TD Jakes exposed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TD Jakes exposed

Bookmark and Share
    Jesus Freak is offline Citizen

Default TD Jakes exposed

Since I put this on another thread, for a sister in Christ. I believed it would be best, to place it here so people can see it as a post.

Now for the other things. First thing you need to know. The Audio and Video links I give you are just for thier information. I dont know anything about the people who post them up. All I know is that they have the false doctorine on Audio and Video.

As for the quote here is the Audio but it is on a youtube video
    YouTube - TD JAKES ENDORSES THE HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA PT 1

I for one was shocked when I heard this.

TD Jakes was asked if Homosexuals and Muslims are going to Hell? I have multiple sources for this one. his is an Audio but on youtube.
    This is a 10minute video, but I highly recommend it. PART 1
    YouTube - TD Jakes- More than one road to Heaven Part 1

PART 2
    YouTube - TD Jakes- More than one road to Heaven Part 2

Short Version
    YouTube - T.D. Jakes Are Gays And Muslims Going To Heaven?(AUDIO ONLY)

My response is the same one a commentor left.
    1 Corinthians 6:9-11
    9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

I also recommend these two videos. Titled, "Does TD Jakes think he is God?

YouTube - Does TD Jakes think he's God? Pt. 1

Part 2

YouTube - Does TD Jakes think he's God? Pt. 2

Here are some Rapture Ready articles on TD Jakes, just press Ctrl-F and type in Jakes and you will find him.

Beware of Men

Joseph Chambers

Joseph Chambers

I hope this helped. FYI I know what it feels like believing in a pastor, then turns out to be a False Prophet. They are very carefull about what they say now. Which makes it all the harder to find them.

Im sure I could, "dig" up alot more, but this is all I have. I dont have time to go thru

myinnuendo999 is offline Citizen

Wow that's a shock. People are becoming so bold and arrogant. I don't know His heart but I do know that what he is promoting and teaching is not sound doctrine. I cling onto Jesus tighter as these days are getting darker. This world is a very dangerous place even in the Churches. I thank God that Jesus did not leave us who are genuine believers as ORPHANS but Jesus lives IN us. The tares are growing up with the wheat and it will be very clear one day for there will be no more fence sitting...Thank you for your discernment and wisdom caring for your brothers and sisters in Christ --Jesus Freak

Just doing my job as a Heresy Hunter, I guess Im cursed now by Benny Hinn and Paul Crouch

paul&katie is offline Citizen

He is a heretic anyway - he is a oneness Pentecostal they/ he do not believe in the trinity.

T.D. Jakes | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Problems with T.D. Jakes
    Denial of the Trinity
    Jakes unfortunately adopts an incorrect view of the nature of God. At the Potter House’s website, under their statement of faith regarding God, they state, “There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three manifestations: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.”2
    The keywords here are “three manifestations.” If Jakes believed in the Trinity he should use words like “simultaneous,” “coeternal,” or “coequal” when referring to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit’s relationship to one another. T.D. Jakes’s view on the nature of God is known as modalism. Modalism is a heresy that teaches the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit do not simultaneously exist as distinct persons (see Modalism). Rather, God at some times and places is the Father, at some times the Son, and other times the Holy Spirit.
    CARM defines the Trinity as follows: “There is one God in whom there are three eternal, simultaneous persons -- the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. All three are the one God, coeternal, coequal, etc., yet there is only one God, not three, and not one person who took three modes, or forms.” CARM’s statement of faith is correct. T. D. Jakes’s statement is incorrect.3
    Even as a result of various criticisms, Jakes will not affirm the orthodox position on the Trinity. Instead, he skirts the issue and continues using the “manifestation” terminology.4 In one interview on a Los Angeles radio station, he even implicitly denies the Trinity and advocates a Oneness Theology view of God: My Views on the Godhead | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction.
    Summary of T.D. Jakes and The Potter’s House

Orthodox

•The Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
    •The Bible is the final authority on issues of doctrine.
    •Jesus is God.
    •Jesus rose bodily from the grave.
    •Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary.
    •There will be a personal, imminent, pre-millennial return of Christ.
    •There will be a bodily resurrection of the dead.
    •Believers will go to everlasting conscious bliss, but unbelievers to everlasting conscious torment.

Unorthodox

•Denies the Trinity.
    •Allows ordination of women as pastors.
    •Baptizes in the name of the Lord Jesus rather than in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Unclear

•No statement whether water baptism is necessary for salvation or not.
    •No statement whether speaking in tongues is necessary for salvation or not.

