JESUS CULTURE AND JUDAH SMITH TO JOIN PIPER, MOORE, CHAN AND OTHERS AT GIGLIO’S PASSION 2013
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EnRapturedwithChrist
  • 1 Post By Tom Bonvie

Thread: JESUS CULTURE AND JUDAH SMITH TO JOIN PIPER, MOORE, CHAN AND OTHERS AT GIGLIO’S PASSION 2013

Bookmark and Share
    billiefan2000 is offline Citizen

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Default JESUS CULTURE AND JUDAH SMITH TO JOIN PIPER, MOORE, CHAN AND OTHERS AT GIGLIO’S PASSION 2013

JESUS CULTURE AND JUDAH SMITH TO JOIN PIPER, MOORE, CHAN AND OTHERS AT GIGLIO’S PASSION 2013
    By Ken Silva pastor-teacher on Jan 1, 2013 in Current Issues, Features

By Christian Research Network Associate Editor Erin Benziger of Do Not Be Surprised…
    This is a repost of an original article on Do Not Be Surprised…

A new year means a fresh batch of conferences.

And a fresh batch of conferences means a whole new crop of questionable decisions being made by the leaders and organizers of those gatherings.

To start off the 2013 conference season is Louie Giglio’s Passion 2013.

Held at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, it will run from 1–4 January. Giglio aims this gathering specifically at young people, and according to the event’s website, last year saw “more than 40,000 students and leaders from around the world” at the US event.

Source

Passion targets the younger generation with such high-profile names as Beth Moore, John Piper, Francis Chan, rapper Lecrae and this year, pastor Judah Smith of The City Church in Seattle and popular Christian band, Jesus Culture.

Who Is Judah Smith?

Judah Smith has been profiled briefly here before when, in May of this year, Smith invited Word Faith teacher Brian Houston of Hillsong Church (who, incidentally, just preached weekend services at Rick Warren’s Saddleback Church) to preach at The City Church.

Oddly enough, New Calvinist pastor Mark Driscoll was excited about the invitation, even encouraging his Twitter followers to attend.

Judah Smith co-pastors his church with his wife, Chelsea, making the Reformed Driscoll’s endorsement even more perplexing. The presence of a pastrix at The City Church ought not surprise, though, when it is considered that this church was founded by Judah’s parents, pastor Wendell and pastrix Gini Smith:

Source

The reader will note that, in the screenshot above, it states that Wendell and Gini Smith originally served under Dick Iverson at Bible Temple in Portland.

According to C. Peter Wagner’s book Apostles Today: Biblical Government for Biblical Power, Iverson was the “founder of one of America’s foremost apostolic networks, Ministers Fellowship International, out of Portland, Oregon.” So it sounds as though The City Church has some rather colorful roots.

Who Is Jesus Culture?

Speaking of colorful, this leads to the concerning inclusion by Louie Giglio of the “Christian” music group, Jesus Culture.

The group’s website tells us that it was spawned out of the youth group at Bill Johnson’s Bethel Church in Redding, California.

For those who are unfamiliar with Johnson and Bethel, the following video shares some of the “signs and wonders” shenanigans that take place there, and also demonstrates some classic Bill Johnson Scripture-twisting:

Now, one could camp for quite awhile on some of the statements made by Johnson in that video, but since Johnson is not under discussion here, we’ll move on.

The point is, of course, that this is the church that birthed the Jesus Culture phenomenon.

The entirety of Jesus Culture’s “About Us” page warrants a close examination, and will aid in understanding why Christians should be concerned that this band is being mainstreamed by men like Louie Giglio:

The choice of words in the paragraphs above is curiously alarming. The language surrounding a “new breed of revivalists” emerging is of particular interest, as such vocabulary is prominent within the New Apostolic Reformation movement.

Note also that the group claims direct revelation and instruction from the Lord Himself.

The members of Jesus Culture claim that the Lord spoke to them, revealing the characteristics of their movement (which noticeably does not include repentance or sanctification, only love and supernatural experience),

commissioning them to “mobilize this new breed,” and in so doing issued a mandate to Jesus Culture that cannot be ignored.

Taking this to its logical conclusion, then, to question the actions or words of Jesus Culture and its members is to question God Himself.

Examination of this website further reveals that the goal of this group is to lead people into an experience or an “encounter” with God. It seems that truth may be cast aside in favor of temporary and potentially deceiving experiences.

