForChrist; October-16th-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    ReadyforSupper likes this.

Daniel is offline US Veterans Flag 1776

FaithInChrist,

Thank you for posting this.
    We have a couple of friends who consider us 'haters' since we don't think too much of Joel Osteen.
    ReadyforSupper likes this.

paidinfull is offline Citizen

Sin is an old English word that comes from archery and it means to miss the mark and the fallen arrows that missed the target were called sinners. In the Bible God gives us the mark to aim for - simply keep His law... all of it. If we break one law we are guilty of all the law for we are a lawbreaker and God makes it clear where we stand in this test...

Isa.53: All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Rom.3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. (from Ps.53: 2&3)

God is very clear about homosexuality from Old Covenant to New Covenant and this is because He is the Judge. I don't need to judge anyone as it is not my job. Jesus didn't come to condemn, He come to save... but just as Jesus was subject to the Law and fulfilled it so are all of us subject to God's Law.

So really this is a legal matter that the Judge has been very clear about it... Num.23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

And He gives us testimony Jude 1:7 - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

So we are not in any doubt that He is clear about the offense, His eternal damnation of sin (homosexuality in this instance) but also His willingness to forgive the repentant sinner who acknowledges the guilt of missing the mark or transgressing God's Law, and who puts their faith in Jesus death for their sins.

Now Joel has a job to do to fulfill God's Word and he's doing it. He has a very seductive, kind offer and he's obviously a very nice man who is opening wide the gates to hell along with the pope and lot's of other false teachers. He doesn't want to upset anyone so he won't call sin SIN and won't talk of hell and judgment and rightly so, because anyone who examines these matters with an open mind will end up full of the fear of God and crying out in tears for Jesus to save them from the coming wrath of God.

You can't smile through these matters because we all face the appointment with God and it is the most confrontational, terrifying, soul searching, exposing of every sin of transgression and every sin of omission beyond imagining. To be a sinner in the hands of God in His full anger because you not only flipped the bird at His Law but rejected His Son's offer of salvation will turn out to be the widest gate for the largest number of souls.

So Joel can't go round being Mr. NiceGuy and smiling and welcoming everyone if he understood the truth and preached it. So he has to do the complete opposite of the apostles and tell everyone in effect that God is like a capricious king who makes arbitrary laws and then Joel can feel free to disagree with the apostles, the Bible and God.

Joel is a nice guy and he's also an evil man: not my judgment but God's Word because Joel commends very serious lawbreaking..

1Ti 4:1 KJV Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Ti 3:13 KJV But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 2Ti 4:3-4 KJV 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2Pe 2:1-3 KJV But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

billiefan2000 is online now Citizen

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently... View Post

Think of all the poor people he is leading by the hand straight into hell

I agree

and the arrogance and pride of folks like Warren and Osteen and Furtick thinking they are more important or know better than the apostles is shocking and troubling to say the least.
    http://prayerlistforrockstars.blogspot.com/
    http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    FaithInChrist,

Thank you for posting this.
    We have a couple of friends who consider us 'haters' since we don't think too much of Joel Osteen.
    I have friends who see me as a "HATER" cause I am not a fan of the NAR crowd and seeker-driven "pastors" like Osteen

I prefer to be called a Berean, not a HATER.

but it is a sign of the times though for many churches nowadays (see 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Quote Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
    I have friends who see me as a "HATER" cause I am not a fan of the NAR crowd and seeker-driven "pastors" like Osteen

I prefer to be called a Berean, not a HATER.

but it is a sign of the times though for many churches nowadays (see 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Matthew 22:14

(Bereans, absolutely, haters? Haters of sin, not sinners, we're all sinners.)
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!

Simon Champion!

Luke 9:26

New King James Version (NKJV)

26 For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyforSupper View Post

Matthew 22:14

(Bereans, absolutely, haters? Haters of sin, not sinners, we're all sinners.)

:amen:

Haters is used a slur for discerning Christians by false teachers,

when that word should be used on false teachers (cause they seem to hate the truth)

Thread Information