PraisingHimAlways is online now watching and waiting

hmmm...seems the word "infallible" is missing here (re: the Word of God) too
    (**all poetry posted under this username was written by me, Dee M.**)

Robert Cragg is offline Citizen

After hearing what TD Jakes said, it makes me sick, I use to enjoy hear Him speak.
    But to say what He said is discussting it makes me sick first to suggest Naomi and Ruth were probally lesbians, and then to say the same about Jonathan and David to me this is blasphemy against God.
    I'm a member of a great men's ministry and we are very close does that mean we are all homosexuals.
    TD Jakes was here in Buffalo, and where ever he went he was surrounded by men to protect him, but by his standards I guess they where homosexuals, I don't know what else to say.
    IN JESUS NAME,
    Robert

I know what you mean Brother. Seems like the only ones I trust are people who teach Pre Trib. hahhaha

myinnuendo999 is offline Citizen

They speak abusively against whatever they do not understand-Jude 10-- whatever they know "naturally" like brute beasts these things they corrupt themselves with and are the very things that destroy them. I read 1 Samuel 18:1 and I don't see how Jonathan being one in spirit with David and loving David as himself says anything about homosexuality. These people have to have some depraved minds to read into a passage something that is just not there. Whatever happened to men really loving their fellow man in battles or wars or in friendships all because they really care with pure motives? Why would anyone read homosexuality into a passage unless their motives are not pure? Honestly, I would be very cautious in the hidden motives with TD Jakes cause he's hijacking Christianity by misrepresenting it and using it as a launching pad for the enemy.

I remember he was all for Mr. Obama becoming our next president. This act, by it's self, showed me he does not have the decernment of a true Christian minister.

Also, he's seems to direct his ministry to mostly women. I've always wondered why?

Quote Originally Posted by Revival2008 View Post
    I remember he was all for Mr. Obama becoming our next president. This act, by it's self, showed me he does not have the decernment of a true Christian minister.

Also, he's seems to direct his ministry to mostly women. I've always wondered why?
    I'm not the greatest detective, but usually when someone says the things that he has said about others, they are trying to take attention off themselves.

The Bible says somewhere "what you do in private, will be made public.
    Or" Your sin will find you out."
    IN JESUS NAME,
    Robert

bghtnpd4 is offline Home with Jesus ... waiting for you all.

This isn't a shocker...he's been a heretic a looooooooong time.

This serves a purpose for me, it once again reminds me now Especially in End Times. Don't trust or follow anyone to closely, but the Lord. I like to say don't put your soul and spirit in anyones hands, Except for Our Lord Jesus Christ, a good way to stay away from false teachers or false profits.
    IN JESUS NAME,
    Robert

mikalikat is offline Citizen

Ok, chalk up another one to our list of "Scary Kids" as Mike likes to call them.
    Are we there yet?

Default Ruth & Naomi, David & Jonathon

You know what? This is just wrong. Only a snippet of the entire message is being played. I was a member of the Potter's House where TD Jakes is pastor for over 10 years and was actually in the congregation when this message was brought. This is in no way a defense of Jakes, but as Christians we must adhere to the entire truth. In an attempt to describe the close relationship between Ruth and Naomi and David and Jonathan, Jakes talks about how people have tried to say there was some homosexual attraction between them because we are uncomfortable and not accustomed to these types of relationships today. I've not been to the Church in over 2 years and am not out to defend the man or his character and but how dare we listen to such a small portion of an over hour long message and come to such conclusions. Has anyone commenting actually listened to the entire message? Just wondering...

bghtnpd4 is offline Home with Jesus ... waiting for you all.

I've listened to many of his messages over the years. He's a false teacher, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by stillsmallvoice View Post
    You know what? This is just wrong. Only a snippet of the entire message is being played. I was a member of the Potter's House where TD Jakes is pastor for over 10 years and was actually in the congregation when this message was brought. This is in no way a defense of Jakes, but as Christians we must adhere to the entire truth. In an attempt to describe the close relationship between Ruth and Naomi and David and Jonathan, Jakes talks about how people have tried to say there was some homosexual attraction between them because we are uncomfortable and not accustomed to these types of relationships today. I've not been to the Church in over 2 years and am not out to defend the man or his character and but how dare we listen to such a small portion of an over hour long message and come to such conclusions. Has anyone commenting actually listened to the entire message? Just wondering...