The Music of Jesus Culture

It behooves us, then, to see just how it is that the music of Jesus Culture may lull the professing Christian teenager into a so-called “encounter” with God. Below you will witness the group leading the crowd in a repetitive mantra, followed by some singing and what appears to be tongues-speaking. The clip will close with band member Kim Walker-Smith breaking into spontaneous prayer and declaration.

The repetition of the mantra “Jesus” at the beginning of the clip, while appearing to be spiritual, actually potentially could lead a person into an altered state of consciousness.

Contemplative prayer, which is little more than a “Christianized” version of Eastern meditation,

often encourages such a practice, as one seeks to journey inward to discover the “divine spark” within oneself. Yet, Scripture nowhere teaches this type of praise or prayer, but rather condemns the practices of pagan religions.

Also of note in the clip above is the apparent spontaneous breakout into tongues at approximately 2:30, following the singing of the line, “Heaven beckons to me.”

The fact that these were nothing more than gibberish and were not a known language, as per the biblical definition of ‘tongues,’ ought to cause concern as well.

In watching and listening to Jesus Culture, it does not take long to realize that the focus of their music and teaching is all about an experience of “God’s love.”

Yet, without acknowledging the righteous wrath of God, His love can never fully be understood or appreciated. Unfortunately, a warm-fuzzy feeling up and down one’s spine does not a true Christian make.

The “Teaching” of Jesus Culture

Jesus Culture does more than simply play music, however. It seems that, at times, various members of the group also may preach or teach. Below is Jesus Culture member Kim Walker-Smith preaching to a large crowd at the Awakening 2011 event, and offering a rather detailed account of her own personal encounter with “Jesus.” This video is a bit lengthy, but the reader is urged to watch it in its entirety.

Kim Walker-Smith claims that she spoke with Jesus, that He cuddled her, and that she saw God the Father. And while she acknowledges that such visions are not regular occurrences, she nevertheless indicates that she’s had multiple encounters with Him.

One wonders how many people sitting amongst that large crowd left disappointed that night that they had not “encountered” Jesus as Kim Walker-Smith claimed that she had.

Walker-Smith’s recollection of the vision is natural, and seems to presume that everyone should experience such a thing.

Yet, when face to face with God Almighty, how did Isaiah react?

In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said:

“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”

And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!” (Isaiah 6:1–5)

And Ezekiel?

And above the expanse over their heads there was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was a likeness with a human appearance. And upward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were gleaming metal, like the appearance of fire enclosed all around.

And downward from what had the appearance of his waist I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness around him. Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell on my face…(Ezekiel 1:26–28)

Moses, who we are told spoke to the Lord as a man speaks to a friend (Exodus 33:11), was not even allowed to see Him in all of His glory!

Moses said, “Please show me your glory.” And he said, “I will make all my goodness pass before you and will proclaim before you my name ‘The LORD.’ And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy. But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.” And the LORD said, “Behold, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock, and while my glory passes by I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back, but my face shall not be seen.” (Exodus 33:18–23)

Not one of these men, after a brief moment of awestruck fear, “fell into Jesus’ arms” as Walker-Smith claims that she did. Not one describes God the Father running around deliriously and laughing while Isaiah or Ezekiel danced around in a music box.

So to Kim Walker-Smith’s claims above that she has spoken personally with Jesus Christ and God the Father, I would like to offer this challenge: Prove it.

And while you’re at it, disprove this: God just spoke to me and told me that you are lying, Kim Walker-Smith. Don’t believe me? Well, who is to say that your experience was real and mine was not?

Christian, herein lies the grave danger of such claims of personal revelation and visitations from God. They cannot be proven and they are not Scriptural. If they are to be found in Scripture, they appear to be more indicative of the deceptive angel of light (2 Cor. 11:14–15) than anything else.

Parents, if your teenager is attending Passion 2013 this week, this is the type of so-called Christian leaders to whom they are being exposed. This is the type of music that will bombard their eardrums during these four days. If your impressionable teen is wandering in the crowd of Passion 2013, it is my prayer that you will pray mightily for his or her protection.

What Happened at Passion 2012?

