IDF fears Syria attack as pressure builds on Assad
Rapture Forum Staff: Chris
Today the Jerusalem Post reported in an article that there is growing concern in the IDF that Syrian President Bashar Assad could possibly try to lash out at Israel over mounting internal pressure. As we have been discussing in recent editions of the Rapture Report regarding Syria and the 11-month conflict in that state, the reality that we could see a fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah 17 seems to move closer and closer into view. The prophecy in Isaiah 17 centers around the "destruction" of Damascus and that it becomes an uninhabited city in the future. With Syria possessing one of the world's largest stockpiles of chemicals weapons, there is a very good chance that Assad might act in a way that could fulfill this prophecy given that Israel has in the past warned Damascus that any use of chemical weapons on the Jewish state would result in a devastating strike on Damascus. The Jerusalem Post reports:
Concern is mounting within the IDF over the possibility that Syria will attack Israel as pressure mounts on President Bashar Assad to step down. The move is seen as part of a potential effort by Damascus to deter Arab countries from dispatching military support to opposition forces.
The concern is still under the surface, but the IDF's Northern Command has drawn up a number of operational responses to a range of scenarios that could evolve along the northern front. Nevertheless, Israel fears that Assad, under pressure, could turn the military force – that he has been using in an attempt to quell the ongoing uprising against his regime – against Israel.
One of the major reasons for the concern over Syria and Assad is the fact that there are reports out that Assad is currently using nerve gas against his own people. And if he is willing to do this, then there is no telling what he would do against the Jewish state. Given the history and years leading up to the modern re-birth of the Jewish state of Israel, it is no wonder that there is growing concern about the use of chemical weapons against the Jews. It is almost like history is repeating itself in a way. However, despite the threat and concern of the use of chemical weapons against Israel, the Bible makes it clear that the Jewish people are back in the land of Israel to stay. That no weapons formed against them will result in their entire destruction. There is also the threat that Syria's chemical weapons could fall into the hands of the various terrorist groups who would not think twice about using them. The Jerusalem Post article went on to further report:
Israel's concern hones in on recent reports that Assad is using nerve gas against the opposition. This has led Israel to reassess the possibility that Syria is might now be more willing to use chemical weapons against Israeli targets. Syria is believed to have one of the most extensive chemical weapon arsenals in the world that reportedly includes Sarin, VX and Mustard Gas.
Israel's is also considering the possibility that Syria's arsenal of chemical weapons will fall into terrorist hands. This stems from intelligence obtained by the West which indicates that advanced conventional military platforms have already been moved out of Syria by Hezbollah.
Right now the Israeli gas mask distribution program has reached nearly 60%. This leaves another 40% without any effective measures to use to defend themselves from an unexpected attack. Budgetary problems have been cited as the main reason why a large percentage of Israelis still don't have the needed gas masks. With these numbers being vulnerable, it is easy to see why concern is mounting about the desperation of Assad. Several prominent world leaders including UN leader Ki-Moon have given Assad "only a few weeks" left before he could be dispatched. Whether that happens remains to be seen, so it is important that we continue to watch the news coming out of the Middle East as it pertains to Syria and Israel. We already know that Syrian tanks were recently moved closer to the Israeli border.
Keep watching and as always keep looking up, the days of the end times are growing shorter and prophecy puzzle pieces continue to move across the prophetic game board. Remember to continue to speak out and preach about the salvation that only comes from the Lord Jesus Christ. Each day we are getting closer and closer to the blessed hope. As always, keep looking up.