I would advise you to listen to not the one piece of evidence that is there. Notice how I have at least 5 videos. One where he states that non-christians can go to Heaven. Look we have all here had our hearts broken, when we find out our fav. pastor ends up going left. None of us like hearing the truth. How can he support Obama? You cant be a Christian and a Democrat. You can continue to listen to him, but out of his mouth will be lies. I'm not going to sugar coat it, God sees all, TD Jakes will stand before the El Shaddai, and give his account. He still has time to repent. If he chooses not to, he will go to hell. Blaspheming and leading God's people is astray is a serious offense.

"...hearts broken, when we find out our fav. pastor ends up going left"? You first assume I have a broken heart and secondly a favorite pastor?!? Just for the record...I have neither. You can't be a Christian and a Democrat"?!? What does any political association have to do with the Lord Jesus Christ? Just for the record...I claim none. My allegiance is to the Lord Jesus and no man, TD Jakes or otherwise. And no...God isn't a Republican. You also assume that I "continue to listen to him"...again...wrong. Your 5 videos are minimal compared to 10 years of my sitting in the congregation (front row) each and every Sunday. I heard many messages...some good and some bad. I can send you some CD's or DVD's should you choose to hear some. Sure Jakes is wrong if he says abortionists, non Christians, sodomites and Muslims can enter heaven. But my Brother, is it not just as misleading to play only a 10 second snippet of a 1 hour message to seemingly build your case. That alone was my point.

Notice how I said WE have had our heartsbroken. Im sorry if you misintrepreted my words. What I meant was TD Jakes allegiance to President Obama. You tell me if someones allegiance goes to the Lord Jesus, when they proudly support abortion, gay marriage, and everything else that is an abomination in the sight of the Lord. I believe TD Jakes is a False Prophet. And by the look of the comments above, It seems to me others believe so to. IT MEANS EVERYTHING IF HE SAID OTHER PEOPLE CAN GET TO HEAVEN. If he said it, he beleives it! What! You think it just, "slipped out". NO! He believes it and he is preaching it. End of Story. I label anyone who is a, "preacher of the Word of God". and believes and teaches that they can find their way to heaven. Except by the grace of Jesus Christ a FALSE PROPHET .

I would say from what I know of the man there seems to be something wrong, but sometimes pride gets in the way with alot of well known Evangelist. But I went to far with somethings I said about Him, and that part is sin, I still don't trust him and like I said we should never put are souls and spirits in a mans hand. We should only put them in the hands of the Lord.
    Only God really knows TD Jakes heart. But if we sort of really get emontional feelings about any Pastor or Theologian we could find ourselves in Waco Texas, and then its too late.
    IN JESUS NAME,
    Robert

paul&katie is offline Citizen

Default We have ample proof

HTTP://APPRISING.ORG/2008/10/TD-JAKE...ITH-HYPOCRITE/

HTTP://APPRISING.ORG/2008/09/KEEPING...N-THE-TRINITY/

Now Jakes himself said in the February 1, 2000 edition of Christianity Today:

While I mix with Christians from a broad range of theological perspectives, I speak only for my personal faith and convictions. I am not a theologian, and I avoid quoting even theologians who agree with me. To defend my beliefs, I go directly to the Bible.
    My views on the Godhead are from 1 John 5:7-8, “For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.” (NKJV)
    I believe in one God who is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe these three have distinct and separate functions—so separate that each has individual attributes, yet are one. I do not believe in three Gods (Online Source, emphasis mine).

TD Jakes Ministries / Potters House of Dallas, Inc.

TD Jakes Ministries / Potters House of Dallas, Inc.
    TRANSPARENCY
    GRADE:
    F
    RATING
    SECTOR:
    EDUCATIONAL MEDIA
    5 STAR FINANCIAL
    EFFICIENCY RATING:
    TOTAL
    REVENUE:
    TOTAL
    EXPENSES:
    NET
    ASSETS:
    DONOR ALERT:
    NON-TRANSPARENT MINISTRIES: ARE THEY FAITHFUL IN THE SMALL THINGS?

Apologetics research resources on religious cults and sects - About T.D. Jakes

This popular preacher, also known as "Bishop Jakes," comes from a United Pentecostal background. He pastors The Potter's House (Dallas, Texas) one of America's fastest-growing megachurches. He is also a leader and elected bishop of the "Higher Ground Always Abounding Assemblies," a network of Oneness Pentecostal churches - though not identified as such at the T.D. Jakes Ministries web site:

In 1979, Pastor Jakes opened the doors of his first church located in a storefront facility in Montgomery, WV with only 10 members. The church eventually became known as The Temple of Faith and was affiliated with Ohio-based Higher Ground Always Abounding Assemblies, a Pentecostal organization that governs many churches of similar persuasion.