As a reminder, last year’s Passion Conference saw the featured speakers lead the humongous crowd in a troubling display of “Lectio Divina-lite.” In the post, “Biblical Silence vs. Mystical Silence and What Really Went On at Passion 2012?” the topics of contemplative prayer and lectio divina were discussed more thoroughly. The following videos of Session 5 of the Passion 2012 conference also were shared in that article.

Here is popular New Calvinist preacher John Piper:

Here we see the SBC’s favorite female Bible teacher, Beth Moore:

And here is Passion founder Louie Giglio closing this session:

Of special note are the words spoken by Giglio at the close of this exercise:

How many of you heard the voice of God speak specifically, clearly, directly, and personally, to you? Can you just put a hand up? I’d like you to share it. Can you put a hand up for a minute?

Just want you to look around; that’s people saying, “God Almighty (pause) the Maker of heaven (pause) the one Who’s sitting on the only throne (pause) that’s not under threat (long pause, audience cheers)—He spoke to me. He spoke to me.”

“God spoke to me.” (long pause) Don’t let the voice of the darkness, tell you that you are not (pause) worth (pause) that God would not speak to you. (pause) Don’t let him tell you, you don’t matter. (pause) God spoke to you.

As was asked in last year’s reporting of this event: When did Protestant leaders begin to teach that we need the Bible “plus” anything? God has spoken.

He has graciously, clearly, and perfectly spoken in His Word. We have no need to be still and wait for His audible voice outside of Scripture. He has not stuttered. He has not stammered. He has not whispered. If you want to hear from God Almighty, open your Bible and read.

Until Passion 2013 commences, there is no way to know if a similar exercise will be practiced again. Alive stream of the event will be provided, and those who are concerned may want to take the time to watch some of the sessions.

Conclusion

It is important to note that this article is not attempting to throw anyone under the guilt-by-association bus.

No one is saying that, because one of these individuals will be sharing the stage with another that they necessarily endorse that other person’s ministry.

Of course, that does not speak to the wisdom of certain speakers choosing to participate in this event.

What must be acknowledged, however, is that simply by extending an invitation to these individuals,

Passion founder Louie Giglio is issuing an apparent endorsement of each one’s ministry. For those who maintain that Giglio is a conservative and trusted teacher, this poses a rather complicated problem.

Evangelicalism appears to be taking broader strides toward the wide road of destruction. Compromise is rampant as numbers take priority over fidelity to Scripture.

These are not small issues, dear Christian.

What we are witnessing is the mainstreaming of movements that once existed only on the fringe of the “Christian” community, such as Word Faith and dangerous, deceptive “charismatic chaos.”

In the face of the visible church’s compromise, the true Christian must stand on God’s Word alone.

To ground oneself upon anything else is to guarantee a certain, perhaps eternal, collapse.

http://apprising.org/2013/01/01/jesu...-passion-2013/
    http://prayerlistforrockstars.blogspot.com/
    http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

GlennO is offline Citizen

Default Re: JESUS CULTURE AND JUDAH SMITH TO JOIN PIPER, MOORE, CHAN AND OTHERS AT GIGLIO’S PASSION 2013

Consider the words of Omar M. Ahmad, founder of CAIR: "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant." ... "The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America , and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."

Simon Champion!

Default Re: JESUS CULTURE AND JUDAH SMITH TO JOIN PIPER, MOORE, CHAN AND OTHERS AT GIGLIO’S PASSION 2013

*Ugh*

I have read a few of Francis Chan's books.

Really disappointed to hear that he's part of this.
    billiefan2000 likes this.

FFTF radio show review

Fighting for the Faith: Problems at Passion 2013

January 02, 2013
    Problems at Passion 2013

Program segments:

• Patricia King's Prophetic Insights for 2013 Pt. 1
    • Problems at Passion 2013 Part 1
    • Sermon Review: Random Acts of Christmas by Linn Winters of Cornerstone Church of Chandler Arizona

Fighting for the Faith: Problems at Passion 2013

LOUIE GIGLIO, PASSION 2013, AND JESUS CULTURE
    By Ken Silva pastor-teacher on Jan 2, 2013 in AM Missives, Current Issues, Features

I told you here at Apprising Ministries in Beth Moore And John Piper Set For Passion 2013 With Louie Giglio that once again those two well-respected mainstream evangelicals would be appearing at Giglio’s Passion conference which, as of this writing, is in full swing.

