Thread: Fiddle-Dee-Dee Rick Warren and James MacDonald

Bookmark and Share
    billiefan2000 is offline Citizen

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Default Fiddle-Dee-Dee Rick Warren and James MacDonald

Fiddle-Dee-Dee
    Posted on October 3, 2011 by Chrystal Whitt
    Yesterday morning, Rick Warren posted this tweet on Twitter:

The link in that tweet will take you to an article posted on The Gospel Coalition’s website entitled, “Multi-Site Churches Are from the Devil.” The article was written by Thabiti Anyabwile, Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Grand Cayman in the Grand Cayman Islands and a Council member with The Gospel Coalition. The gist of the article is this:

At bottom, I think the kind of multi-site churches (realizing there are a few different approaches) that feature one pastor being beamed into several sites around a region—and in some cases around the country or world—is simply idolatry. It’s certainly cult of personality multiplied and digitized for a consumer audience.

As a brilliant young man remarked to me this morning, “The pastor now becomes the new icon in the midst of the Protestant worship service.” I think that’s well said. Video multi-site tends to idolatry, pride, and self-promotion—even where the ambition of spreading the gospel is genuine. In other words, the ends do not justify the means because some of the ends produced will undoubtedly be odious in God’s sight. (Source)

I couldn’t have said it better.

Rick Warren linked to the comment section of that article and posted the above tweet. Shortly thereafter, James MacDonald, pastor of Harvest Bible Chapel gave Warren the honor of a retweet. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that MacDonald himself was the subject of the article. See below:

It’s no surprise that Warren would find the content of the above article offensive, but I find it interesting that MacDonald would agree with Warren and publicly affirm him with a retweet.

First, gave Steven Furtick the right hand of fellowship by having him preach at his church, then he invited T.D. Jakes to his next Elephant Room event, and now he’s retweeting Rick Warren.

Seems like that downward spiral is getting tighter and faster, doesn’t it?

MacDonald doesn’t see things like we do.

Retweeting, doing a program, or inviting a false teacher to take the pulpit at your church isn’t, according to MacDonald, lending credibility to them.

I disagree. What do you think?

(Note: I find the section of the article entitled, “Beware of Many Discernment Ministries” interesting, and happen to agree with his sentiment. We should never take a person’s words out of context, nor should we loosely label them a heretic.)

Update: Here is Phil Johnson’s tweet in response to Rick Warren’s tweet:

Ummmmm…. Amen!

Fiddle-Dee-Dee | Slaughter of the Sheep
    ftwspursfan likes this.
    http://prayerlistforrockstars.blogspot.com/
    http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

myinnuendo999 is offline Citizen

Default Re: Fiddle-Dee-Dee Rick Warren and James MacDonald

I'm glad Phil Johnson said what he said. It's just appalling that MacDonald is hanging with the wrong group of men.

"Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."-1Cor. 15:33
    “He who walks with the wise grows wise but a companion of fools suffers harm”-Proverbs 13:20

and Not to be mean in any way but is James going through some kind of midlife crisis and these quasi Christians just playing him er sumthin? Honestly I don't understand how a sound biblical man can go from rightly dividing God's word to the opposite end of the spectrum and just go against all he has taught by following men who hate God's word--Rick Warren of all people??

Gal 5:7 "You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?

Still lifting James up to the Lord in prayer
    Last edited by myinnuendo999; October-5th-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added additional verses

ftwspursfan is offline Goofy Pre-Tribber

Default Re: Fiddle-Dee-Dee Rick Warren and James MacDonald

Dr. Carl Trueman wrote an excellent blog post about Furtick and Noble that is well worth reading!

Fixing the Indemnity - Reformation21 Blog
    Mike

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. 2 Cor 5:20 NIV

Thread Information