T.D. Jakes Ministries , (Accessed Mar. 3, 2000)
    In "Christianity Today" recently, T.D. Jakes said "This small fellowship of churches is not a denomination, and differs in many ways from traditional Apostolic churches." No indication is given on how and where they differ.

Answers in Action - in a statement about Promise Keepers, says
    (...) Promise Keepers speakers are not always theologically sound,biblically centered, mature Christian speakers. (For example, they have repeatedly promoted T. D. Jakes, a United Pentecostal pastor/evangelist who denies -- along with his denomination -- the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity and promotes baptismal regeneration.

Source: Pros and Cons of the Promise Keepers Movement
    And Charisma Magazine, in an article supportive of Oneness Pentecostalism, notes:

(...) Because of recent upheaval in the UPC, many pastors have left to establish prominent independent Oneness churches. And many popular preachers in the black charismatic community--most notably T.D. Jakes of Dallas--have Oneness roots.

Source: "The Other Pentecostals," (PRO) Charisma Magazine
    One of the "frequently-asked questions" posted on Jakes' web site is: "What has been your reception in the evangelical community?" Jakes Answers:

''I've had only one or two experiences where people had a problem accepting my diversity -- either racially or doctrinally. For some reason, God has just given me the grace to be able to sit on many different platforms.''

Questions for T.D. Jakes (Accessed Mar. 3, 2000)
    Unfortunately, Jakes' doctrinal diversity appears to include classic Oneness Pentecostal Heresies, though - in an apparent effort to appeal to a wider audience - the usual Oneness theology is toned down somewhat at TD Jakes' official web site. See, for example, its statement on the Trinity:

God--There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three Manifestations: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ--Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross, the complete and final sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.

The Holy Spirit--The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.

Ministry Beliefs (Last checked Dec. 14, 1999, and archived here). The current statement, last accessed June 28, 2007, still refers to 'manifestations,' but now with a lower case.
    The belief that God exists in three "manifestations" is called Sabellianism or modalism:

Sabellianism or Modalism. Sabellius (A.D. 200), the originator of this viewpoint, spoke of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but he understood all three as no more than three manifestations of one God. This teaching came to be known as modalism because it views one God who variously manifests Himself in three modes of existence: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The Trinity (Triunity) of God John Morehead writes:

Orthodox Christians and Oneness adherents are agreed that the Scriptures teach that there is only one God. The classic text in this regard is Deut. 6:4 . Numerous other biblical passages teach that there is only one God. However, the Bible nowhere teaches that the "oneness" of God is to be understood as only one Person. Here orthodox Christianity and Oneness Pentecostalism diverge. Christianity affirms one God in three co-existing persons as Father, Son and Holy Spirit; Oneness theology affirms one God in one person, Jesus Christ, in three modes or manifestations.
    Oneness Pentecostalism: A Subtle Heresy

Interestingly, the "Ministry Beliefs" statement at the TD Jakes website differs from the "Doctrinal Statement for T.D. Jakes/Potter's House Ministries" at the same web site. This one provides us with another look at the doctrine of the Trinity:
    THREE DIMENSIONS OF ONE GOD (1 John 5:7 ; Mathew 28:19 ; 1 Tim 3:16 )

We believe in one God who is eternal in His existence, Triune in His manifestation, being both Father, Son and Holy Ghost AND that He is Sovereign and Absolute in His authority. We believe in the Father who is God Himself, Creator of the universe. {Gen 1:1 ; John 1:1 }
    We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. (Col 2:9 ) He suffered, died, was buried, and rose from the dead for our total salvation (Luke 3:21-22 ; Philippians 2:5-11 ). We believe that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him (John 3:36 ; John 3:31-32 ; John 14:6 ).
    We believe in the Holy Spirit who is God indwelling, empowering and regenerating the believer. This Holy Spirit is called the Comforter. The Spirit of Truth (John 14:17 ,
    14:26 )

Doctrinal Statement for T.D. Jakes/Potter's House Ministries (Last accessed, Dec. 14, 1999)

At first glance, this may sound a little better. However, saying that God has "three dimensions" and adding the word "Triune" does not indicate adherence to orthodox doctrine regarding the Trinity. In fact, the statement appears to be worded to appeal to both Oneness believers and Trinitarians, even though it is impossible to hold both the Oneness and the Trinitarian position - or to compromise on the doctrine of the Trinity.