Here’s some notables in the lineup for this year:

(source)

Giglio, Chan, Moore and Piper return to Passion from last year and now we have sinfully ecumenical emerging musician David Crowder[1] added to the mix. Another couple of special guests are:

(source)

I covered ecumenical evangelical magisterium candidate Judah Smith previously in Judah Smith With Justin Bieber’s Swag Coach Ryan Good and Charismatic Quasi-Prosperity Preacher Judah Smith; seen below in a skateboarding contest with pop singer Justin Bieber:

00:0000:0000:00

The focus here is upon a group called Jesus Culture, which had previously been flying under the radar. Not anymore. In Jesus Culture And Judah Smith To Join Piper, Moore, Chan And Others At Giglio’s Passion 2013 by Christian Research Network Associate Editor Erin Benziger she tells us:

The group’s website tells us that it was spawned out of the youth group at Bill Johnson’s Bethel Church in Redding, California.

For those who are unfamiliar with Johnson and Bethel, the following video shares some of the “signs and wonders” shenanigans that take place there, and also demonstrates some classic Bill Johnson Scripture-twisting:

(source)

Since Bill Johnson isn’t the focal point, here I’ll just let you know that:

Bill and Brenda Johnson are the Senior Pastors of Bethel Church in Redding, California. Bethel Church is firmly aligned with the Word-Faith movement and identifies with the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR),

or the Third Wave Movement with its “prophets,” “apostles,” and alleged manifestions. Bill Johnson is called an “apostle” by C. Peter Wagner (See TBC 5/97, 2/07).

His theology has amounted to what some call a “ de facto denial of the deity of Christ.” (source)

Obviously, we’re dealing with an absolute theological train wreck at Bethel Church (BC). However, as Benziger points out, this is the pastor and pastrix and church from which the Jesus Culture (JC) phenomenon has come.

This isn’t guilt-by-association; it is a fact. JC tells us so right on their Facebook page, as you see below:

(source)

So, JC itself is quick to point out that they’re not “just a band, but…a ministry of Bethel Church.”

Therefore, now that Louie Giglio has made the decision to bring JC to his Passion 2013, JC itself witnesses for BC.

As such, we have every right to examine the theology taught to JC by pastor Bill and pastrix Brenda at their BC since they are an extension of that church. This all goes to the credibility of JC and their ministry.

In closing this out. for now, we return to Erin Benziger’s earlier post under the subheading The “Teaching” of Jesus Culture where she informs us:

Jesus Culture does more than simply play music, however.

It seems that, at times, various members of the group also may preach or teach. Below is [a video of] Jesus Culture member Kim Walker-Smith preaching to a large crowd at the Awakening 2011 event, and offering a rather detailed account of her own personal encounter with “Jesus.” (source)

Walker-Smith’s JC bio contains confirmation that for her and husband Skyler, “Bethel Church in Redding, CA is our home church,” and this peculiar phrase that sounds like a Jehovah’s Witness: “Holy Spirit is my friend.”

As Benziger pointed out, the video clip below comes from a longer video entitled Preaching Kim Walker-Awakening 2011, which is 47:36 minutes of a rambling hyper-charismatic message of seeking “God’s presence.”

The clip comes about two-thirds of the way in. I caution you that what you’re about to hear quickly goes from mildly annoying to blasphemous. It also become quite clear that Kim Walker-Smith is spiritually clueless.

Before we get to that, it’s important that I give you the proper context from which to view the over-arching mission of JC. We get a clearer picture as to just how nefarious this group is spiritually looking at Awakening 2011 (A2011).

You need to understand that A2011 was put on by the JC ministry itself, as in The Jesus Culture Awakening 2011 and was:

(source)

Now here was the lineup for this JC A2011 followed by an exclusive Apprising Ministries video clip of the main event promo combined with those of JC’s pastor Bill Johnson, Reinhard Bonnke, NAR apostlette Cindy Jacobs[2] and NAR apostle Lou Engle[3]:

(source)

00:0000:0000:00

Here’s what “apostle” Lou Engle prophesied for Jesus Culture to be a part of and what Louie Giglio’s now brought to Passion 2013 for his Jesus Generation:

(source)

Against this Erin Benziger gives you a little preview of the fables you’re about to hear from Jesus Culture preachette Kim Walker-Smith. Benziger’s actually uses a very understated tone as she tells us:

Kim Walker-Smith claims that she spoke with Jesus, that He cuddled her, and that she saw God the Father.

