• 7 Post By Kathy_57
  • 7 Post By anath
  • 2 Post By FaithInChrist
  • 4 Post By Forgiven

Thread: Serious addiction. I need help

Bookmark and Share
    billym is offline Citizen

Default Serious addiction. I need help

I am addicted to this site. In between customers I am reading posts. I am all over the place. Sometimes I am in breaking news, sometimes in the coffee shop, sometimes in prophecy. Am I the only one?

mattfivefour is online now Super Moderator

Default Re: Serious addiction. I need help

Nope. I, too, am hooked. I have to discipline myself when I am working NOT to get on here every spare second. It is not pleasing to God. What IS pleasing to Him is that I be a good witness for Him; and I can best be a good witness for Him by serving my employer as faithfully as if he were Jesus. (Colossians 3:22-25; Ephesians 6:5-8)
    mikhen7, SonSeeker, billym and 3 others like this.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Quote Originally Posted by mattfivefour View Post
    Nope. I, too, am hooked. I have to discipline myself when I am working NOT to get on here every spare second. It is not pleasing to God. What IS pleasing to Him is that I be a good witness for Him; and I can best be a good witness for Him by serving my employer as faithfully as if he were Jesus. (Colossians 3:22-25; Ephesians 6:5-8)
    Lol, I am self employed.
    SteveJM likes this.

I won't say I'm addicted, but I have been on this site more then any others on the web. I'm lucky that my battery dies and I can do other stuff.

LivnForChrist is online now Jesus Christ is Lord

Yup. I'm hooked.
    mikhen7 and billym like this.

Sometimes I look and there will be many guests and 5 users, I may as well take this time to invite all those guests to become members today. It's a good addiction and you will make many friends and enjoy good fellowship with other Christians

Kathy_57 is offline Citizen

Well I am thinking if any addiction is good, this would be it. I do on occasion come and check the site from work but not often.

SteveJM is offline Citizen

Nice confession, I can relate as it sure can be addicting. I do have to discipline myself. I need more time for personal Bible study, to pray more, spend more time with my family, get my home improvement projects finished, wash the truck and SUV(live on a gravel dirt road), shovel the driveway(has 1" of snow on it), eat(sometimes I forget to, but that can be a good thing), drink more water(sometimes I forget to, dehydrated), sleep(Am I the only one who loses sleep?) OH! and there are a lot of great article links on the home page of Rapture Forums.com that I've been neglecting.
    If I'm to have an addiction, Rapture forums forum is better than a lot of things. I will say that what I do when I log on each day, is to first go to the prayer and praise section, to see if there are brothers and sisters in need of prayer, to hear praise, and to start my day off in shared morning prayer with some of my family. There are many needs for prayer here, and I've requested prayer myself. I try to frequently see if there are any new members introducing themselves, and give them a welcome. It really meant a lot to me, when I received my first welcomes. I really like when I find a thread that has some nice Bible study in it. For a lot of the breaking news, I just look at the titles, and select a few that I find interesting to read. I don't start a lot of threads, usually Chris, Mattfivefour, and many others put out some great threads to look at, and comment on. I hope to offer more posts in the future, but up to now I haven't posted a lot beyond the prayer section, unless I felt strongly about something, or had something relevant to say. I told my wife that I could spend 24/7 on the web site and still not exhaust all that is available.

I'm sure thankful it's here, and it sure beats TV! If I want important news, great Bible teaching, and time to enjoy fellowship with a diverse group of fellow believers, this is a great place to come to, and it's a nice place to make new friends like you, billym. I've got to go, my wife just took some banana bread out of the oven and my grandson wants to play.

mikhen7 is offline Free In Christ

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJM View Post
    Nice confession, I can relate as it sure can be addicting. I do have to discipline myself. I need more time for personal Bible study, to pray more, spend more time with my family, get my home improvement projects finished, wash the truck and SUV(live on a gravel dirt road), shovel the driveway(has 1" of snow on it), eat(sometimes I forget to, but that can be a good thing), drink more water(sometimes I forget to, dehydrated), sleep(Am I the only one who loses sleep?) OH! and there are a lot of great article links on the home page of Rapture Forums.com that I've been neglecting.
    If I'm to have an addiction, Rapture forums forum is better than a lot of things. I will say that what I do when I log on each day, is to first go to the prayer and praise section, to see if there are brothers and sisters in need of prayer, to hear praise, and to start my day off in shared morning prayer with some of my family. There are many needs for prayer here, and I've requested prayer myself. I try to frequently see if there are any new members introducing themselves, and give them a welcome. It really meant a lot to me, when I received my first welcomes. I really like when I find a thread that has some nice Bible study in it. For a lot of the breaking news, I just look at the titles, and select a few that I find interesting to read. I don't start a lot of threads, usually Chris, Mattfivefour, and many others put out some great threads to look at, and comment on. I hope to offer more posts in the future, but up to now I haven't posted a lot beyond the prayer section, unless I felt strongly about something, or had something relevant to say. I told my wife that I could spend 24/7 on the web site and still not exhaust all that is available.