Responding to a posting of Jakes' Doctrinal Statement on the AR-talk mailing list, Dr. Gordon Lewis wrote, "The revised statement on God revives Sabellian modalism. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not merely three manifestations of one God in history, three different hats he wears."

Bottom line: the orthodox doctrine of the Trinity is that the Father Son and Holy Spirit are three distinct, co-existent, co-equal Persons within the one God. If that is what TD Jakes Ministries beliefs, it should make an unequivocal statement to that effect. However, repeated emailed requests for clarification on this issue have gone unanswered.

But in February, 2000, Christianity Today reported:
    The quarterly journal of the southern California–based Christian Research Institute (Christian Research Institute and the Bible Answer Man, Hank Hanegraaff) quotes from public remarks by Jakes to argue that, whatever baptismal formulas he uses in different venues, his primary theological language for the Godhead remains Oneness Pentecostal.
    (...)

One of the Journal's most detailed quotations comes from a Los Angeles radio show, ''Living By the Word.'' KKLA-FM broadcast host Jim Coleman's interview with Jakes on August 23 and 30, 1998.
    Coleman asks Jakes how important it is for Christians to believe in the Trinity.

Jakes responds:
    I think it's very, very significant that we first of all study the Trinity apart from salvation, and first of all that we embrace Christ and come to him to know who he is. Having come to know who he is, then we begin to deal with the Trinity, which I believe is a very complex issue. The Trinity, the term 'Trinity,' is not a biblical term, to begin with.

It's a theological description for something that is so beyond human comprehension that I'm not sure that we can totally hold God to a numerical system. The Lord said, ''Behold, O Israel, the Lord thy God is one, and beside him there is no other.'' When God got ready to make a man that looked like him, he didn't make three. He made one man. However, that one man had three parts. He was body, soul, and spirit. We have one God, but he is Father in creation, Son in redemption, and Holy Spirit in regeneration.
    (...)

''Given his and his ministry's insistence on modalist language in describing the Trinity, the assertions of his colleague [associate minister Lawrence Robinson] that he is a modalist, and his affiliation with a Oneness group, we have every reason to doubt that by 'Trinity' his ministry means three eternally distinct Persons,'' Miller told CHRISTIANITY TODAY. Apologetics Journal Criticizes T.D. Jakes , Christianity Today, February 7, 2000, Vol. 44, No. 2, Page 58
    Christianity Today also posted a response by T.D. Jakes showing that he is, indeed, a modalist:

While I mix with Christians from a broad range of theological perspectives, I speak only for my personal faith and convictions. I am not a theologian, and I avoid quoting even theologians who agree with me. To defend my beliefs, I go directly to the Bible.
    My views on the Godhead are from 1 John 5:7-8, "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." (NKJV)
    I believe in one God who is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe these three have distinct and separate functions — so separate that each has individual attributes, yet are one. I do not believe in three Gods.

T.D. Jakes, "My Views on the Godhead", Christianity Today Online edition
    See also, "T.D. Jakes Responds To The (Christian Research) Journal."

Bottom-line: In its initial article, the Christian Research Journal writes:

Even well-discipled and discerning Christians find it challenging to differentiate between the truth and error found in Jakes’s teachings — let alone the watching secular world. The New York Times published an article on 1 January 1999 regarding how America has always had a national evangelist. ''Ever since the colonial era, America has had a pre-eminent preacher who played an unofficial role as national evangelist, preaching a simple message of repentance and salvation and drawing vast crowds in the process. For the last 50 years that role has been filled by the Rev. Billy Graham. But at the turn of the century with Mr. Graham now 80, the question arises, Who if anyone can take his place.''63 It is sobering that of the five possible successors to Billy Graham listed, one of them is T. D. Jakes.

There is no denying that T. D. Jakes has many fine leadership qualities, and the social outreaches of his Potter’s House church appear quite commendable. But, while sound doctrine is not the only criterion for leadership among Christians (1 Tim. 3:1–13), it is certainly a necessary criterion (Tit. 1:9–11). Do we really want a non-Trinitarian to be the spiritual leader of our country? If the answer to this question is anything but an unequivocal no, the future looks dark indeed for the American church.
    The Man, His Ministry, And His Movement: Concerns About The Teachings Of T.D. Jakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information