And while she acknowledges that such visions are not regular occurrences, she nevertheless indicates that she’s had multiple encounters with Him.

One wonders how many people sitting amongst that large crowd left disappointed that night that they had not “encountered” Jesus as Kim Walker-Smith claimed that she had.

Walker-Smith’s recollection of the vision is natural, and seems to presume that everyone should experience such a thing. (source)

Here’s the bottom line: All of this kind of WF/NAR skubalon is what Louie Giglio, John Piper and Beth Moore have now just helped expose your youth to at Passion 2013. Are we really ok with that?

LOUIE GIGLIO, PASSION 2013, AND JESUS CULTURE : Apprising Ministries

January 03, 2013
    More Problems at Passion 2013

Program segments:

• Jesus Culture's Kim Walker-Smith's "Cuddle Time with Jesus"
    • Judah Smith Bible Twisting RE: Community at Passion 2013
    • "Sermon" Review: Prophetic Word for 2013: Renaissance is Here by Johnny Enlow, Daystar, Atlanta, GA

Fighting for the Faith: More Problems at Passion 2013

Brannon Howse: Aired January 3, 2013 | Worldview Weekend

Brannon's guest is Chris Rosebrough.

Topic: Brannon and Chris discuss Passion 2013 taking place in Atlanta, Georgia with 60,000 Christian college students in attendance.

Brannon and Chris break down some of the things being taught that do not line up with the Bible as well as analyze the worldview of speaker Judah Smith and organizer Louie Giglio.

Topic: One of the musical groups at Passion 2013 is a group called Jesus Culture.

Research Erin Benziger reports that this music group came out of the Church of New Apostolic Reformation proponent and Pastor of Bethel Church in Redding, California; Bill Johnson.

Erin reports that one of the band members by the name of Kim Walker-Smith claims that she spoke with Jesus and that He cuddled her. Is this the promotion of mysticism?

Topic: Has the Passion 2013 conference been conveying a worldview of social justice, dominion theology, community and collective salvation and if so how?

Topic: Why is Passion 2013 a perfect example of how the right and left are merging both politically and spiritually? Part two will air Friday and will look at how Passion 2013 is promoting social justice among other dangerous and unbiblical philosophies.

Tom Bonvie is offline Resident

Apostasy Re: JESUS CULTURE AND JUDAH SMITH TO JOIN PIPER, MOORE, CHAN AND OTHERS AT GIGLIO’S PASSION 2013

I read as much as I could without "barfing".

In lieu of launching a scathing attack on these "donkeys"...I will quietly recede with my usual rule of thumb:

"IF IT'S NEW, IT'S NOT TRUE."
    billiefan2000 likes this.

Fighting for the Faith: Louie Giglio Twists Ezekiel 37

January 07, 2013
    Louie Giglio Twists Ezekiel 37

Program segments:

• Does John 14:26 say that the Holy Spirit Will Speak in Your Heart?
    • Louie Giglio Twists Ezekiel 37 at Passion 2013
    • Sermon Review: Only For a While by Brian Houston preaching at Saddleback Church

Fighting for the Faith: Louie Giglio Twists Ezekiel 37

Surph's Side: Piper Denounces Prosperity Teachers on Sunday and Shares the Platform With Them That Week

Piper Denounces Prosperity Teachers on Sunday and Shares the Platform With Them That Week

"Christian"Post reports:

Piper Denounces Prosperity Preachers, Playful Worship in Last Sermon

""If you entice people with wealth, ... ease, health, chipper, bouncy, light-hearted, playful, superficial banter in your worship service posing as joy in Christ, you will attract people, oh yeah, you can grow a huge church that way.

But Christ will not be seen in his glory and the Christian life will not be seen as the calvary road that it is," said Piper on Sunday."

However, the following week John Piper spoke at Passion 2013 that offered Charismatic/WOF teachers and one of their bands, "Jesus" Culture.

More info here:

LOUIE GIGLIO, PASSION 2013, AND JESUS CULTURE : Apprising Ministries

JESUS CULTURE AND JUDAH SMITH TO JOIN PIPER, MOORE, CHAN AND OTHERS AT GIGLIO

Do Not Be Surprised...: Mark Driscoll Promoting Word Faith Teacher Brian Houston?