I'm sure thankful it's here, and it sure beats TV! If I want important news, great Bible teaching, and time to enjoy fellowship with a diverse group of fellow believers, this is a great place to come to, and it's a nice place to make new friends like you, billym. I've got to go, my wife just took some banana bread out of the oven and my grandson wants to play.
    Hello my name is Mike, I am an addict. But I LIKE IT!! Lord please do not deliver me to a life of no fellowship with my brothers and sister on this forum. Please make my CPU strong and empower my Memory. Do not allow my keyboard to stick and may my monitor glow brightly. In like manner keep my Heart strong in Christ and my memory livened by Your Spirit. Allow my fingers to be free from pain and my life glow for you in the midst of this perverse in heart generation. In Christ I pray Amen!!!

God Bless all!!

My Low Battery pop up just popped up. Gotta go get a cord!!!
    In Christ,

Daniel 12:3 (New King James Version)

Those who are wise shall shine
    Like the brightness of the firmament,
    And those who turn many to righteousness
    Like the stars forever and ever.
    www.truthinspires.com

We Are "NUN"
    Nazarene
    #weareN
    A New Symbol of Christian Persecution

readyforhome is offline Citizen

I guess I might be addicted to this site too. I am on it every day. Though to be honest I don't have an iPhone or anything else that would allow me to do so from work. That and I'd not be doing so from the PC's at work anyway as we have way too much work going on to even think about it. Working at Wal-Mart is usually busy enough, and working in the pharmacy only makes it that much more so. Though I do like staying busy, I like to joke with people and tell them we are only busy on the days that end in the letter "y". But I do try to get my fix as it were at least once a day:) Had some folks her give me some really good advice, and have actually have helped me clear some things up.

IamPJ is offline Citizen

Well as long as we're confessing our addiction, I might as well confess I'm addicted also. I live alone and am disabled so ya'll are kind of like family to me. I enjoy this forum so much. I've learned so much since joining. So many good people on here!!!!

MikeD is offline Citizen

I'm addicted when I'm here at home. Thankfully, as a truck driver, would be kind of hard to "log on" at work. Some of you "4-wheelers" might not like that too much. The part I love so much about this site is going back and reading some of he older post and articles. I mean, digging back to the first days. Some good stuff back there and a treasure of info to dig through. Of course, the newer, daily stuff is pretty good as well....

I am glad I started this thread, I really enjoy coming here to fellowship with my brothers and sisters in the Lord.
    1 John 1:7
    But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Kathy_57 is offline Citizen

Hello my name is Mike, I am an addict. But I LIKE IT!! Lord please do not deliver me to a life of no fellowship with my brothers and sister on this forum. Please make my CPU strong and empower my Memory. Do not allow my keyboard to stick and may my monitor glow brightly. In like manner keep my Heart strong in Christ and my memory livened by Your Spirit. Allow my fingers to be free from pain and my life glow for you in the midst of this perverse in heart generation. In Christ I pray Amen!!!

God Bless all!!

My Low Battery pop up just popped up. Gotta go get a cord!!!
    Amen

With the exception of the prayer thread, I am more a lurker. The first place I go, when signing in, is the prayer forum to see where prayer is needed. I do very much enjoy being able to come in when I can and read through the various threads. The one thing that really comes through on this site is that the members genuinely care for one another.

Thank you Father this morning for all here at Rapture Forum and for those responsible for keeping this site a place that would not only please You but also a site where Your name is lifted up and glorified in all things!

anath is online now I Love the Lord

Thanks for this thread Billy and I'm here to justify our addiction. Actually it is not an addiction. In real life brothers and sisters are few and far between and the world is growing darker and more hostile toward Christianity each day. I find comfort here and feel welcome & enjoy being here with my like-minded bros and sisses. I enjoy coming here everyday and finding your posts and getting to know you better. The prayer forum is especially dear to me where we come to stand in the gap in prayer for each other. I really and truly love y'all and thank the Lord we have this site to fellowship, learn, grow, praise Him & pray for each other.
    May we always glorify the Lord. May we bear witness that we are children of God always.
    Can't wait til we can all meet. Come, Lord Jesus come!
    Susan

Amazing love! How can it be that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

We are alike in the Lord. Literally, I just posted this in my very first blog not even 10 minutes ago!!! Amazing!!

I was looking for a place to ask some questions about spiritual warfare. I don't really know where to put that.
    mikhen7 and billym like this.

mattfivefour is online now Super Moderator

Faith, try Bible Study Q & A.
    -------"You are not your own; you are bought with a price." 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a

------ ------ ------

Quote Originally Posted by mattfivefour View Post
    Faith, try Bible Study Q & A.
    Thank you!

Forgiven is offline Citizen

When...

* when all the believers we know have fallen away like dominoes
    * when our churches become purpose driven or worse
    * when our only source of fellowship is a quick weekly chat with a grocery store worker
    * when it feels like we're the only one fighting the good fight
    * when this list could be longer, but you know what I mean...

That's when Rapture Forums is not an addiction, but a lifeline.

Thank you, Lord, for leading me to Rapture Forums!

LivnForChrist is online now Jesus Christ is Lord

Amen Forgiven.

Thread Information