Thread: Don't Think for Yourselves", Warns FBC Jax Pastor

Bookmark and Share
    billiefan2000 is offline Citizen

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Default Don't Think for Yourselves", Warns FBC Jax Pastor

"Don't Think for Yourselves", Warns FBC Jax Pastor

Says FBC Jax Associate Pastor Rush Whitt, on his blog last week:

Don’t Think for Yourself | mynameisrush.com

"While everyone is responsible for his own thoughts and beliefs, the word of God does not teach us to think for ourselves or independently develop our own ideas....

Instead, the biblical approach to thinking is to inherit godly ideas and beliefs from the godly ones who have gone before. Likewise, these godly men inherited the same from those who went before them, and so on."

Wow. Don't think for yourselves, that is what the bible says according to Rush. Instead, let "godly men" tell you what to think.

He says "the biblical approach to thinking"...he is telling people who are Christians how they should "think"...and you must "inherit" your ideas from others more godly than you.

He continues:

"Wisdom belongs to the Lord and cannot be devised through any independent exercise in human thinking. Therefore, every person must receive wisdom from others, who have ultimately received it from God."
    So according to Rush, the bible is to be interpreted to mean there is no wisdom to be gained except those who have received it from someone else, who received it from God. Dangerous thinking, especially when considering Al Mohler's statement that pastors are "God-appointed agents to save His people from ignorance", and considering Mac Brunson's statement on 5/1/11 that "not having a pastor is dangerous". These men truly want us to think we cannot survive without full-time, professional religious seminarians in our lives telling us what to think, how to interpret the Bible, and how we are to live, who we are to listen to and not listen to....almost forgot...and we must also give 10% of our gross income to the institutions they work for, else we can't receive the full blessings of God for following their teachings. Can you spell r-a-c-k-e-t?

We've gone all the way from "On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand" to "Without My Pastor I Cannot Stand".

The reformation started over professional religious men telling the plebe they can't think for themselves.

Really, this is the stuff that cults are made of.

A cult must condition people that they are stupid, way too stupid to think for themselves, and that they can't possibly exist without their spiritual gurus telling them what God says.

FBC Jax Watchdog: "Don't Think for Yourselves", Warns FBC Jax Pastor
    http://prayerlistforrockstars.blogspot.com/
    http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

ShilohRose is offline Citizen

Default Re: Don't Think for Yourselves", Warns FBC Jax Pastor

If they believe this, there isn't much difference between Catholicism and this bunch, except Catholics have the clarity of one Pope instead of a bunch of little ones.

micah719 is offline an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40

Luke 10:25-27
    25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
    26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
    27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

God gave you a brain for you to use. Don't check it at the door when some Nicolaitan tells you to, he's about to railroad you.

Carl is online now Citizen

I don't read the link and arrive at that conclusion, If we come to any other conclusion then we are throwing out all the stores of wisdom that our elders have experienced. He does quote Paul writing to Timothy to pass on what Timothy learned from Paul to others to teach.

Doing all my own thinking will get me into relativism.
    Don't jump at me I'm no conclusion

micah719 is offline an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40

Test all the spirits. Keep in mind the parables of the mustard seed and the birds, and the leaven mixed into the meal, and the wheat and the tares. Tradition in the church isn't always a good thing....look at Rome.

myinnuendo999 is offline Citizen

Hogwash!

God gave us the Holy Spirit and He is our Counselor and teacher--John 14:26 "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

1John 2:26 "I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray.
    :27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

we have the mind of Christ- 1Cr 2:16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ

Thread Information