Further reported: "In his last official message, Piper wanted to convey to the congregation "what the world needs from the church.

"What it needs, he preached, is "our indomitable, invincible joy in the midst of suffering and sorrow."

Really? I thought the world needed to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is both the bad news (personal & imputed sin, offending the thrice holy God) as well as the Good News

(repent, turn to the Jesus of Scripture, trust solely in the Person and work of Jesus Christ for salvation and forgiveness of all of one's sins or else face His eternal wrath in eternal punishment).

Surph's Side: Piper Denounces Prosperity Teachers on Sunday and Shares the Platform With Them That Week

related:

Fighting for the Faith: Subjective Feelings

January 08, 2013
    Subjective Feelings ≠ Truth

Program segments:

• Subjective Experience ≠ Truth
    • Baptist Prophetess Beth Moore?
    • Wrapping up the Loose Ends of Passion 2013
    • Sermon Review: The Principle of the Path by Jake Keck, Verve, Las Vegas

Fighting for the Faith: Subjective Feelings

Part four on Passion 2013. Brannon's guest is Chris Rosebrough.

Topic: President Obama has picked Passion 2013 leader Louie Giglio to pray at his 2nd Presidential Inauguration.

Giglio is quoted as saying in part "May we all look to our God,... from whom we receive mercy, grace, and truth to strengthen our lives, our families and our nation."

When he says may we all look to our God, there is a problem because we all do not worship the same God.

In addition, is Louie going to give a clear gospel in his prayer and refute the pluralism of President Obama as well as set himself apart from the Presidents anti-Biblical policies such as same-sex marriage and abortion?

Is this one more example of the New Religious Right being co-opted by a politician in order to gain more credibility for their radical agenda?

Topic: We take your calls on Passion 2013 and our past three radio programs and our phone lines light up.

Brannon Howse: Aired January 8, 2013 | Worldview Weekend

related:

PASSION 2013 SPEAKER JUDAH SMITH SINGS TAYLOR SWIFT AND TALKS SEX
    By Ken Silva pastor-teacher on Jan 9, 2013 in Current Issues, Features

So says the audience member at JAM Hillsong 2010 who originally put up this clip at You Tube.[1]

Apprising Ministries wishes you to be able to examine the kinds of things youth hear at these kinds of conferences:

00:0000:0000:00One of the young commenters at the YT page, who apparently was also at JAM 2010, showed more wisdom than pastor Smith:

I hesitated about whether it was cool for him to drop that and gross out a lot of kids who were just having fun and feeling innocent.

I know its good to use shocking things as an opportunity for ministry, but there was something weird about the way he did it.

If it had led into a short edifying sermon for like 1 or 2 minutes that would have been cool but he just said it, ruined the mood for a lot of children, and then changed the subject.

I think he pictured it going different than it ended.

PASSION 2013 SPEAKER JUDAH SMITH SINGS TAYLOR SWIFT AND TALKS SEX : Apprising Ministries

LOUIE GIGLIO IS NO HERO TO BE ADMIRED

By Ken Silva pastor-teacher on Jan 10, 2013 in AM Missives, Current Issues, Features

Apprising Ministries first covered Louis Giglio in Beth Moore And John Piper Lead Lectio Divina-Lite At Passion 2012 where I shared concerns about Giglio’s emphasis upon direct encounters with God.

That was bad enough, but it got even worse this year, as I showed in Louie Giglio, Passion 2013, And Jesus Culture. Now Giglio appears to be marrying his Passion youth movement to that of Jesus Culture.

It needs to be understood that reputed Calvinist Louie Giglio, pastor of Passion City Church (PCC) in Atlanta, is influencing scores of teens and college age youth as the leader of this so-called new breed Jesus Generation.

With this in mind Christian researcher Sarah Leslie brought out yesterday in The Significance of Youth-Filled Stadiums:

Lou Giglio is scheduled to give the benediction* at the Obama Presidential Inauguration on January 21. The official announcement describes him as “the Rev. Louie Giglio, the pastor of the Passion City Church in Atlanta” and says he “is considered one of the highest-profile evangelical Christian pastors. He has been prominent in efforts to end human trafficking.”[1]

This invitation is significant because Lou Giglio is currently under a great deal of fire in some quadrants of the evangelical world for his controversial association with New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) leader Bill Johnson and a music group/ministry called Jesus Culture. (source)

Today that changed. So, in Louie Giglio Out Of Obama Inaguation Over “Anti-Gay Comments” I drew together a few of the sources covering Giglio’s announcement he would no longer be part of inauguration after all.

One of these sources was a letter to his congregation from Louie Giglio called Change of Plans, which will be the focus of the rest of this article. However, first I’ll tell you many began implying that Giglio was now a martyr.

Already we have seen e.g. Christians Respond to Giglio’s Withdrawal by Christian Post reporter Lillian Kwon, The Giglio Imbroglio from Al Mohler and then Ed Stetzer chimed in with The Louie Giglio Moment.

Joe Carter, editor for The Gospel Coalition offers Pastor Disinvited from Giving Inaugural Prayer Because of Sermon on Homosexuality. And we have the below from the Facebook page of the Family Research Council.

Under a picture of Louie Giglio with the caption Don’t Silence Pastors we find (click to enlarge):

(source)

This tweet below from his friend John Piper, where he said that Giglio is suffering for the sake of Jesus Christ, is another glaring example:

(source)

I have no idea what Piper means by refining for freedom, but it is clear that he’s saying Giglio is suffering for his faith in Jesus Christ. Far from suffering, Louie Giglio’s largely being lauded as a hero in the right wing media.[2]

People have been asking my opinion and I have told them that Giglio’s first mistake was agreeing to be part of the inauguration; his second mistake was to then merely resign when his words about homosexuality surfaced.

This brings us back to Louie Giglio’s Change of Plans and around to why you’ll see that Giglio is no hero and not to be admired at all in this mess. Giglio begins by telling his PCC:

I was invited by the President of the United States to pray at his upcoming inauguration, after conversations between our team and the White House I am no longer serving in that role. (source)

He then quotes from the “statement to the White House” Giglio had sent today explaining why he was no longer “serving in” the inauguration. Turns out it was:

Due to a message of mine that has surfaced from 15-20 years ago, it is likely that my participation, and the prayer I would offer, will be dwarfed by those seeking to make their agenda the focal point of the inauguration.

Clearly, speaking on this issue has not been in the range of my priorities in the past fifteen years. Instead, my aim has been to call people to ultimate significance as we make much of Jesus Christ. (source, emphasis his)

As a pastor-teacher myself what immediately jumped out at me is Giglio, pastor of a megachurch and leader of a huge youth movement, admits “speaking on this issue,” i.e. the sin of homosexuality:

has not been in the range of my priorities in the past fifteen years. (source)

That’s a very telling, but not surprising, admission considering Inaugural Benediction To Be Delivered By Pastor Who Gave Vehemently Anti-Gay Sermon yesterday by Josh Israel of the pro-homosexual website Think Progress.

He quotes from Giglio’s In Search of a Standard – Christian Response to Homosexuality, which Israel tells us is:

a mid-1990s sermon identified as Giglio’s, available online on a Christian training website, he preached rabidly anti-LGBT views. (source)

Now a key point: Josh Israel posted five quotes from Giglio’s sermon about homosexuality from nearly two decades ago and just one day later Giglio has already caved in. There’s nothing to be admired in that.

From where I stand, Louie Giglio has made no public effort to defend the truth of God’s Word concerning the deviant and sinful lifestyle of having sexual relations with another of the same sex, i.e homosexuality.

Moreover, pastor Louis Giglio admits that warning young LGBT people, for whom Christ died, of their sin hasn’t even been something he considered a priority. Well, I offer Homoppression Is At Least As Bad As Homophobia.

The homoppression to which I refer here would be not telling the truth to someone who self-identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered (LGBT); and thereby, leaving them under oppression trapped in their sin.

And what of his public testimony to the Obama administration when Giglio tells them, as well as his own PCC:

Clearly, speaking on this issue has not been in the range of my priorities in the past fifteen years. Instead, my aim has been to call people to ultimate significance as we make much of Jesus Christ. (source, emphasis his)

Where’s the Gospel of repentance and forgiveness of sins? Answer: It’s not there. Instead pastor Giglio tells these unbelievers his goal is that people will have “ultimate significance.” Frankly, Giglio sounds likes Joel Osteen.

Then Louie Giglio plays the piety card as he tells his PCC:

As a pastor, my mission is to love people, and lead them well, while lifting up the name of Jesus above anything else. (source)

Sure, there’s truth within his statement; all Christians are to love people, so this becomes a red herring. The rest of the story, as the noted philosopher Paul Harvey was wont to say, is the pastor-teacher must also:

preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. (2 Timothy 4:2)

You may recognize that’s not a position that’s going to be popular with this politically correct, and pouty postmodern, world because reproving, rebuking, and even exhorting, happens to be well out of season.

In other words, out of favor; to do so will bring you into confrontation. This then, would actually be to suffer for Christ’s sake. Instead, pastor Giglio turns to another red herring:

I’m confident that anyone who knows me or has listened to the multitude of messages I have given in the last decade would most likely conclude that I am not easily characterized as being opposed to people—any people. (source)

However to offer the actual Gospel of Jesus Christ to sinners, whether homosexual or not, isn’t opposing them as people in the first place. In fact, it’s being willing to even risk their wrath as you show them the love of God.

For you see, this is how the Christian points “them to Jesus.” The truth is, this is the only way that “people in [any] city come to know Jesus.” This is truly “speaking up for the last and least of these throughout the world.”

Pastor Giglio should have said, go ahead; do whatever you want to me publicly. That would bring liberals into the open and he could then preach the real Gospel, which would have been headlines in secular news sources.

I agree with Chris Rosebrough who said today on his F4F program that Louie Giglio is a straight-up coward.

Sadly, when confrontation appeared he placed his tail between his legs and scamped off the battlefield.

LOUIE GIGLIO IS NO HERO TO BE ADMIRED : Apprising Ministries

related:

Louie Giglio's Cowardice

• William Tapley's Latest Football Prophecy
    • Louie Giglio's Cowardice
    • Ordain A Lady Max Holiday Edition
    • Is Judah Smith the Next Steven Furtick?
    • Fellowship in the Woodlands
    • New Study Reveals Skyrocketing Narcissism
    • Sermon: Dream a Bigger Dream by Glyn Barrett of Audacious Church

Fighting for the Faith: Louie Giglio's Cowardice

January 11, 2013
    This Message is Banned by the State Religion of the United States

Program segments:

• Russell Moore and Al Mohler and Erin Benziger weigh in on the Louie Giglio controversy.
    • A survey of the Biblical teaching on same sex sins.

Fighting for the Faith: This Message is Banned by the State Religion of the United States

related:

just found out the Omaha HUB (which is a Bill Johnson and Mike Bickle front group) and has influence in a number of omaha churches and NCC and Grace University

is now peddling the Jesus Culture garbage of Bethel church in Redding California (not surprised considering how anti-discernment the Omaha HUB is)

pray for omaha's christian community which is knee deep and then some in apostasy

pray those who are in this or at NCC aka Nebraska Christian College or Grace University

or bad churches in omaha involved in this will wake up to the Hyper Charismatic and Dominionist takeover of Omaha 's christian community

and if you go to Christ Community Church of Omaha or Lifegate Church of Omaha or any other WCA church in omaha area

including thw WCA churches listed below:

Salem Baptist Church of of Omaha Nebraska
    Dundee Presbyterian Church of Omaha Nebraska

First Covenant Church of Omaha Nebraska

King of Kings Lutheran Church of Omaha Nebraska
    Brookside Church of Omaha Nebraska

Westside Church of Omaha Nebraska

Stonebridge Christian Church of Omaha Nebraska

http://www.alittleleaven.com/2010/07...in-tights.html

St. Paul's Lutheran Church (ELCA) of of Omaha Nebraska
    3Rivers Church of Omaha Nebraska
    New Life Baptist Church of Bellevue Nebraska

Bellevue Christian Center of Bellevue Nebraska
    Thanksgiving Lutheran Church of Bellevue Nebraska

Shadow Lake Community Church of Papillion Nebraska
    First Christian Church of Council Bluffs Iowa

PLEASE, WAKE UP! The Omaha HUB and the Willow Creek Association is promoting False Teachers and False Prophets.

Nebraska Christian College of Papillion Nebraska and 2 of it's church partners Kingsway Christian Church of Omaha Nebraska and Calvary Christian Church of Bellevue Nebraska

especially need to also WAKE UP and see there is a apostasy problem in Omaha area and speak out

same with Grace University of Omaha Nebraska

Thread Information